• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the hardest character to beat?

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
1. fox
2. mario
3. olimar
4. pikachu
5. toon link

This is my standing on who is hard to beat. as for everyone saying that metaknite is hard to beat, this is true but if its because of the over spammed moves then just inhale when he starts to spam and I suggest using the DDD DJC Dair to affectively poor on the damace.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Hmm... I would have to say, small and fast characters mostly..

Lucas
Olimar
Toon Link

Those so far... d<_< b...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1. Falco
2. Olimar
3. G&W
4. Toon Link
5. Pikachu
6. Snake
7. Metaknight
8. Pit

I think Dedede has the most trouble with those guys (not in any specific order of difficulty). Maybe with Marth as well but he isn't as annoying as someone like TL or Falco.

xxkpxx

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lucario. In my opinion I think he is a real threat in the air. His F-air has a lot of reach and you really have to time your F-air to have any competition with it. Also is D-air is brutal too. One of my friends main Lucario and he is a lot of trouble .

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
1. Olimar
2. Metaknight
3. Game & Watch
4. Pikachu
5. Toon link
hahahah
king ddd is a counter for metaknight IMO
my own revised list:

1.SOMETIMES olimar
2.SOMETIMES toon link
3.SOMETIMES sonic
4.SOMETIMES pit
5.SOMETIMES pikachu
6.SOMETIMES G&W
(sometimes, because it depends on the opponents skill, a good ganon will whup yur ***)

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
game and watch
pikachu
ice climbers(omg)
olimar *sometimes(too easy to kill/edgeguard)

btw mario is really really easy for me. perfect shield, airs, and cg/ig and ftilt

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
1)MetaKnight: because his priority and recovery forced you to playvery defensively, and be really good at tech chasing for the bulk of your damage, while he can knock you in the air, quikly rack damge, and Shuttle Loop for death if you make one error.

2) Olimar: because of his size and the free damage from Pikmin, plus it can be hard to tell what he's doing. Try to force him to move to you and gimp his tether recovery, and he becomes less of a problem

3) Toon Link: because he can bair you and there is nothing you can do in the air. The Projectile spam is an issue at first, until you realize that ftilt kills that part of his game.

4) Snake: because his recovery is gay, and he has so many quick power moves, so he can kill you as quickly or even faster.

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
I've personally never had too much trouble with Olimar...

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Samus
4. Olimar
5. Link/Toon Link

In other words, projectile spammers.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I have an absolutely horrible time with Zelda.
Din's spam is probably the most annoying thing ever, Kicks are now 50 times easier to land, and her most useful smash (Upsmash) is pretty impossible to DI out of. Not to mention it sucks when Gordos get reflected back at you.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
alot of ddd's have trouble against olimar

JayBee is 100% correct when dealing with olimar players

also i found that olimar is very vulnerable from the aireal 45 degree angle...not many options for him
so use back air to approach in this area...

Falco is ddd's worst match up

???????

Smash Journeyman
1. Falco

2. Toon Link

3. Snake

4. Mario (Good Mario users are hard to find but fireballs, F.L.U.D.D., and cape ruin so many approaches...)

5. Olimar

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
falco... cg are gay when DDD isn't doing it. and pit too. Why olimar? I don't play any good ones, but I imagine gimping olimar would be way too easy. bair then hug the edge.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I've personally never had too much trouble with Olimar...

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Samus
4. Olimar
5. Link/Toon Link

In other words, projectile spammers.
Wolf - You can CG him and just shield grab the hell outta him since a lot of Wolf players who arent that good spam the krust out of Smash moves like noobs.
Samus - 1 word. Infinite grab.
Toon Link - Air dodge FTW if he's unloading combos.

I dunno, I think those 3 are easy to fight, but that's just me.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Wolf - You can CG him and just shield grab the hell outta him since a lot of Wolf players who arent that good spam the krust out of Smash moves like noobs.
Samus - 1 word. Infinite grab.
Toon Link - Air dodge FTW if he's unloading combos.

