• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the master? Us? Or our minds that make ''Us''?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=4642]Who is the master? Us? Or our minds that make ''Us''?[/drupal]

I'm currently in one of those moods again. I tend to question things that have no factual evidence to defend. (Because I personally see something admist the darkness with my spidey senses.) So.. expect another blog full of fallacious theories, flaming, opinions, insults, lack of terms, etc.

This time it will be different though-- I won't shed even the slightest hint of belligerance.

| - |

''Who is the master?'' is what I ask myself everyday. I wake up and I find myself unable to get up out of bed without telling myself that I have to. I'd play a game after premeditating a direct order--to myself--to not get angry if something didn't work the way as I planned--for whatever reason--just to end up getting aggravated regardless.

{What is this mysterious force that turns us into a half-operating lifeform? Why is it able to disable our will to fight against it.}

I questioned this for a very long time, and I've always wondered if it had anything to do with a deeper truth about the reliability we have for ourselves. Do we really trust ourselves? Could we really face darkness face to face if it were to come to it? The strength we implore that we have-- Is it real? Honestly. How many of us truly believe they know who they are?

Then.. I came to another concept.

Humans seem to work through a bridge that brings together opposing conflicts. (Meaning, we operate through negativity aswell as positivity.) The thing is, we ignore our negative side. {So imagine an abandoned side on the other side of that bridge.} (The negative side). Can you see that side generating on it's own? Can you imagine all of that negative energy multiplying into one massive singular form of force? It has nothing to balance it out.

{A human can handle a balance of temperatures. If it gets too hot, the force becomes unbearable. If it gets too cold, it's the same effect in a different context. What if the temperatures just kept rising or decreasing endlessly? We would be overpowered by something we can't even see. Balance had given us the life that we have and we used it to choose only one side-- when both sides are working together.}

This negative power starts becoming a dominant form of power that becomes bigger than the positive force that inhabits the opposite side. It starts devouring everything and blinds us from the bridge that brought everything together. It becomes so powerful that it can take over our own willpower if we don't balance; manifest it beforehand. (This can explain our explosive emotions; aswell as drowning in our emotions-- and not being able to control them even if we wanted to at times.)

Then that concept turned into a hybrid theory (Which is between the balance of life, and how our power can go awol--in a sense--if we don't acknowledge it.) If we don't control the energy that is negative and positive-- it turns against us. {It's like when we ignore our kids. They turn against us.} (Although living subjects and metaphysical forces aren't the same thing.. I do believe that is how it works.) The act of ignoring creates a false awareness of something which basically creates a wall inbetween you, and whatever that force is. This could be causing the power to be no longer held down by our own willpower, and causing it to completely go awry.

So it boils down to few simple questions: ''What would happen if we didn't ignore our negative side?''

''What would happen if we were to balance our positive and negative sides?''.

''Who is the master? Us? Or our minds that make ''Us''?''
--

- Lord of Asparagus' :188:

NNID
Budget_Player
I think part of the problem here is that you think humans have little relation to animals. You'd do well to read up on a little Freud; a fair amount of what we do is controlled by our instincts and our subconscious, both of which are effectively out of our control.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Mhmm.. I know we are animals.

I personally believe our advanced cognitive processes and our ability to see more than a pre-existent world--aswell as build on it-- allows us to defy our instincts.

What if we controlled the positive and negative sides of ourselves?

:063:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
AV is gone from UB forever, so there's no use replying to his posts.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Because he was so annoying, that nobody even bothered looking at everything else of him but a thousand letters.
This should probably close or be left alone by the way. Nobody is going to discuss this anymore.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't even realize room bans actually existed.

I thought they were just something people joked about.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well well. Looks like the kamikaze attack I did on that one blog was well worth the infraction.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
frotaz37, you should watch yourself too unless you want to end up like Alien Vision. You weren't as bad as he was, but you jumped in whenever he trolled to try and take some of the credit.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seriously, the answer is yes and yes, and probably yes to the addition of free will. Next question!

Sorry Alien Vision, but usually your deep meanings... aren't that deep. It kinda reminds me of when my sister was watching that awful American obsession show called "American Idol" and they had that chick Miley Cyrus (who I'm pretty sure has committed Hannis acts of incest with her daddy), who kept going on and on about people didn't realize how much of a deep thinking person she is, and how she is so much smarter than everyone. My response was like "GUURRRLLLLLL you're like 16, and you do your daddy. Stop acting like you're the only one who poops golden nuggets because I do it every burrito night."

That's kinda how I feel about Alien Vision. I understand he thinks he is deep, but you aren't that deep! Most people when they think they're going into some deep meaning aren't really digging deep enough. Alien Vision was also a very bad judge of people and merits. Son needs to come down to Earth, talk like regular folks, and needs to line dance in spacesuits with the rest of us! :laugh:

However, Alien Vision is an extraordinarily talented troll. I think we all gotta give him that. I think his talents go beyond talent. It goes into the realm of trolling Sainthood. I think Smashboards should honor him as a Saint of Spam, Trolling, and pretending to deep think when you're not deep thinking; you're asking basic high school humanities questions (if this was 300 years ago, though, that is deep thinking).

:088: :009:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why do other mods have to visit this place? >:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom