• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the greatest ever frontman/frontwoman in music?

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I was tempted to put "besides Jagger, obviously." at the end of the thread title, but decided against it.:chuckle:

Voice, lyrics, appearance, style, dance moves (!), charisma, how much personality they really put across on stage, all important factors I'd reckon. Is it possible to be a good frontman without great stage presence?

Cast thine votes.

Smash_Masta00

Smash Cadet
Well, from what I have seen (I haven't been to any concerts, sadly), my vote goes towards Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Freddie Mercury. I'm not normally one to call someone in music "the greatest ever" but he's the greatest ever.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Freddie Mercury
This. The only thing that has come close is Thom Yorke preforming Idioteque on SNL, but even that was like trying to compare a leaf to a forest.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
I think Mercury has won this competition -- but I'd like to vote for Les Claypool.

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he's the best, but David Randall Blythe, better known as Randy Blythe from Lamb of God, is quite the frontman... probably the best i've seen and also my favorite.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Greg Waters, of the (locally) famous Greg Waters Band.

Other than that...I'm not really sure. Maybe Billy Corgan? But only older, pre-Machina Billy Corgan. Nowadays he's just a poor, poor man who's trying to relive the past. But I tend to shy away from bands that have an easily identifiable frontman/woman, so my opinion is kind of moot.

Siddhartha Gautama

Smash Cadet
How is Jagger/Plant the greatest frontman? All Jagger does is dance around like a little girl and mess everything up. The Stones sound so much better when Jagger is done singing. Same with Led Zeppelin and Plant.

Just about any head Jazz musician. Davis, Rich, etc. All amazing frontmen who know how to lead their band members in the right direction.

Top Bottom