• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs sleep?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Link to original post: [drupal=1151]Who needs sleep?[/drupal]

Its for the weak.

4 days and counting without sleep.

Discuss.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Everyone needs sleep eventually. Some people just need it less than others (not really).
But, yes, sleep is for the weak.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Everyone, Our body needs rest or you will become incredibly ill, and it will cause illusions and hallucinations. We also need rest to function properly, we also gain energy in sleep. Unless you don't do anything all day and eat PLENTY of carbohydrates you will pass out, doesn't matter how fit you are.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Dinko, this is sasukebowser we're talking about.

...Actually, yeah ur gonna pass out and they'll have to feed you through a rubber tube for half a day before you gain consciousness again.

I think.

Scott!

Smash Lord
4 days? That's impressive. I've only made it 42 hours or so, and I was a mess after like 30. I was seriously delirious. When I had breakfast after not sleeping, I was just sitting there snickering at my scrambled eggs for no discernible reason. Never again, until next time.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Staying up is fun when all you do is watch T.V., you can't get as tired as concentrating on a constantly flickering screen of whatever entertainment you prefer.

So I fell asleep for one hour, other than that I'm still going strong since Thursday.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Not sleeping has considerable ill effects if you deprive yourself of sleep for extreme lengths of time.

Still, it's easy to stay up for aaaages if it's worth it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I had no idea the Bill Cosby show existed before I watched it at like 3 in the morning on Nick at Nite one night. >.>

You learn something new when you aren't wasting a 1/3 of your life snoozing. XD

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No, that's booooooooriiiiiiiiiiiinguh!

If you're going to go to bed, at least...

... You know what, you're better off blaming your own dirty mind if my post gave you anything to go off of.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No, that's booooooooriiiiiiiiiiiinguh!

If you're going to go to bed, at least...

... You know what, you're better off blaming your own dirty mind if my post gave you anything to go off of.
Learn to induce Lucid Dreams. I'd be locked up for life 9001 times over if I did the stuff I do in dreams irl.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If I could guarantee myself a dream (of any sort) and that I wouldn't be tired when I woke up in the morning, I would like sleep.
But I don't usually dream, and I get tired in the morning and it sucks for school. This makes slaaping lame.

During the duration of my all nighters, and as of today, I have played THREE STOCK matchs of EVERY possible match up in Melee.
I think thats a job well done!

But I'm going to get plenty of sleep tonight and tomorrow just because I have a tournement on the 22nd. =P

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I sleep, the laws of physics always apply. And i have a reoccuring dream of this wooded area that is all messed up. It's not scary anymore though. I'm trying to go there again and confront it, but I never realise im in a dream . :L

Ange

Smash Lord
Everyone.

Arent we all tired when we wake up to eventually go to school/college/work/whatever? Just learn to go straight up instead of staying up all night playing Smash. If you dont get any sleep, THEN things will get bad.

Also, Ive heard you can die if you like... never sleep, not sure if its true. P:

Ange

Smash Lord
Well duh. <_<

Moral of the story: Get sleep, so you wont kill yourself not getting any.

Denzi

Smash Master
Sleep is for the weak, but it's still necessary. If you don't have a reason to stay awake for prolonged periods of time, it's not aomething you should be doing.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I love sleep. Sleep is my friend. I wish I never had to leave bed.

I only pull all nighters if I'm doing stuff, like playing with friends, partying or just getting drunk or something.

If not it is CRIMINAL to not sleep.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I suppose that if you drink enough Monster/Rockstar cocktails you can go on for a full week without sleep, physiologically speaking.

All you'd need to worry about then is staving off insanity.

I did 4 days on a cummalative 15 hours of sleep, and that was bad enough. Then again, I was doing hour + long car drives during that time, which was pretty dangerous.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I love sleep. Sleep is my friend. I wish I never had to leave bed.

I only pull all nighters if I'm doing stuff, like playing with friends, partying or just getting drunk or something.

If not it is CRIMINAL not to sleep.
Fix'd

10 split infinitives.

Top Bottom