• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think should I choose? Marth or Fox?

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I've been using Marth for 4 months now and I think it's pretty decent. It was improving quickly, until I started using Fox. I like Fox because he's quick and requires a lot of skill. I like to use Marth because his sword is awesome. I can't use more than one character because my mind is always stuck in the current character I'm using, and if I pick someone else I'll suck, unless I practice with it a lot, but then my previous character will suck! My Fox is near decency, but not quite there yet, or at tournament level. I can waveshine, drillshine, etc with Fox, but I can't seem to get the basics down. With my Marth, my techs are topnotch, but Marth gets boring to use sometimes, and then I start using other character for the fun!

What do you think I should do?

A- Choose another character besides Fox and Marth
B- Use Marth
C- Use Fox
D- Use both

I need help!

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Personally...I would use both. Follow in Ken's footsteps :p. I use both Marth and Falco, and their both pretty much on par with each other (I think my Falco is slightly better right now).

Marth is awesome because of...well...everything. The only problem is...Shiek (that *****). Which is why you use Fox as a secondary :p because Fox can **** Shiek.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I agree that it's good to use two characters instead of one. But it's hard practicing with both, you know? Tips? Anyone?

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I would just use Marth. There are too many Fox users already.

And if you're having problems with Sheik, just do what I do and pick up Ice Climbers as your second character.

Roman.

Smash Champion
If marth is boring then just forget about him. You'll probobly win with fox more anyways and you'll be having more fun. Plus you'll be kept very busy for he is quite difficult to master. If eventually you figure out that fox just isn't your size condom, switch back to marth or better yet.... play all of the characters, give them all a chance and..... you don't even need to pick one for a main. Just have some fun man for it's not what ***** your ****ing but how she wiggles her *** (sorry for the profanity SWF but it's meant to be a metaphore). Good luck.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
That's a really weird metaphor.

Anyway, you should probably pick up both since they complement each other pretty well. Marth is weak to Sheik and strong against Falco, Fox is weak to Falco and Marth and is strong against Sheik, so it all evens out.

emanon

Smash Rookie
That's a really weird metaphor.

Anyway, you should probably pick up both since they complement each other pretty well. Marth is weak to Sheik and strong against Falco, Fox is weak to Falco and Marth and is strong against Sheik, so it all evens out.
you just said marth is weak to sheik and then at the end said marth is strong against sheik...

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Erm. It's like.

Marth is (weak to Sheik) and (strong against Falco), Fox is (weak to Falco and Marth) and is (strong against Sheik)...

I think you missed an "and".

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Um definitely pick both, but not for character matchups. If u practice enough with one character, then the matchups wont matter. I use fox falco and marth. People say falco beats fox and thats one of my fave matchups. My marth does best against other marth's and sheiks. Its not about matchups its about your style. MY style does well against sheiks, so i dont use fox as a sheik counter, but as a started because im more comfortable with him. My falco doesnt mind any matchup. I would say find out which of your charactes does well against who with your specific style, and then build from there. Its all personal and to prove it, i see Ken pick marth against sheiks and win almost everytime, but sometimes he counter picks fox against other fox's. i would go with choose both, and dont do everything by the chart when it comes to matchups. Also watch azen, ken, and m2k vs. sheik with marth if u need help with that matchup =)

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
Use both. I too am a marth/falco. when i get way too good for my training partner or i get bored with one i go to the other.

Also listen to drugged fox. i hate marth on marth so falco is good there.

mostly i think taking a second character is for breaking the monotany and matchups you fear.

flaco and marth are getting boring now... im getting a luigi now=)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Actually, I'm pretty sure Sheik beats Marth regardless of your playstyle. It's more physics than anything. It's not insurmountable, though. M2K manages to kill Sheiks with his Marth, anyway...

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, as a Marth, Sheik is definitely your worst match. So, if you're going to pick up another character, it might as well be one that can beat Sheik more easily.

Again, I suggest the unbeatable Ice Climbers, but if you enjoy characters that, you know, win more often, I suggest Fox.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I still stand by the fact that its an even match at higher lvl play. If she tries an aerial approach u can just up tilt her. A ground approach? Well u have a big *** sword so as long as u play smart then sheiks should not be a problem. Sure use both, but even G-regulate said "Dont worry about character matchups, just worry about getting good with your best character". So id take his word for it if u dont want mine :p

Top Bottom