• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Adi

Smash Lord
Easily. There's enough time to shield grab falco during his pilar, even if done correctly. you can also shieldsmash. Some character's nairs out of shield works.
Don't quote me on this but I believe that this is wrong. Maybe the grab if you time it right but I really can't see the JC U-Smash working at all. In any case even if it is right your best bet is to do the JC shine out of shield, because against the spacies you can lead it into shine combos which is pretty awesome ^^.

Frigid_Aztec said:
I can't seem to follow my opponents DI after I shine them. I know that waveshinning would be the best thing to do for it, but I'm terrible at waveshinning (I can do it with Fox though >.>)
Chances are you're going through the button motions too fast, I had that problem after playing fox for a while too. Go into training mode and ease yourself into the rhythm, it'll become second nature after that.

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
Chances are you're going through the button motions too fast, I had that problem after playing fox for a while too. Go into training mode and ease yourself into the rhythm, it'll become second nature after that.
I figured that the problem was something like that, thanks for the help

Repryx

Smash Champion
Is This Any Usage at All?

Scenario...YOu Are Charging the Firebird and For whatever reason your opponent isnt rushing you...(Maybe edgeguarding?) This can be done from anywhere on the Stage BTW...Lets say Yo Charge into the Ground at a Diagonal Agle towards your opponent and use the momentum of the bounce into a Shine or Dash-->Shine or DD-->Shine or WD--> shine...You get the Idea... I figure if you can play your cards right thru the match and work your opponent to where they rush you less it can be pulled off Sucessfully but I recomend it @ lower pecentages...

So Tell me what you think

Adi

Smash Lord
Is This Any Usage at All?

Scenario...YOu Are Charging the Firebird and For whatever reason your opponent isnt rushing you...(Maybe edgeguarding?) This can be done from anywhere on the Stage BTW...Lets say Yo Charge into the Ground at a Diagonal Agle towards your opponent and use the momentum of the bounce into a Shine or Dash-->Shine or DD-->Shine or WD--> shine...You get the Idea... I figure if you can play your cards right thru the match and work your opponent to where they rush you less it can be pulled off Sucessfully but I recomend it @ lower pecentages...

So Tell me what you think
Well your opponent would just be plain stupid to not rush you if he sees you charging the firebird. Not to mention there is some lag time after you bounce off the ground so I can't really see this being viable.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Don't quote me on this but I believe that this is wrong. Maybe the grab if you time it right but I really can't see the JC U-Smash working at all. In any case even if it is right your best bet is to do the JC shine out of shield, because against the spacies you can lead it into shine combos which is pretty awesome ^^.
A jc usmash only takes 1 frame more than a shieldgrab (if you do it right). and the jc shine takes 1 frame less than the grab (if you do it right).

Yeah, i forgot this is falco we're talking about here, the shield shine is the better option against spacies, cause even if you don't do it perfectly, you can still combo it. (i was thinking fox, cause i often answer questions like this for fox).

Repryx

Smash Champion
*sniff* Ok Wait Well an opponent isnt Always in the Position to Rush you...Lets try this Scenario...

I Dsmash you at the Same time you Fsmash Me....YOu Tech roll back and I Double Jump Firebird....It Seems Dumb to try to rush me from across the stage...I dunno SCOTU I NEED THE FRAMES FOR THE LAG TIME...ugh...Ok lets say By reflex you Ran to me from across the stage...Firebird bounce behind you WD back-->SHine or DD--> Jump--> Shine -->Long Combo to death

Its gonna get rejected aint it? Do it Softly...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Keep in mind its pretty easy to hit someone out of a firebird that you KNOW is coming.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
*sniff* Ok Wait Well an opponent isnt Always in the Position to Rush you...Lets try this Scenario...

I Dsmash you at the Same time you Fsmash Me....YOu Tech roll back and I Double Jump Firebird....It Seems Dumb to try to rush me from across the stage...I dunno SCOTU I NEED THE FRAMES FOR THE LAG TIME...ugh...Ok lets say By reflex you Ran to me from across the stage...Firebird bounce behind you WD back-->SHine or DD--> Jump--> Shine -->Long Combo to death

Its gonna get rejected aint it? Do it Softly...
why are you attacking w/firebird?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Its Not Attacking W/ Firebid its Using the Momentum of he Bounce...The Firebird really doesnt Matter....Scotu Save Me......Im Dying here....:lick:

Ok Look If this turns out to be absolutely worthless....I'll Pay You All $1 To keep your Mouths Shut about my Terrible Strategy....Please!

