• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the hardest player to master?

MarioIsForPros

Smash Rookie
Who in your mind is the hardest to conquer ?

I know all characters are fairly balanced but one must stick out?
In other words who is the worst character who therefore needs the most time

For me I'd say either Olimar, or Link or snake....

What do you think :dizzy:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Snake, if I probably even tried to play him I just know I would have a lot of practicing to do.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
LOL @ Snake being the hardest

Anyways I don't know for sure but I think sheik/zelda or Sonic or the hardest

Sonic because of all the tricks and sheik/zelda because of all the percentages you have to learn and trick you have to to "master" not to mention the combos and set ups.

Sheik/zelda could easily be the hardest character to master but sonic is easily up there if not higher.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sonic is so easy to master, just because most of his attacks are from his reto games.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Sheik/Zelda is very difficult to master. Tristan forgot about the whole, using an entire other character in the fight. You have to master using Sheik against the cast, and Zelda against the cast.
That said, yes, i also think PT is up there as a tough character to use. I don't know enough about them. Do they skip a pokemon occasionally?
PT is also hard to use because Squirtle has some very unique physics happening, lots of sliding and unusual aerial movement. Makes for a hard contrast. Sheik and Zelda are very tough too though.
Snake is not difficult to use. I've not used him, but i know people who report mastering him very quickly. Grenades are the toughest thing, every other component of his game isn't actually that tough. For one, you press L to do his best aerial :p.

Diddy Kong is a very difficult character to master to full potential. Banana combos don't work automatically, you have to make them work. And you have to be able to fight an opponent holding a banana, which opens up a lot of depth.

Browny

Smash Hater
PT by a mile imo, then maybe Sonic and yoshi, simply because they dont have any spammable moves that can KO like so much of the cast has

snake is easy. if he were hard, there wouldnt be such an icnredibly large amount of people winning + placing high in tourneys.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think that Link is the hardest character to master. All the different techniques of his that are being made to improve him are hard to learn. For example, gale gliding and the zair edgeguard. Plus, its difficult to get around his weak points like his low recovery.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
snake is not hard -_-
on my first time playing him I just spammed nades..walking..rolling..FTILT..downtiltt..and when they got to 100% i spammed uptilt it was the saddest thing ever i dont even remember doing a single aerial attack.
PT is the hardest No doubt.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
probably zelda/sheik..........

neither one can approach from the air (sheik kinda can, but not against a character with a decent uair, because sheik's nair isn't going to go very far downwards)

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
For me?
Zelda/Sheik
Sonic, don't know how to contain him without losing track of myself
King Dedede. Probably just because I suck with him though.

MarioIsForPros

Smash Rookie
so far most people are saying Pokemon Trainer (undersrtandable), Zelda/Shiek.....oh and Snake < Rofl !

Keep the post coming they're interesting to read!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Meta Knight.

Seriously, though, maybe one of the slower characters like Dedede or Bowser, Snake, and Pokemon Trainer.

Ice Climbers aren't too easy to master either. Same with Wario.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Snake and Metaknight suck so bad it'll take a year for you to become even a little bit good with them.

No, but seriously, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, or Shiek are the hardest imo.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Sonic is so easy to master, just because most of his attacks are from his reto games.
1. What a stupid statment.

2. I think you are confusing the words 'master' and 'use' Sonic is easy to use not master the fact that he uses attacks from retro games has absolutely nothing to do with it, same as his position on the current tier list (which you did not mention but I felt like bringing up)

Anyway it's between Shiek/Zelda, Sonic, and Olimar for me. And PT, Olimar and PT have a difficult learning curve to them having to keep track of Pikmin and the Pokemon as they loose stamina.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Hey guys, ever noticed the thread title says "Who is the hardest PLAYER to master". It doesn't say what character. In this case, I'd say Silent Wolf is the hardest player to master.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it's Ice Climbers, and it's not becuase there a duo, it's simply because of their playing style plus moves which I really dislike therefore I hardly or never play as them

Top Bottom