• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is this Chozen guy and why do we care....

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
This is not the jiggs we know and love, more like biggs.
sigh... i wanted jigglypuff to go unchanged...

i don't like how rest is weaker this time. WOPs are different this time, and i dislike that fact. i'm going to have to either get used to these changes, or main someone else...
But is there anything else, which really stands out for jiggly as a great reason to use it or is he/she as the title implys a 'one trick pony'
Anyways, I was a bit disappointed in the nerfing of rest.
Whoa Whoa Whoa..

Why does it seem that the Jigglypuff community as a whole is not pleased with the new changes?

RPK you know alwell as I do that people should not be totally comparing Brawl and Melee.. they are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAMES. What happened to the Jiggs guild maker that we all used to know and love <33

Rest was NOT nerfed no matter wut anyone thinks or says and this is why...

In relation to melee yes.. rest was indeed nerfed, however it's basic ussage is still very much there... It got you KOs early. In melee characters would survive for much shorter spams than they do in brawl and therefore rest's utility was so that you could basscially land 1 during anygiven stock [and with little or no DI] you could almost always assume a KO.. However in Brawl [even with Jiggs being the lightest character in the game] Jiggs still stands to realistically live after a missed rest due to the new physics which make KOs uncommon, and come at MUCH higher %'s. Jiggs is still able to get those early kills, but not at quite a low number as she used to... and with her increased size it also increases the rest hitbox, which ultimatly makes for easier and better rests... and let us not also forget that Jiggs now sleeps for less time, but also puts a "DoT" on her opponent which does "Damage over Time". THIS IS AMAZING.. if rest wasn't good enough... now look at Jiggs.

and yet... her recovery is still amazing, she can combo with her Fair even better and much of her basically stayed the same.

I am extremely happy with what has happened to Jigglypuff, and hopefully once I come across a copy of Brawl myself [and dont have to leech of my friends lol] ill be able to create an extremely comprehensive guild for all of our Jiggly brothers out there, and finally make a combo vid.. and btw... if you dont know who i am.. "ChozenOne's Learn to Fux w/ Amazingness Thread" along with some equally interesting topics back during melee.. so learn to embrace and love the changes... you have to anyway.

Good Day Sirs.

RPK

Smash Lord
True....It is like comparing Melee to 64 and so on. Still...Im going to miss getting those rest kills T_T The pinging sound and the opponent flying off the screen at like 15%....Im going to miss that so much....Oh well :p
Truthfully I never used it that much but with my style in melee, I wont be able to spam bair as much as I used to which is a majority of my aerial game since I could SH a bair and jump again before I land. However, if I can do that with fair in Brawl then I should be fine with the changes. I personally dont like change very much but hey...Im human...I can adapt and live on despite that fact that jigglypuff has changed : 3 For better or worse, who knows but meh...I'll keep maining the puff.
-pounds-

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Thank you chozen one. BTW RPK stop complaining about the rest. It isn't bad at all. I pulled it off like 12 times during the tournament and about 10 of them killed and I never died because of the rest. When I get my hands on brawl I'm definatly making a How play as Jigglypuff Part 4, Brawl.

RPK

Smash Lord
Thats why I said Oh well at the end cause I know it wont kill at extremely low percentages like in melee. Its still good considering that they start building up after they get hit by a rest since it also has the effect of a lip stick. So even if they live, theyll come back with higher damage. I never said it was bad though =\

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
Everyone was so quick to jump to conclusions about every character. In my opinion Jigglypuff is still awesome. Rest is still as fun for me, and as annoying for everyone else, therefore it's the same.

Dr. Stark

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff always nerf in all games. I see jiggly for first time in 64 and think it weak but I learn it smash very good. :chuckle:

RPK

Smash Lord
Well he is in the mid 70s when you hit him with rest and your partner protected you from Wolf ^^;;
Speaking of rest, approximately how long do you stay asleep now anyways?

RPK

Smash Lord
Brawl Jigglypuff is a little bit faster...But not by much...Like a 2 frames faster...So even then...It isnt much of a speed difference ^^;;

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Over unfortunately for us Jigglypuff is just about the slowest, weakest, and character with the least maneuverability in the air. Also about her rest it always was able to K.O. at low percents but with the super horrible rest animation after which was her signature for Smash. Even more than stupid Sing. I'm sure it can still K.O. at lower percents but it was one of the strongest attacks in Melee and 64. When ever you landed it, it was an almost guaranteed that you got the kill. Now you'll be lucky if it knocks then even far enough for you to get out of the rest animation. Overall shes been horribly nerfed no matter what way you look at it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Over unfortunately for us Jigglypuff is just about the slowest, weakest, and character with the least maneuverability in the air. Also about her rest it always was able to K.O. at low percents but with the super horrible rest animation after which was her signature for Smash. Even more than stupid Sing. I'm sure it can still K.O. at lower percents but it was one of the strongest attacks in Melee and 64. When ever you landed it, it was an almost guaranteed that you got the kill. Now you'll be lucky if it knocks then even far enough for you to get out of the rest animation. Overall shes been horribly nerfed no matter what way you look at it.
Your 100% wrong. I played her at a brawl tourny a week ago or so and she really hasn't changed at all. People just naturally live longer in brawl so thats why Jiggly dosn't cheap kill with rest. But it is indeed a lot easier to hit on so just use it when they're at a high precent. Shes even more floaty so shes even better at recovering. And she won't die untill shes in at least her 150%. Oh and here rollout got a huge buff.

RPK

Smash Lord
Since were on that topic, what was her buff for rollout and she has had no changes to her moveset? Also, can she do a sh, autocanceled fair?

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
Since were on that topic, what was her buff for rollout and she has had no changes to her moveset? Also, can she do a sh, autocanceled fair?
Her Rollout seems to start faster, and the lag frames at the end are less. As well as you can rollout off the stage, and still recover. At times yes it did seem like she could SH Autocancel Fair.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Gedennnnn, your sig is Top Tier material. Back on topic... yeah, Puff rules ^^

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Her Rollout seems to start faster, and the lag frames at the end are less. As well as you can rollout off the stage, and still recover. At times yes it did seem like she could SH Autocancel Fair.
One thing that bothered me in Melee was hitting a person near the edge of the stage and falling to my doom in the knockback, or just by stopping at the edge. Please tell me that has changed, that would make up for any nerfs to Jiggs' rest.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You don't recoil as much any more. The only way you could not make it back is if you hit an opponent that was standing as far as he could on the ledge. Basicly, you go straight up instead of a little backwards.

Top Bottom