I dunno, I think those 3 are easy to fight, but that's just me.

i agree...

lol at "spam the krust out of Smash moves"

i thought that was hilarious for some reason

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
I find that even with bad players, Falco, Metaknight, and Olimar are big obstacles, as has been previously noted.

Falco has a better projectile, a better chain grab, a spike, and in general, is the better camper. Staying far away? You'll get laser spammed. Approach? You'll either get chain grabbed, or he can just Illusion away.

Metaknights that save their KO moves are dangerous. Most of the ones I've faced are bad and end up spamming their forward and down smashes. While I get hit by a lot of them, they use them so much that they are so decayed that I survive well past 150%, allowing me to get that clutch down smash or up tilt that I've been saving. However, if the Metaknight knows what he's doing and uses the correct moves to rack up the damage, a well placed down smash (which is easy to get off on Dedede) will kill you much earlier.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
From personal experience and observing tourney performance of other great DDD players, I find DDD's worst matchups in order to be:

1. MK - Extremely hard to edgeguard. Gimps DDD's recovery well with Dairs, Up Airs -> Up Bs, Up B's and has reliable horizontal KO moves his MK does not spam them (Nair, Dsmash, Fsmash)

2. Zelda - While Din's Fire isn't really hard to get past, it helps her control the pace of the matchup. Good Zelda's will not spam this move and use to make DDD approach a certain way and she can react to it effectively. On stages that are large and/or promote camping (e.g. - Castle Siege, Electroplankon and even Smashville), DDD takes risks going aerial and Zelda will likely rack up damage with Din's Fire, her aerials and a few smashes. Zelda has ton's of KO moves on DDD. Fsmash, Dsmash, Up Air, Bair/Fair, Up Tilt and Ftilt. DDD dies the best when he's hit with a move that has good horizontal knockback and Zelda has a lot of those.

3. Toon Link - IMO this matchup is still pretty even, but that only if you know how to deal with his projectile spam. Everything this guy does is a setup and he's testing to see how you react to his projectile spam like whether you are shield dashing, throw waddle dees and using tilts. His bomb is the projectile to worry about the most and will often help him set up Bair combos and just damage racking.

4. Pit - I think this matchup is pretty even, but it's ****ing annoying as hell. Again his arrows are there to position you a certain way. If the Pit is any good, he'll make this battle extremely long and mentally exhausting and wish you were playing Melee. His Fsmash is extremely spamable, but it you PS the first hit, you'll get a good frame advantage and you'll be able to grab him. However, I play very smart Pit's where they pressure the life time of your shield and then fsmash which is why PS is essential in dealing with it.

5. ROB - Slightly in favor of ROB if his defense is tight. Good ROBs will control the matchup with well spaced tilts, fairs, lasers and gyro blades (Down B) and he'll make you work hard for that grab. A lot of ROBs do not know how to gimp DDD's recovery and it's what makes this matchup slightly in favor for ROB.

I dont have too much problems with Olimar. That matchup is really tricky though and once you get more experience against the little guy, it's not bad at all. DDD's Dtilt and Ftilt are really effective in this matchup. You have to be good at PS and then releasing it into Tilts though. Often the Olimar player is spamming his over B and mixing it up with either grab or smash. Either way, you should buffer spot dodges into a move to play it safe and stay close and guess the attack correctly and PS -> Grab or tilt (depending on his position). If you get a grab off, Up throw and rack up the damage. Olimar has good aerials, but not a great aerial game. Yours is better and you want him there.

Edgeguarding Olimar is easy, but it tricky at first because good ones will stall with his down B which has some invincibility frames. Just be patient and how the timing when he's not invincibility and continue to knock him off and edgeguard.

You should love platform stages vs Olimar and you'll get several low percent KO's or Up Tilt scares from them. Of course, Olimar will continue to camp you and DDD can reduce that camping which the recommendations I prescribed above. Up Throw Olimar on stages like Battlefield and he should take a lot of damage. This matchup is at least 6-4 in DDD's favor if you consider all of the neutrals and counterpick levels.

Top Bottom