• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your favorite char to play against with t3h Pika? Tell me or I'll eat you.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I love to play against Spacies, Falcon, Link, and maybe Sheik ( When that transvestite doesn't chain grab).

But I hate to play against Floaties. Especially Peach, A total *****. I should start an anti peach club! Oh and Gannon, he is gay too.

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I like playing against Roy the most. I also like Fox, Falco, and C. Falcon. And I agree, I hate Peach too.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Ya, Anther I LOVE hard matchups to. (Aslong as it is not ICs)
I do not like easy matchup. It is just not fun.

But except for Peach. she is a *****( And Pika is the Pimp!)

Anther

Smash Champion
Falco = ezyMode, quickhog, upair, fsmash
And Marth isn't bad soon as you don't believe its a bad matchup XD.. cause then all of a sudden you don't get hit by as many tippers.. and its def a bit better than Fox/Sheik in my opinion... course.. Michigan isn't exactly known for its marth players..

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
My favorite matchup is against Marth

Here's my top 5 fave matchups

1. Marth
2. Peach
3. Captain falcon
4. Falco
5. Jigglypuff

Pika vs marth isn't that bad of a matchup.

Don't let marth players tell you otherwise

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I like fighting DK and Captain Falcon!

Oh wait...I'm not a Pikachu player really. >____>;

Well, they're still fun to fight with Pikachu.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
My favorite matchup is against Marth

Here's my top 5 fave matchups

1. Marth
2. Peach
3. Captain falcon
4. Falco
5. Jigglypuff

The worst think you could possibly do to that list is replace Peach with marth. :(

Go away.

:yoshi: I like fighting DK and Captain Falcon!

Oh wait...I'm not a Pikachu player really. >____>;

Well, they're still fun to fight with Pikachu.
I like playing boozer. I like the combos. And the scorn on their face.

Blanco

Smash Rookie
My brother plays with marth, so Im always battking a marth. I also enjoy fighting Falco.

The problem is that Im not that good, so Marth beats me up sometimes.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
I love playin IC's......I seriously don't think they belong on the very hard section of pika's matchups. I think Sheik and IC's should be switched on that list.

N64

Smash Champion
Single IC can chainthrow Pikachu. Seriously, if you get grabbed at almost any point in the match and the ICs don't suck, you're very probably dead.

Anther

Smash Champion
Def agree with N64 on that one. If there's one match-up for pika that sucks more than all other matchups.. It's ICs.. Mallets hit too hard.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Single IC can chainthrow Pikachu. Seriously, if you get grabbed at almost any point in the match and the ICs don't suck, you're very probably dead.
Well same can be said about sheik....i dunno....ive yet to play chu's IC's, but I've played many IC's that didn't suck and I've never felt like they were that bad of a match up.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I might have to agree with Raptorhawk about this one.

1. Sheik's rapeage on Pika Compared to IC's:

A- Sheik has its Chaingrab>Ftilt>Fair gayness. This can KO you in some stages, or at least give you a very High percentage. ICs has either a it's Dthrow chaingrab or worse.... wobbling(Oh noes)! Both can guarantee a kill regardless of your opponents skill level ( not really).

B- Setting up their grab. Well sheik has a LOT more grab range then Popo( or Nana depending on costume.) Also Sheik is much faster then ICs therefore she can land JC grab much easier then IC's.

C- Weight. Sheik is heavier then ICs, although Because of the trouble killing nana, ICs may even be harder to kill for this reason... I dunno?

D- Sheik has teh n33dl35!!!! This takes away all camping options you have to escape a grab.
If you where facing the ICs, however, Thunderjolt spamage is a very funny and awesome thing to do.

All this is just my opinion. I'm sure N64 will make a 6-10 essay on how I'm completely wrong and that ICs are harder matchups because of something like their priority or something.......

N64

Smash Champion
Essay inc! You guys know me too well, it's sweet *tears up*

Both have brutal chaingrab options on you, yes, but I don't wholely agree on it being easier for sheik to grab. While she does have a faster runspeed, ICs don't get around by running. They just wd everywhere, which makes them pretty much as fast as sheik. Also, they can wd into dsmash (sheik only has the semi-scary dash attack from dash) or jab (which leads to grab) as options other than grab.

