• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best Captain Falcon in PM?

KimSuhanmu

Smash Rookie
@ -Fatality- -Fatality- i don't know if this is the right place to ask... but do you ahve any tips for the GnW and squirtle matchups zzz so annoying i feel helpless

D

Deleted member

I'm working on it. I need to play a lot of better players in order to improve my skill, I also don't even own PM to begin with, so I can't even practice PM Falcon to be prepared with Brawl engine jank.

@ -Fatality- -Fatality- , come to Texas please ;~;

Last edited by a moderator:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DFW is getting a lot of Falcon interest it seems. Last time I went up there, saw 2-3 Falcon players I didn't know about already. You guys keep it up!

Edit:
@ -Fatality- -Fatality- i don't know if this is the right place to ask... but do you ahve any tips for the GnW and squirtle matchups zzz so annoying i feel helpless
Squirtle is a bad char to jump against basically. If you want to jump and do an aerial, the only things that make sense are stomp and Bair/Fair to go for silly trades. He's too low usually to approach, so you'll probably want to bait him into attacking first. Our punish game out of throws is very strong on Squirtle because of his weight/floatiness combination and due to his poor tech chase rolls. Most of this MU you'll be patiently readjusting your spacing, since we're not that great at dominating short, decently fast, decently mobile in the air characters

Last edited:

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I'm working on it. I need to play a lot of better players in order to improve my skill, I also don't even own PM to begin with, so I can't even practice PM Falcon to be prepared with Brawl engine jank.

@ -Fatality- -Fatality- , come to Texas please ;~;
I likely won't attend any particularly notable OOS events until Kumite in Tennessee and Apex 2015 in January, if you could show up to one of those, we could get some games in!

D

Deleted member

I likely won't attend any particularly notable OOS events until Kumite in Tennessee and Apex 2015 in January, if you could show up to one of those, we could get some games in!
Damn. Oh well.

I'd love to make it out to APEX and other various out of state tournaments, but being fifteen with no source of income, I really can't travel out of town to play vidja games lol

However, when I become Wizzrobe and sell my soul to E-Sports, I'll defintiely be at more out of state and southwest tournaments!

Last edited by a moderator:

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
To be honest, anyone can be the best C.F. main. Heck there was a tournament of just C.F. users in Melee. Although I forgot what the tournament was about

plernatious

Smash Cadet
I can't say that I'm the best Falcon (that's for the people to decided). But I'd argue that I'm at least a contender. I have a vast amount of MU knowledge of the Brawl characters that other Melee Falcons who are far better than me in Melee don't have and I tend to do better than or as well as them in said MUs than they do aside from people like Hax or Mango who rarely play the game. But I don't have much footage to prove that other than ****ty wi-fi replays that no one cares about and tourney footage that Smash Studios never wants to upload to YT or forgets to permanently archive on their Twitch channel.
This guy kicked my ass, granted I'm not the best at pm but I'm definitely not bad.

And he made me look like a 12 year old who got the game that day. He's probably one of the best Falcons I've seen.

Styro

Smash Rookie
I definitely think that Fatality is the best PM falcon. The melee pros are all awesome, but I feel like Fatality uses all of Falcon's tools well, while the melee pros mainly stick to melee Falcon. Another great player to check out is Darc.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Mediocre at best is a running joke for a few select people in socal. Like im impressed / impressive butttttt ill tease you and say its mediocre at best ;) I call myself mediocre at best all the time :p.

I respect Filthy and actually like him a lot as a player and person. Despite him being one those PM falcon noobs who Taunts at every knee they get looooooool.

Feel free to ask Jeff about Hairynipple's (Venom) falcon tho ^_-

was super inactive before paragon. First 3.6 event I went to was the balcony the thur before Paragon 2 days before lol.

Im starting to lab up my falcon and get faster again / learn some MUs better and start putting on a show with the captain as best as I can <3

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll probably have something from TLOC 1K event this weekend

Edit: got 9th, did ok for lack of practice. Have some pool matches and 1 bracket match I lose. None on stream, separate recording setup. I lost some my punish game from flubs and slow finger movements. 80% of sets were 2-1, less dominant wins

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably have something from TLOC 1K event this weekend

Edit: got 9th, did ok for lack of practice. Have some pool matches and 1 bracket match I lose. None on stream, separate recording setup. I lost some my punish game from flubs and slow finger movements. 80% of sets were 2-1, less dominant wins
Still waiting ....

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oops, I posted them in the Falcon skype group. Figured they got posted here too. Mild disclaimer: Later matches started to have freezing or skipping (with audio still playing fine). Some of these will probably have minor issues but still very watchable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x72jM_3drAE Me vs Fury (I have to play him all the time in local events for WF and GF, and he ended up in my pool lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0wibZJlj3M - Me vs Infinity (I missed a lot from flubs and Uthrow platform impatience, but should give people ideas on mitigating MK even on small stages since I allowed WL (hold down/SDI down and tech platforms to escape a lot of BS)

(the rest are other Falcon's at the event, quite a few were in pools or got matches on the side recording setup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJPTi-bZoO8 - Fury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-n9zPooMD8 - Frosti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpHBn9LzaA - Frosti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvfwemotYQE - Frosti? (Pretty sure this is Frosti, we didn't label people immediately while recording so Shokio had to guess on some)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfR9gwizBw - Youngblood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_s2WAis5Uo - Brother Rob

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Oops, I posted them in the Falcon skype group. Figured they got posted here too. Mild disclaimer: Later matches started to have freezing or skipping (with audio still playing fine). Some of these will probably have minor issues but still very watchable
Cool stuff DMG :)

Brisk187

Smash Rookie
Venom just won Soiree Du Smash which was stacked as hell (IPK, Jason Waterfalls, Machiavelli). I'll certainly be examining those VODs. Good job man.

Zmorris94

Smash Cadet
I believe Venom and Filthy Casual got to play a bit before Final Boss and Venom won the majority of the games between them

Brisk187

Smash Rookie
Venom is now the premier PM Falcon main. Getting second at Supernova was damn impressive.
Now keep traveling around so you can continue improving.

Top Bottom