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
Its Not Attacking W/ Firebid its Using the Momentum of he Bounce...The Firebird really doesnt Matter....Scotu Save Me......Im Dying here....:lick:

Ok Look If this turns out to be absolutely worthless....I'll Pay You All $1 To keep your Mouths Shut about my Terrible Strategy....Please!
I tried this just now, and uhhhh it doesn't work to well. Its way too situational to be of any good use.

Adi

Smash Lord
Lol, poor Repyrx

Anyways as of late I've been having a problem from being pressured by Marths while near the edge or on a platform, any advice on how I should gain more favorable ground?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
SCOTU I NEED THE FRAMES FOR THE LAG TIME
If you do a firebird, and finish in the air, you have 3 frames of lag when you land.
If you do a firebird, and finish on the ground (no bounce), you have 6 frames of lag.
If you do a firebird, and bounch, you have 6 frames of lag after landing from the bounce.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
After watching Mew2King's Marth at OC3, I think its imperative that all falco mains pick up sheik as a secondary.:laugh:

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
OK, I'm a new Falco player and lately I've been trying this new combo;

JC Grab/Shield Grab to D-throw to JC'd shine to Nair

And I can't land the Nair, I always end up doing Fair because I shine them slightly forward. How can I fix this so I get the Nair instead of Fair?

Note: I use this combo to knock them off the stage to edgeguard them, not as a finisher, so please don't recommend I Uair to finish or something.

Miharu

Smash Hero

Dthrow to shine does not work, under any circumstances. So stop doing it. For the JC shine to nair, just make sure your control stick is neutral while performing the aerial, so it is an nair. If you can't get it to work, you can just do JC shine to bair; it's quite simple to pull off if you use the control stick to jump, and the cstick to input the aerial.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Is there an advantage in some circumstances of using: aerial shine to nair rather than bair? I have bair down I'm wondering if bair is all round better at any circumstance or is there a situation where nair is better which would prompt me to learn it.

Repryx

Smash Champion
bair is better but nair gives you just that more reach forward unless you jump forward and cstick back which still makes the bair better....Nair Usages would be preparation for a Di mix-up I guess...Ive never used it in a serious Match-up.

Against Floaties Like Marth uair is a great Killer move.

BTW I lost lolz

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
HK, why doesn't the Dthrow to shine work? Albeit I have only been using it on friends, that's all I'll be playing against, can I still use it?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Dthrow to shine doesn't work against skilled players because any skilled player will techroll away, thus avoiding the shine even if its executed frame perfectly.

Adi

Smash Lord
If you're extremely awesome you can do a shine turn around bair which eliminates any potential use of shine - nair.

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
I need help with a few things.

1st. I can't get the LHDL down for some reason, how fast do I have to push the B button? Sometimes I spaz out and go too fast, so Falco keeps on shooting after he lands, which is bad:laugh:

2nd. I need some good counter-pick stages against a Marth player.

thx

Repryx

Smash Champion
for the LHDL Flick the control stick down then back up and spam the B button but after you see the second laser stop....or if you screw up and do one and come close to the ground take your hands off the b button.

And when I counter pick Marth I pick something Large with a low ceiling like Jungle Japes...Easy Kills for floaties like him and many escape routes..butIt really all depends on your style...

Adi

Smash Lord
It isn't really about how fast you're pushing the B button, it's more about timing. I was screwing this up initially too because I was going through the motions too fast.

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to know how to do the phantasm stall thingy on the ledge properly i tried figuring it out on my own but just failed :( is it just dropping and phantasm really fast?

edit: never mind searched the thread and found my answer

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
What stages are considered bad for falco? I've played all the tourny one counter picks included and I don't feel bothered any of them, but are there stages I should watch out for?

Miharu

Smash Hero
What stages are considered bad for falco? I've played all the tourny one counter picks included and I don't feel bothered any of them, but are there stages I should watch out for?
Falco in general does well on all stages; it's only against certain characters on certain stages that he has a problem with.

