• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best Captain Falcon in PM?

GeZ

Smash Lord
As for videos, the newest footage I see is him in tournament at a Xanadu weekly against K9, the Meta Knight who got 2nd in PM Showdown (losing to Zero's Pit). It's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TgHI4IKJj8

It's a money match after Remo put K9 out of the tournament, if I read the announcers right; I wasn't at that one.
I don't know if I'm missing something but I don't get what you mean by saying
I've never seen a Falcon like that in *any* Smash, Melee or PM.
he seems to play pretty standard. Like, It looks like he just plays super cookie cutter. Not bad, but just regularly consistent. Fatality on the other hand stomps like ****, and Strawhat reads like a librarian.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I'm missing something but I don't get what you mean by saying
he seems to play pretty standard. Like, It looks like he just plays super cookie cutter. Not bad, but just regularly consistent. Fatality on the other hand stomps like ****, and Strawhat reads like a librarian.
Umm...well, i have a library card, not sure if that counts. Lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hax is the best by like a 2 tier margin. If we're not counting Hax, then it's highly up for debate

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I don't think Hax should be included, though if he was, I'd agree that he's the best. Afaik Hax literally doesn't play PM at all, or Falcon anymore.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno how much PM he plays, but from what I understand he goes 100% Falcon whenever he does. Probably doesn't want to throw off his Fox, since PM Fox is more forgiving on execution

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Hax hates PM. I know because I played him (he was using Fox believe it or not) and Wizzrobe in doubles at zenith, and I was like, "Do you even like Fox in PM?" and he was like "No I hate PM. I'm only playing because Wizzrobe's partner bailed." I also heard by word of mouth that Darkrain doesn't like PM Falcon, don't know how he feels about PM in general though.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Yeah, it's pretty clear at this point that Hax is not a contender for top Falcon in P:M due to inactivity and general disinterest in even playing the game at all.

Last edited:

SupremoRemo

Smash Cadet

SupremoRemo

Smash Cadet
I mean no offense to you man. You're definitely a good player, with a really sweet Falcon, I just can't really see you being better than Fatality :T Soooooorrryyyyy
Haha no offense taken man. Still trying to get better!
Thanks for the compliment though.

P-chan

Smash Rookie
Thumbswayup is pretty good, he went to xanadu one week and played with some style

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Fatty has the best Falcon. He's the only Falcon that can beat me now...sometimes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd probably nominate Filthy Casual for best/2nd best Falcon. He had that old school swagger with Falcon, where you relentlessly beat the opponent to a pulp and they die. I'm hoping some of his LTC matches were recorded, because besides the loss to SS (oli) his matches were incredible. Heck even that match was pretty good

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Being #1 on that thread doesn't make you #1. The Falcon instincts in me tell me that the 3 listed aren't actually the top we have to offer for the character (even tossing away Hax or other possible players). They could start off by putting Filthy Casual/Neil on there, and I think a lot of people who were at LTC a bit back that saw him would agree. Stuff like that is why I don't take these spots to mean much.

I appreciate the effort CF mains put in, but I would not take those spots (or a lack of being on there) to mean literally anything. At all.

Last edited:

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Being #1 on that thread doesn't make you #1. The Falcon instincts in me tell me that the 3 listed aren't actually the top we have to offer for the character (even tossing away Hax or other possible players). They could start off by putting Filthy Casual/Neil on there, and I think a lot of people who were at LTC a bit back that saw him would agree. Stuff like that is why I don't take these spots to mean much.

I appreciate the effort CF mains put in, but I would not take those spots (or a lack of being on there) to mean literally anything. At all.
I agree, I'm probably the most skilled Falcon, but I have little footage, and most of it is from tourneys that receive very little publicity. Even if I'm the only one that thinks it, putting in hard work and seeing results is enough of a reward for me.
I'm attending a regional this Saturday, and Tipped Off 10, a National, on the 20th-21st, I'll have some up-to-date footage then.
I'll be super serious and try hard mode for Tipped Off 10, I hope to put on a good showcase for Falcon there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
darkrain sent me to losers this weekend with Falcon, but I still won GFs. His Falcon is just as scary in this game as it is in Melee.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah, and he would never make the top 3 list at the current pace because he either isn't nominated a ton, doesn't have a ton of vids, or xyz factor that's way off tangent from his actual skill with the char. That makes it hard to accept the lists (for prob half the chars)

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Last time I tried to bring that up in the threads though I got ridiculed, so bringing this up to them isn't advisable, as they will get dumb salty.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I beat Fatality in a bo5 falcon ditto recently, and I don't play this game.
Yeah, you're really legit, I was trying to be stylish for the crowd way too much in our set, and you were way too good for that to work. As an aside, you highlighted a lot of my flaws as a player at the time, and I've become a vastly better player since we played, partly because of our set, thanks man!

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Yeah, you're really legit, I was trying to be stylish for the crowd way too much in our set, and you were way too good for that to work. As an aside, you highlighted a lot of my flaws as a player at the time, and I've become a vastly better player since we played, partly because of our set, thanks man!
those are the words of true respect I love it. I wish I get to play on you guys someday.

SupremoRemo

Smash Cadet
I agree, I'm probably the most skilled Falcon, but I have little footage, and most of it is from tourneys that receive very little publicity. Even if I'm the only one that thinks it, putting in hard work and seeing results is enough of a reward for me.
I'm attending a regional this Saturday, and Tipped Off 10, a National, on the 20th-21st, I'll have some up-to-date footage then.
I'll be super serious and try hard mode for Tipped Off 10, I hope to put on a good showcase for Falcon there.
I was honestly surprised when I saw that I was rank one on that thread. A friend sent that to me and I thought it was pretty cool; not even sure how legit that thread even is! I do agree that from out of the falcon footage I have seen for PM, you (fatality) definitely show to be the most skilled I have seen and have been learning new things from you; after you get more footage it will be no surprise to see you number one instead haha.
It will also be awhile until I visit another Xanadu or regional tournament, so my rank should go down over time; although we will be hosting some locals over here in Salisbury soon!

