• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think are pichu's easiest and hardest matchups?

Smash Apprentice
The thread title says it all. For me, Mewtwo and Bowser are the easiest.
The hardest are............ probably any top or high tier character.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Pichu's easiest match-up is Pichu.
Everyone else is his most difficult matchup.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I find fastfallers to be the easiest matchup. **** combos on fastfallers. Other easy matchups are large characters like Link, M2, Ganon, DK, etc.

I'd say the hardest are Marth , Peach, and Samus. Marth because of his range and priority, and Samus/peach because they have good CC, and they're floaty which makes them hard to combo.

Pichu also seems to be a Roy counter >_>. I've never lost to a Roy with Pichu and i've played the matchup a ton.

T0MMY

Smash Master
You really should play against something other than a lvl 1 CPU Roy.
Agree with Samus & Peach.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
You really should play against something other than a lvl 1 CPU Roy.
lol I've played against actual Roy players who are good at Roy :laugh: including the best player in MN who also happens to have an excellent Roy.

lol no wonder this board is dead, so many harsh comments >_>

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fast disjointed hit boxes destroy pichu. aside from that not too much. roy, marth, ylink, and ness give me some problems if they know how to space well.

easiest, large characters, bowser gannondorf DK, you can combo them so easy into up smashes and thet are crazy easy to edge gaurd.

I'd say fast fallers but... shine is too good. Cfalc is too fast.

T0MMY

Smash Master
We're not harsh, it's because Pichu is so terrible our honesty comes off being harsh.
These boards are dead not because of harshness, but because nobody plays Pichu because Pichu a joke character.
Just Roy's grab range by itself beats out every attack Pichu has. Because he has the range he can grab him and from there d-throw means he will chaingrab, of if you DI away so he can't he will F-smash and kill you at 20% on Yoshi's Story or worse yet, KO you at 0% with a reverse blazer. Now, take into account that all his attacks out prioritize you and kill you at low damage and he's a lot heaver and faster and has opposable thumbs and you can understand why I don't think you play very good Roys if you think it's a good matchup for Pichu.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
pichu's hardest matchup is probably shiek due to the chain garbs. then, marth's disjointed sword terrifies pichu's worst-range-in-the-game moveset. other than that, i think her difficult matchups roughly correspond to the tier list, so this is kind of pointless. i'd just avoid playing shieks or marths, master your fast faller comboes, and then go from there.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
We're not harsh, it's because Pichu is so terrible our honesty comes off being harsh.
These boards are dead not because of harshness, but because nobody plays Pichu because Pichu a joke character.
Just Roy's grab range by itself beats out every attack Pichu has. Because he has the range he can grab him and from there d-throw means he will chaingrab, of if you DI away so he can't he will F-smash and kill you at 20% on Yoshi's Story or worse yet, KO you at 0% with a reverse blazer. Now, take into account that all his attacks out prioritize you and kill you at low damage and he's a lot heaver and faster and has opposable thumbs and you can understand why I don't think you play very good Roys if you think it's a good matchup for Pichu.
if pichu had opposable thumbs he would have a sword much cooler than roy's. my least favorite matchups with pichu (i'm not a huge pichu player but i like him a lot in friendlies) are pikachu, sheik (rofl...my main), and good ganondorfs. and obviously swordsmen. blah.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
if pichu had opposable thumbs he would have a sword much cooler than roy's. my least favorite matchups with pichu (i'm not a huge pichu player but i like him a lot in friendlies) are pikachu, sheik (rofl...my main), and good ganondorfs. and obviously swordsmen. blah.
Dash dance out of fair range run back in duck the jab, Dtilt. Hazy... We need to play before you leave :(

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Hardest - Falco
Easiest - mewtwo

There is a reason those two are at the top and bottom of the tier list.

And I say falco because He can down-throw chain grab Pichu, like fox, but the case with this is Pichu can't shine, meaning Pichu can't get out of it. and after like 60% a good bair kills Pichu.

T0MMY

Smash Master
LOL @ everyone coming up with why every character destroys Pichu and then saying Pichu is his best matchup.
All characters minus Pichu = destroys Pichu... why isn't the tier list updated to have Pichu on the bottom of the "joke-tier" list?

Taj: I'm going to go watch your vid now because you=1337
PS: make me Pichu boards mod, kthx

Top Bottom