• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think the next character appearing on the site will be?

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'm guessing there are going to be a few more veteran fighters before a newcomer is revealed.

My guess is that veterans will be released in clumps before a newcomer.
Yoshi, Peach, Meta Knight, Zelda and Ice Climbers.

Then perhaps a new version of Pikmin and Olimar. Maybe not even having Olimar, but one of the new characters from Pikmin 3. Also incorporating the flying and rock Pikmin into the Pikmin chain.

And then Little Mac.

Luigi, Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Wario, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer the next clump

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
My assumption would be Yoshi. One of the original starting characters, he should be the next character on the upcoming roster. Although, I can be wrong. =P

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yoshi, Zelda, Peach, Marth or Olimar.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
My assumption would be Yoshi. One of the original starting characters, he should be the next character on the upcoming roster. Although, I can be wrong. =P

He seems like the most likely.
The only one of the original 8 characters from Smash Bros not included in the E3 video.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yoshi or a Melee veteran. Love it to be a new one though.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Most likely gonna get a new WFT video utilizing Wario, confirming him as a veteran. Maybe have it include Yoshi too cause hes fat as well.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Most likely gonna get a new WFT video utilizing Wario, confirming him as a veteran. Maybe have it include Yoshi too cause hes fat as well.
Are you still not convinced Wario is making it back in?

Anyway, I'm going with Yoshi. If not him then Zelda.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Yoshi/Falcon/Luigi/Ness/Jiggs has the highest chance, being veterans and all.

How did you all forget Captain Falcon?????

splat

Smash Lord
I was talking about this with my younger brother about this the other day - he's assuming Yoshi is the first to be announced, I'm putting my money on Little Mac.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The first newcomer revealed will probably be Little Mac. I don't think there will be a first character per se. I think most veterans will be revealed in groups. Yoshi and Marth, I think, will be included in the first group.

ApatheticToaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
ApatheticToaster
I honestly think that we haven't seen a Yoshi announcement yet because it will be the Yoshi from the new Yoshi's Island game for the 3DS. It would be pretty interesting to see Yoshi fighting with a baby Mario on their back. I am just hoping that Ness will be there. The Villager looks cool and all but I would still like to see Ness in the fray.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I honestly think that we haven't seen a Yoshi announcement yet because it will be the Yoshi from the new Yoshi's Island game for the 3DS. It would be pretty interesting to see Yoshi fighting with a baby Mario on their back. I am just hoping that Ness will be there. The Villager looks cool and all but I would still like to see Ness in the fray.

I've wanted that Baby Mario/Yoshi combo for a while now.

It could be an interesting way to revamp his character.
Many unique moves can be used by those two.

Even if Baby Mario doesn't do much it would be a cool addition.
Getting hit enough could knock Baby Mario off into a bubble and Yoshi would have to chase around to pop him.
Yoshi would become weaker without Baby Mario on his back

Give him a more Yoshi's Island style egg throw, give him some flutter jumps, his side b could incorporate Baby Mario somehow, normal b can be used on items/characters and then be thrown with his up b. his down b is perfect though

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would say for a while now we're just going to be getting returning characters. I do hope they start updating the page more while the snapshots are cool and all they're just snapshots though the one today was pretty funny. I'll place my bets on Yoshi as well for the next reveal.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I definitely don't think Yoshi will be paired with Baby Mario. It would take away from those who only want to play as Yoshi. It also doesn't represent Yoshi as a whole. It ties him down to a mechanic that appears in specific games. None of the characters in Smash have ever been tied down in that way, unless that specific game was their only game. Mario, for example, isn't tied down to FLUDD because there have been many Mario games where he doesn't use FLUDD. There have also been many games Yoshi's appeared in where he isn't carrying a baby.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I'm thinking Yoshi will be the next character. Then more veterans to come after that. We probably won't see a newcomer until perhaps September. I know Sakurai said he wouldn't but I still hope he adds captions or some other feature on the smash website. Pictures can be quite.....boring. I want something that will leave me thinking in suspense and will have me even more hyped for this game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yoshi is pretty much a given. Other than him, maybe Marth. Or Ness. Or Captain Falcon. Could also expect the likes of Diddy, MetaKnight, Wario or Mr.Game & Watch.

As for newcomers, I think Chrom and Little Mac are probably the likeliest at this point with 2 stages strongly hinting their inclusion.

ApatheticToaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
ApatheticToaster
I definitely don't think Yoshi will be paired with Baby Mario. It would take away from those who only want to play as Yoshi. It also doesn't represent Yoshi as a whole. It ties him down to a mechanic that appears in specific games. None of the characters in Smash have ever been tied down in that way, unless that specific game was their only game. Mario, for example, isn't tied down to FLUDD because there have been many Mario games where he doesn't use FLUDD. There have also been many games Yoshi's appeared in where he isn't carrying a baby.

It would just be a different style of movesets. I could see them being the same, just functioning differently with Baby Mario. In the same way that Pit's moves reflect those in Kid Icarus Uprising and Link's moves that will probably be modified to resemble those in Skyward Sword rather than that of Twilight Princess. It'll still be Yoshi, just the Yoshi from the newest Yoshi game. This is a very common thing to do in SSB and I don't see why they wouldn't want to put it as a mechanic since it adds awareness to the new Yoshi game along with being the most familiar representation of Yoshi to the new players. The only problem I see it having is the hitboxes really, but the old moves can still stay generally intact. Just because Baby Mario would provide a new element to Yoshi's character I don't see it compromising the character.

If you are making the argument that Yoshi would be tied down to Baby Mario then would you see a problem with Baby Mario appearing for only a specific move in the same way FLUDD appeared for Mario?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon. They'll need somebody to get the hype generated anew as they prepare to roll out more regular releases. Who better to do that than Falcon?

That said, we may well be seeing monthly unveils in Directs rather than the traditional Dojo updates.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yoshi of course. After that it would be Peach, Zelda, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight and Wario.

As for newcomers, probably Little Mac.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Yoshi seems to be the consensus.

I think Ness if that screen shot from the trailer iss real might be coming up soon too as a returning character since people may realize he was accidentally leaked.

And with the boxing ring, Litte Mac would also seem an obvious choice to announce soon, if that is indeed his ring.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I hope they decide some kind of tempo in which they reveal characters. Like once every two weeks, veteran or no veteran. Just so we have something to look forward to all up to release.

Takunai

Smash Rookie
Quick question, but why does everyone think that little mac is coming? I just find him as a odd choice.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The next newcomers are probably gonna be Little Mac and/0r Pac-Man.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Quick question, but why does everyone think that little mac is coming? I just find him as a odd choice.
Odd choice? He's the main character of the one classic series Ninty has left, which recently became relevant again with Punch-Out!! Wii. He's pretty much a shoe-in.

Also, there's the fact the Boxing Ring stage is clearly a Punch-Out!! stage.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Odd choice? He's the main character of the one classic series Ninty has left, which recently became relevant again with Punch-Out!! Wii. He's pretty much a shoe-in.

Also, there's the fact the Boxing Ring stage is clearly a Punch-Out!! stage.

Plus come on do you not remember his assist trophy he looked good enough to be a character right then and there. As soon as I seen him pop out I was like damn I want Little Mac to be an actual character.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings

He'd be a great choice for a fighting game.
He was practically already a character in Brawl with his assist trophy.
Watch him move, he has a clear up b, double jump and two other special moves.
Would be easy to make, and a great addition to add another retro representative.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hes not really relevent anymore to me.

What in the **** is up with that? Them is fighting words. :evil:

Anyway, on topic, I'm betting the first couple of Veterans will be Yoshi and Diddy or Meta Knight. The first Newcomer will be Little Mac.

The answer to that is a few things:

1. He comes from a very popular series, especially in the West. (He's not a Retro, don't let anyone tell you that.)
2. He's an incredibly popular character
3. (Perhaps the most important) A Punch-Out!! stage has already been shown. Down to very fine detail, the Boxing Ring is a Punch-Out!! stage. That basically confirms Mac, and I'd expect Sakurai to show a popular newcomer before another odd one.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
I'm guessing that Little Mac or maybe the new Fire Emblem rep will be the next newcomer announced on the site, and either Yoshi, Wario, Peach, Diddy, Zelda, Dedede, or Meta Knight would probably be the next veteran announced. They'll either be announced separately in trailers where new moves and stuff are shown off, or if there's really no change, then they'll probably be announced in a group just like the reveal trailer.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that Little Mac or maybe the new Fire Emblem rep will be the next newcomer announced on the site, and either Yoshi, Wario, Peach, Diddy, Zelda, Dedede, or Meta Knight would probably be the next veteran announced. They'll either be announced separately in trailers where new moves and stuff are shown off, or if there's really no change, then they'll probably be announced in a group just like the reveal trailer.
Fire emblem rep as next announced new comer is something I believe as well. I mean he was last time... and well I don't know it just seems to make a certain kind of sense.

Top Bottom