• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think the character reveal for November will be?

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
So for the past two months we've technically had 2 reveals a month. Peach and Tink, then Sonic and yes I'm counting male fit trainer as a 'character announcement'

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I think this will be the same thing that happened in September. We got two characters revealed. Peach (Random character) and Toon Link (Zelda Wind Waker HD)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think this will be the same thing that happened in September. We got two characters revealed. Peach (Random character) and Toon Link (Zelda Wind Waker HD)
Only Peach wasn't random. She was revealed to coincide with the anniversary of SMB.

Marth has so far been the only character revealed with no true reasoning besides "Let's show off Marth"!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Only Peach wasn't random. She was revealed to coincide with the anniversary of SMB.

Marth has so far been the only character revealed with no true reasoning besides "Let's show off Marth"!
Well this week included Fire Emblem's 10th anniversary for being released in the West for the first time

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Assuming Sakurai will want to advertise The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, I fancy Zelda might be revealed later this month. If not this month, then maybe December. [Shrugs] That being said, you never know what will come next; the latest character reveal pretty much confirms that.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Assuming Sakurai will want to advertise The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, I fancy Zelda might be revealed later this month. If not this month, then maybe December. [Shrugs] That being said, you never know what will come next; the latest character reveal pretty much confirms that.

Well this week included Fire Emblem's 10th anniversary for being released in the West for the first time

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
"Don't forget, the first episode of Pokémon Origins is coming to Pokémon TV on November 15! Who's planning to watch?"- from Pokemon's fb page
Being that the Pokemon Trainer from Origins is basically the same one as in Brawl, what do you think of a PT reveal for the US Release of the new series?

splat

Smash Lord
Being that the Pokemon Trainer from Origins is basically the same one as in Brawl, what do you think of a PT reveal for the US Release of the new series?
It's not the same character though. If it were, Brawl's Pokemon Trainer would've been called Red like the character from the Kanto games (and, by extension, Origins). Origins' main character only has Charizard, not any of the other starters while Pokemon Trainer does. Origin's Red starts out with Charmander, Brawl's Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle.
I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking, but there's tons of characters that are similar to each other in the Pokemon games, but each of them is different: there's Red from the games, Red from Origins, Red from the manga (there's even a few different.. Reds(?) in the manga), there's Ash and finally Brawl's Pokemon Trainers. All of them can be considered counterparts with similiar traits, but none of them are the same character.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Oh my goodness.... I just realized something that I had never considered....

We could get a character reveal on Monday! Because it's VETERANS DAY. :lol:
Today's pic was the Capsule item. Looks like we DID get a veteran reveal today, after all! (gets shot)

Morbi

Scavenger
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! No. Just no. Learn the Pokemons and then come back, they are NOT the same person by any stretch of your fallacious imagination. That is just disrespectful.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! No. Just no. Learn the Pokemons and then come back, they are NOT the same person by any stretch of your fallacious imagination. That is just disrespectful.
Wait... you think it's disrespectful, but you liked it? Did you like its disrespectfulness? I'M SO CONFUSED!!! :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Red is Red as far as I see it, it's just that Sakurai either goofed the name, or he intentionally left it vague for the general crowd to understand it.

As for a Pokémon Trainer reveal on Origins' American release, seems a bit early since we just got Marth, and probably Zelda coming up too, but I'd love it A LOT.

Morbi

Scavenger
Red is Red as far as I see it, it's just that Sakurai either goofed the name, or he intentionally left it vague for the general crowd to understand it.

As for a Pokémon Trainer reveal on Origins' American release, seems a bit early since we just got Marth, and probably Zelda coming up too, but I'd love it A LOT.
If we do get a Pokemon Trainer reveal, I think it will be during Pokemon's Anniversary in February. I have heard that Sakurai named Red, Pokemon Trainer, to make him the universal interpretation of Pokemon. Ideally, he represents every player and the very essence of Pokemon. I think it is BS, but that is what everyone says.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If we do get a Pokemon Trainer reveal, I think it will be during Pokemon's Anniversary in February. I have heard that Sakurai named Red, Pokemon Trainer, to make him the universal interpretation of Pokemon. Ideally, he represents every player and the very essence of Pokemon. I think it is BS, but that is what everyone says.
Early February at least has Diddy Kong to look forward to with Tropical Freeze (I think it's released early at least?), so a late February reveal ( the 27th was when Red & Green was released in Japan) for Pokémon Trainer isn't out of question.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmm... Maybe I can make this idea into a thread. You know, predict, if advertised, what the links at the bottom will be. You think I should?
It is up to you, man. I don't think it has been done. It does seem a little redundant because we already have similar threads. I mean, Marth linked to the FE Awakening site didn't he? So I assume every reveal would link to something.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It is up to you, man. I don't think it has been done. It does seem a little redundant because we already have similar threads. I mean, Marth linked to the FE Awakening site didn't he? So I assume every reveal would link to something.
True. Ah well, I wasn't going to do it anytime soon.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Interesting, A Link Between Worlds comes out on Friday the 22nd..and to me that is a fine day to confirm Zelda or Ganondorf to raise hype over the weekend. But knowing Sakurai there's a fair chance he'll go against that logic and just announce Zelda or Ganondorf on a random day sometime after the release, like Peach.

Morbi

Scavenger
Interesting, A Link Between Worlds comes out on Friday the 22nd..and to me that is a fine day to confirm Zelda or Ganondorf to raise hype over the weekend. But knowing Sakurai there's a fair chance he'll go against that logic and just announce Zelda or Ganondorf on a random day sometime after the release, like Peach.
Peach had a correlation with the Mario anniversary. She wasn't "late". Pokemon... yeah... that reveal is going to be a little late. :p

Ascended

Smash Ace
November 22nd has three big games coming out:

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Party: Island Tour
A Link Between Worlds

So we could see a Mario newcomer, a Zelda character, or something totally unrelated to these releases.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im still waiting, november 15, friday, diddy/dixie or both (both characters or alt costume)

Top Bottom