In addition, given enough room sheik can CG you to like 80% before you reach an edge, but with decent DI she can't actually kill you. She will kill you the next time she gets the opportunity to fair you, but dthrow doesn't lead directly to fair until probably 140+%, which you shouldn't be living to anyways. And with good DI, dthrow->ftilt->fair doesn't actually work at any percentage that will kill you. Given enough room, ICs will kill you from a grab though, as long as both of them are still alive. Dthrow chain to dthrow dsmash/fsmash does kill. With only one IC it doesn't lead to death, but i think it still goes to one-smash-from-death percentage.

Another thing to note that I think gets overlooked is that you have to be super careful about trying to grab ICs. If you don't bthrow immediately once you get the grab, you're going to get dsmashed as soon as you do get the grab. And if you end up grabbing nana, you're going to get dsmashed or grabbed after the throw anyways. Sheik is grabbable. With her ftilt and jabs it's not easy, no, but still more possible than grabbing ICs without dying.

Jolts are meh vs. both characters. Needles > jolts, and 2 icicles, while more avoidable than needles, will still cancel out jolt and one will get through in projectile wars. And they can still punish you for jolting too close anyways.

ICs are easier to edgeguard, I'll give you that. Pika doesn't have tooooo much trouble seperating them either, which works out well, but it's **** hard to approach them and you don't have many defensive measures against them either (no shieldgrabbing, wd->dsmash can go through your ftilt, etc.). Good ICs are super scary for pikachu, so easy to just die from one mistake.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Essay inc! You guys know me too well, it's sweet *tears up*

Both have brutal chaingrab options on you, yes, but I don't wholely agree on it being easier for sheik to grab. While she does have a faster runspeed, ICs don't get around by running. They just wd everywhere, which makes them pretty much as fast as sheik. Also, they can wd into dsmash (sheik only has the semi-scary dash attack from dash) or jab (which leads to grab) as options other than grab.

In addition, given enough room sheik can CG you to like 80% before you reach an edge, but with decent DI she can't actually kill you. She will kill you the next time she gets the opportunity to fair you, but dthrow doesn't lead directly to fair until probably 140+%, which you shouldn't be living to anyways. And with good DI, dthrow->ftilt->fair doesn't actually work at any percentage that will kill you. Given enough room, ICs will kill you from a grab though, as long as both of them are still alive. Dthrow chain to dthrow dsmash/fsmash does kill. With only one IC it doesn't lead to death, but i think it still goes to one-smash-from-death percentage.

Another thing to note that I think gets overlooked is that you have to be super careful about trying to grab ICs. If you don't bthrow immediately once you get the grab, you're going to get dsmashed as soon as you do get the grab. And if you end up grabbing nana, you're going to get dsmashed or grabbed after the throw anyways. Sheik is grabbable. With her ftilt and jabs it's not easy, no, but still more possible than grabbing ICs without dying.

Jolts are meh vs. both characters. Needles > jolts, and 2 icicles, while more avoidable than needles, will still cancel out jolt and one will get through in projectile wars. And they can still punish you for jolting too close anyways.

ICs are easier to edgeguard, I'll give you that. Pika doesn't have tooooo much trouble seperating them either, which works out well, but it's **** hard to approach them and you don't have many defensive measures against them either (no shieldgrabbing, wd->dsmash can go through your ftilt, etc.). Good ICs are super scary for pikachu, so easy to just die from one mistake.
I hate you.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
....but it's **** hard to approach them....
My turn for an essay!

This is where I disagree. I find it very easy to approach them. Much better than approaching sheik. Wait for them to whiff basically anything and run in with shffld nair, just make sure that you land just behind them. If they shield just run...their shield stun is just long enough for you to get away...throw in a dsmash once you see they catch on to you running away as they will tend to just run into it thinking theyre going to chase you or you throw in upair...upair is safer because if they dont go running after you, you can still escape...trust me it works well and often lol.

If they dont get the sheild in at low percentages it sets up nicely for dsmash, uair and even upsmash, at higher percentages it sets up edguards, and if for some reason nana is still alive at high percentages the difference in their individual percentages is usually enough so that u can pick nana off or even get popo as he tries to get back with her.

Once you have them seperated I find it easy to **** nana before popo can get to me or her. You also need to keep in mind that when IC's get seperated the player will generally focus more on reuniting the two than killing you. You use this opportunity into tricking your opponent that your aim is to kill nana(which you will do if you can), but if you cant act like that your goal is killing nana, but look for the opportunity to get popo just enough to knock him away or grab him and bthrow and while hes out the way then finish nana or you can even keep going after popo if you like, but i prefer taking out nana asap as its usually the safer route.

Top Bottom