For example, Falco would have a problem with Fox on FD, a problem w/ CF on something like DL, etc.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'd like to know how to do the phantasm stall thingy on the ledge properly i tried figuring it out on my own but just failed :( is it just dropping and phantasm really fast?

edit: never mind searched the thread and found my answer
WOW. Awesome! someone with less than 10 posts that knows how to use the search function!

There need to be more ppl like you!

justice

Smash Ace
I was planning to go to a tourney with Falco as main and my backs up of Marth, Zelda, and Sheik.

This tournament is MPJubile the biggest in state for us anyways and it's my first.
I heard that it's mostly Falcon mains or something like that.

So I was wondering what should I have down for my Falco to do well. Also how do you double laser back on to the stage so low?

I've been having trouble pillaring Sheik and Ganon. Do I still waveshine against them? Since they go straight up mainly?
I just have trouble with Peach in general...

The last thing is how do I play smart if Falco is suppose to pressure them. Should I wait more?

Adi

Smash Lord
@LHDL, it's all about timing, make sure you hold down for an ample amount of time before you jump and push B

@Pillaring Sheik and Ganon: Uhh, I don't see how waveshining is involved in pillaring

@Peach Problems: Lock her down with laser, aim to outcamp her

@Playing Smart: Be controlled chaos, do fast moves to keep the pressure on but don't blindly throw yourself into a shield, keep an eye on how your opponent reacts to any action you take.

For example, if you know that your opponent deals with lasers by full jumping over them and approaching you, keep that in mind for next time, and the moment he jumps jump up with him and d-air his face in.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You CAN waveshine behind an opponent if you're worried about getting shield grabbed out of your pillaring....however he most likely is confusing pillaring with shine comboing. If that is the case, wavedashing out of a shine is always better because it makes it much easier to follow DI.

justice

Smash Ace
@LHDL, it's all about timing, make sure you hold down for an ample amount of time before you jump and push B

@Pillaring Sheik and Ganon: Uhh, I don't see how waveshining is involved in pillaring

@Peach Problems: Lock her down with laser, aim to outcamp her

@Playing Smart: Be controlled chaos, do fast moves to keep the pressure on but don't blindly throw yourself into a shield, keep an eye on how your opponent reacts to any action you take.

For example, if you know that your opponent deals with lasers by full jumping over them and approaching you, keep that in mind for next time, and the moment he jumps jump up with him and d-air his face in.
You CAN waveshine behind an opponent if you're worried about getting shield grabbed out of your pillaring....however he most likely is confusing pillaring with shine comboing. If that is the case, wavedashing out of a shine is always better because it makes it much easier to follow DI.
Thanks alot for your help. I'll make sure to incorporate it all. The smart play I'll make a note of as well. Also I mean shine comboing ike RagingAsian.

Bunstable

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Falco and I use few technique cause I ain't really that fast YET to execute them but I can do some pretty well *cough cough* but I just miss to combo when I play vs friend like the Shine Jump Shine Jump DAir and etc... -__- I just feel pretty sucky cause I can't go often to a buddy's home and I can't play alot vs people and there is no tourney where I live... The best way to get better is to play vs real people but I find myself playing with the computer everytime so I'm very bored... How much it cost to enter a tournament and where can I find them... I wan't one to be hold in the town I live.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Man that post was crazy bunstable... basically there are tournies in like 49/50 states but the more rural ones you might have to drive an hour to get to, the standard fee is $10-15 for singles, usually a game store at least will run a monthly.

Adi

Smash Lord
You can host one yourself, it's fairly easy too, just find some venue around you and be assertive and you can probably rent it out for a day.

Bunstable

Smash Rookie
Ugh I can't make any tourney. I don't think people are enough kind to give some donation and I don't have the material + I don't think there is a lot of people that will notice about it if there was one unless I put a paper all around town I dunno I just suck at making promotion and I'm 45 minutes away from Montreal and I've never heard any tournament going to be anywhere...

monkey and co.

Smash Apprentice
i gotz a question

i've watched a lot of videos and i've noticed that the dsmash is used much more often then the fsmash. personally, from my experience, i find the fsmash more useful, but that's because i rarely use the dsmash. i realize that i get shield grabbed a lot, because i use fsmash, but that's the only real problem i see with it.

is there a trajectory difference? like the fsmash sends them a bit higher then a dsmash? and thus is a better killing tool??

thanks

Top Bottom