• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the easiest character to pick up?

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
I've decided to make this thread to see who everyone thinks to be the easiest character to pick up in Brawl and play seriously with. I've heard a lot of MK, but everyone has their own opinion as to who teaches the fundamentals the best. (I personally learned the most with Snake, especially DIing and DACUS.)

So, who do you think?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I pretty much have no problem picking up Fox and Marth the easiest. Must be due to Melee

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
High tiers generally are easier to get good with. But experience is something you can't just make up with character choice.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Higher tier characters tend to be more forgiving (if you make a mistake with MK, you're better off than someone who makes a mistake with a character that can easily be gimped), but aren't necessarily easy to learn. Like Ussi said, character choice doesn't replace experience.

ChuckHades

Smash Rookie
I've just said this in another thread, but basically everyone in Brawl is easily accessible bar a select few (IC's, Yoshi, Sheik, and maybe one or two others). Brawl is mostly based around mental strategies rather than tech skill, so you can be proficient with basically any character with ease. As people are saying though, pretty much any character in the top 10 is really easy to pick up. Snake is the exception to this (exlcuding IC's), because whilst his actual techniques are fairly simple, a lot of his game is based on concepts that are hard to convey to newer players (mindgames, stage control, and not getting gimped are far more important to someone like Snake than they are to a character like MK or Diddy for example).

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Diddy Kong (Learn to Gilde Toss and go on Autopilot for the win)
Falco (Chaingrabbing)
Mr. G&W (Key, Up B on Ground, Turtle, Fish Bowl, Smash Attack Spam)
Snake (Grenade Sheilding, DACUS, C4 Recovery, Tilts)

Osennecho

Smash Ace
It all depends on the level of play you want to get to. If you're picking it up for fun then whatever you want works. At a very low level of play Ike is even amazing, but the easiest is almost undoubtably kirby. At a slightly higher but still low level Marth is easy, but I'd say Kirby is still easiest. Going beyond that level they become absurdly hard to use. Just play MK I guess, but if you don't want to use him then I'd say Falco or Diddy Kong.

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
For me, it was Marth. His moves are good, and if you know about his tipper you'll be good in no time. He was easy to pick up in Melee too. I had a hard time to learn how to play Meta Knight, even though many players say that everyone can use him.

Priority Fire

Smash Rookie
Kirby, definitely. Once you stop spamming Rock Kirby's game becomes a lot more interesting, and he has fun grabs to work with, 5 jumps to help you maneuver in the air, dair to help you learn how to execute attacks with start-up lag, and an all-purpose move in his bair that can show you when to kill and when not to. To me, he's the perfect learning character.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
For me, It was Fox and Meta Knight. Funny, since I don't use ether.

Str4y

Smash Cadet
Hm... For me it was Lucas... But that is because I have been a ness player for some time. The ness in brawl didn't seem right to me so I picked him up.

Deadsh0t

Smash Rookie
You could obviously say Meta-Knight based on how ridiculously broken he is.

But I guess on a competitive level Falco.
Once you get down his laser game and learn even just the basics of his chaingrab he's an annoying adversary.
Not to mention he's got a strong aerial game, solid smashes, and fairly decent recovery options that anyone can pick up on really.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Marth is very difficult due to the fact that if you want to win you have to tipper his moves,there is no room for error with Marth.He also had a bad recovery.

MK has many different styles that is required in his playstyle,especially vs campers and being that he is very light with terrible air mobility.

Diddy is pretty easy since you can do many things out of his dash attack,and you can glide toss bananas all over the place.Diddy is one of the most frustrating characters,not to mention his fthrow and bthrow can put the enemy wherever did wants him.The bad thing is if he doesn't have his bananas by him it can spell disaster.

Olimar is pretty simple : camp and pivot grab.He has many options and can't be completely shutdown,he can juggle like nobody's business and his smashes are projectiles.His whistle is amazing as it gives you super armor allowing you to survive kill moves.His Pikmin have very strange abilities though,Purple is the most feared Pikmin.(Red = aerials) (Blue = fthrow or bthrow) (Yellow = stronger smashes) (White = fast and rack damage,throw or grab attack) (Purple = give hitstun,mow over,very strong smashes but less range).

Low tiers are not easy to pick up,as they are difficult to win with.

DDD can dthrow chain grab,with his amazing grab range and spam bair to keep them offstage.He does have a projectile and can last to godnasty percents.

Wario is fun,there is no certain way to play him - just don't get grabbed (air grab release sends Wario straight upwards so it's a free hit for the opponent).Also don't double jump too much,he has the best aerial mobility and his fsmash murders.Not to mention he has the strongest move (waft/fart) which kills extremely early by takes about 2 mins to charge.While he has his waft ready it puts extreme pressure on the opponent.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
The easiest character to pick up is Jigglypuff because she's the lightest :troll:

but seriously, Kirby or Marth.

Top Bottom