• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Adi

Smash Lord
I was going to start a thead about this, but theres to much "i need help with ______"already...

So here it goes... I main Falco and Marth, second Jiggly, about 1 month ago I picked up Fox (who I have never been able to get a hold of), but this time aroud things started to work, waveshining isn´t 2 much of a deal, I´m starting to SHDL, I L-cancel around 70 % of the time (d-air is the one giving me trouble), and I´m able to win consistently against my friends, well I guess you get the picture..
The thing is NOW my Falco game is officially crap, my wavedash is off-time, he seems sluggish, I can´t beat my freind´s Ganon (wich I usually owned) and this all seems weird 2 me bcs my marth game actually improved (l-cancel is now a piece of cake, much better control and reaction, starting to pull off new and better combos), My jiggs game is slightly better, but falco just seems two "slow" now and even somewhat "floaty" when I pick him after using fox...

Has this happened to anyone here???help please :(:(:(....
Yeah that happened to me at one point when I tried to pick up Fox too. Their timing is slightly different but their movesets are similar so when you switch to the other you attempt to use the same timing. My advice is to divide your time up with both of them evenly, or just stick with one.

ICEIGHT; said:
My falco game is pretty good, i can land most of my Shffls and My blaster, but i cannot seem to create newer combos, all the combo's i have now are getting old and predictable

Please help me on new ideas for combo's
Watch falco videos and try to pick up on some of the stuff they do, but as far as combos goes, just do whatever comes to mind at that situation.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ha! i heard shiz lost to gimpy... (no, he won the rematch, i'm just messin w/ you shiz).

Shiz, too bad i didn't really get a chance to get owned... i.. mean... play with you. (would've helped my fox out a bit, but i didn't really get to play anyone phenomenal).

edit: oh, at the MM, the only time i beat him was with CF on FD. Edgeteched Bowser Fsmash ftw.

Afo

Smash Apprentice
Thx Adi, I guess I´ll have to keep on precticing both since Fox is really working out nice and I don´t wanna lose Falco as a strong character.

Any advice over on what situations I should choose to go with either one???(I picked up fox bcs there´s this sheik player I can´t win against, I guess my marth nor my falco, who´s even worse now, are good enough yet to deal with him)

xelasfx

Smash Rookie
hey shiz! nj at FCD :D i was wondering how you recover from a marth who continues to counter an up B recovery. I saw you do a tech once but whats the correct timing on that :) i keep getting owned by marths

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hey shiz! nj at FCD :D i was wondering how you recover from a marth who continues to counter an up B recovery. I saw you do a tech once but whats the correct timing on that :) i keep getting owned by marths
That actually was extremely ingeneous. Does it require SDI? or at least ASDI? (i've never teched one of those before, so i don't really know).

Repryx

Smash Champion
Wait I didnt understand the question...rephrase it maybe I can Help.

EDIT: Oh I get it Ive Used as he says Soku To tech it off the wall but then again he doesnt always say that and You are probably talking about on the edge... Sorry

SCOTU

Smash Hero
if that was directed at me, i just want to know if one has to SDI or ASDI to the edge to tech off Marth's counter. (i don't know if it hits you while you are still at the edge, or if you have to asdi back to it, or if you actually have to SDI)

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
my friend needs help.... with combos.
like, starting them, and carrying them out.
he has a problem with following peoples DI when he's pillaring.
and he always accidentally F-Airs... >_>

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
if that was directed at me, i just want to know if one has to SDI or ASDI to the edge to tech off Marth's counter. (i don't know if it hits you while you are still at the edge, or if you have to asdi back to it, or if you actually have to SDI)
I Smash DI the Counter myself.. still working at it though to get it consistantly.

monkey and co.