Good discussion going on here and a lot of respect for you all as players! Love the enthusiasm and looking forward to more competitive gameplay as time goes on :)

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I was honestly surprised when I saw that I was rank one on that thread. A friend sent that to me and I thought it was pretty cool; not even sure how legit that thread even is! I do agree that from out of the falcon footage I have seen for PM, you (fatality) definitely show to be the most skilled I have seen and have been learning new things from you; after you get more footage it will be no surprise to see you number one instead haha.
It will also be awhile until I visit another Xanadu or regional tournament, so my rank should go down over time; although we will be hosting some locals over here in Salisbury soon!

Good discussion going on here and a lot of respect for you all as players! Love the enthusiasm and looking forward to more competitive gameplay as time goes on :)
Best of luck with the Salisbury locals, it's nice to actually see a Falcon accomplishing things in PM, not many around.

About that "regional" I was going to attend, all the good OOS people flaked last minute, a lot of locals flaked, and the guy who was going to stream it flaked too, no footage makes me sad. >_<
Still, it ended up being a 40 man local instead, and I won Doubles and Singles, so not the worst outcome.
Once I know what particular stream at Tipped Off 10 will be for PM, I'll share the link in the Falcon Social thread if any of you want to watch my Falcon fight against extremely high level players.

Last edited:

SupremoRemo

Smash Cadet
Best of luck with the Salisbury locals, it's nice to actually see a Falcon accomplishing things in PM, not many around.

About that "regional" I was going to attend, all the good OOS people flaked last minute, a lot of locals flaked, and the guy who was going to stream it flaked too, no footage makes me sad. >_<
Still, it ended up being a 40 man local instead, and I won Doubles and Singles, so not the worst outcome.
Once I know what particular stream at Tipped Off 10 will be for PM, I'll share the link in the Falcon Social thread if any of you want to watch my Falcon fight against extremely high level players.
Dang man that's unfortunate no footage was recorded but def put up some videos whenever new ones come up! Looking forward to those and any others people have to offer!

D

Deleted member

Hopefully me soon.

ye

Last edited by a moderator:

FalconAnon

Smash Rookie
I have seen Fatality play and can confirm that he is vastly overrating himself

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I have seen Fatality play and can confirm that he is vastly overrating himself
Out of curiousity, when have we been at the same tournament?
Also, how do I fail to live up to my opinions? I'm genuinely curious about your answer, as if you can see obvious flaws in me as a player, then that's one more thing to add to my self-improvement list, and I can become a better player.

FalconAnon

Smash Rookie
Out of curiousity, when have we been at the same tournament?
Also, how do I fail to live up to my opinions? I'm genuinely curious about your answer, as if you can see obvious flaws in me as a player, then that's one more thing to add to my self-improvement list, and I can become a better player.
I've been to an MN tourney you were at and watched many of your sets.

You fail to live up to your opinion as the best PM Falcon because you lost to Minnesota, historically not a strong region, whereas Falcon players like Remo take sets off of players like K9, who is a top Meta Knight player.

That is not to say you aren't skilled, I watched your sets as they happened and saw good stuff, good use of PM tech that Falcon does not have in Melee, consistent tech skill, good decision making, etc. But you are by no means the best Falcon in PM. I don't think that title belongs to anyone right now since there are not many highly skilled PM Falcon players, and none with consistent results and wins over top level players.

If you have such results you can point me to, please do and I will gladly revise my opinion.

Met

Smash Ace
fatality if you ever make it up to VA then maybe we can play. g-regs falcon is real sick in pm alot of solid falcon players in VA and VA is a real good region.

Also MM me falcon ditto

Last edited:

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I've been to an MN tourney you were at and watched many of your sets.

You fail to live up to your opinion as the best PM Falcon because you lost to Minnesota, historically not a strong region, whereas Falcon players like Remo take sets off of players like K9, who is a top Meta Knight player.

That is not to say you aren't skilled, I watched your sets as they happened and saw good stuff, good use of PM tech that Falcon does not have in Melee, consistent tech skill, good decision making, etc. But you are by no means the best Falcon in PM. I don't think that title belongs to anyone right now since there are not many highly skilled PM Falcon players, and none with consistent results and wins over top level players.

If you have such results you can point me to, please do and I will gladly revise my opinion.
Makes sense, I'd say you're at least half right on this. Believe it or not, ever since that tournament, even though it was only a few months ago, I've vastly improved as a player, to the point where my gameplay today is unrecognizable from back then.
I was definitely undeserving of the title back then, now though with how much I've grown, I might be there.
I'm attending a National this Saturday with lots of top players, so now I have a chance to show the world just how far I've come. Should be pretty enlightening, for better or worse.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
fatality if you ever make it up to VA then maybe we can play. g-regs falcon is real sick in pm alot of solid falcon players in VA and VA is a real good region.

Also MM me falcon ditto
If we're ever at the same tourney, I'd happily MM you :) I plan to go to Apex (if they have PM), so maybe we can play there!

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Fatality made 7th at tipped off 10 if I remember right, had friendlies against him for a while, best falcon I have played against and saw him beating master raven and prof in a mm and pools respectively.

Top Bottom