Smash Apprentice
i got a question

when i'm doing a sh nair shl fsmash, i sometimes hit with falco's body, and sometimes with his foot. sometimes when i'm in the air and sometimes when i'm just about to land. and only when i hit the opponent perfectly can i follow up with whatever.

so my quetion is what parts of falco's nair do u want to his the opponent with. or does it not matter???

helpzors

Adi

Smash Lord
B0mbe1c said:
Hey, can you help me to do JC or JC shines?
Just jump after you shine...read the guides before asking ridiculously basic questions.

monkey and co. said:
so my quetion is what parts of falco's nair do u want to his the opponent with. or does it not matter???
N-air isn't a very good combo move so chances are, if you're using it as a follow up, you're using it to knock the opponent away so it doesn't matter what part you're hitting them with.

As far as using it as a combo starter it is also pretty irrelevant, just make sure you're close enough for a shine =).

Linoleum33

Smash Rookie
i got a question

when i'm doing a sh nair shl fsmash, i sometimes hit with falco's body, and sometimes with his foot. sometimes when i'm in the air and sometimes when i'm just about to land. and only when i hit the opponent perfectly can i follow up with whatever.

helpzors
Falco's nair gets weaker the longer he holds it out, so ive found that if i pull out the nair earlier, the knockback decreases and leads better combo possibilities. again, remember that DI always comes into effect, so sometimes the combo wont connect.

experiment with different characters and percentages as well.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Linoeum above is correct; in combos always pull out your nair as early as possible so you just get the bump instead of the whack, and you can sometimes combo another Nair or Dair, lasers, grabs etc, at 10-50% vs. most characters.

At higher percents, bust out the F-air, it's too good.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Can anyone offer advice on any of the following matches vs bowser:

Yoshi's Story
Brinstar
Green Greens

Bowser forums aren't too friendly towards falco players :laugh:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Thanks Blunted Obj.
@ Raging, YS is bowser's best stage due to smallness and fortress edgehog. Ban it against gimpy.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Thanks Blunted Obj.
@ Raging, YS is bowser's best stage due to smallness and fortress edgehog. Ban it against gimpy.
I actually play regularly with Gojira so I have experience on YS. I was considering banning that OR Green Greens, since that is a stage I almost never play on.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Wait. if you're the one w/ regular bowser practice, why are you asking advice? Most of us here haven't played a good bowser, i only got like 5-7 games w/ gimpyfish. (but he is amazing-er on YS than anywhere else).

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm just asking because Gojira says Gimpy is significantly better than he is and it concerns me very much.:(

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
omg i finally saw the vids of Shiz vs PC, m2k etc

What shiz is making with the shield of his oppenent isnt human lol ...
Cant belive what im seeing... shiz is clearly broken and his falco clearly World Top...

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a problem with instant wall jumping while hanging on a ledge. The problem is that when I ledgehop a bair occasionally I instant wall jump and fair... and die. How do I stop doing this or rather, how can I control doing this?

0ChibiCloud

Smash Cadet
I seem to be having trouble with the shine to bair technique, i can almost never get the bair to hit after the shine. Right now, im using y to jump and the c-stick to bair...any tips or suggestions?

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I seem to be having trouble with the shine to bair technique, i can almost never get the bair to hit after the shine. Right now, im using y to jump and the c-stick to bair...any tips or suggestions?
Usually when I do the Shine --> Bair, I find it a heck of a lot easier to jump out of the shine with the control stick. It's one of the only times I use the control stick to jump. You need to be able to jump and bair within a few frames after you shine to pull it off, the time it takes to move your hand from Y to the C-stick is much too large. That is, unless you claw, in which case it's totally different.

The way that I do the Shine --> Bair is I get into the air normally, with X. I shine, then I quickly flick the control stick up, while bairing with the C-stick. I'm fairly sure that this is the common way of pulling it off, you more experienced Falco players can correct me if I'm mistaken.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm having a problem with instant wall jumping while hanging on a ledge. The problem is that when I ledgehop a bair occasionally I instant wall jump and fair... and die. How do I stop doing this or rather, how can I control doing this?
You won't ever instant walljump if you hit down on the control stick to let go. It only works if you hit away.

Repryx

Smash Champion
BTW Fallen do you ever make use of the Walljump? It has MANY uses from off the edge!

Top Bottom