• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who can you chaingrab with the running grab?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I mean that can't be chaingrabbed by juts walking and then dthrow, I checked on the chaingrab project and it never told me.

§witch

Smash Lord
Only people that can't be done more than once are: ICs. Everyone else can be done at least twice...I think. Wario, jiggs, luc, rob and kirby, are iffy.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Olimar can only be CG 2-3 times?!?!?!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
my friend sucks then, and i thought he was getting better with all the things I've been teaching him. What's Olimar's input for getting out of the CG?

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Only people that can't be done more than once are: ICs. Everyone else can be done at least twice...I think. Wario, jiggs, luc, rob and kirby, are iffy.
Peach, Zelda, and Samus are going to laugh so hard when you try to chaingrab them.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Lucario can't be chaingrabbed.
running grab is better to get to the edge for a dair spike, walking is only good to slow it down to build there percentage up.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Olimar can only be CG 2-3 times?!?!?!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
my friend sucks then, and i thought he was getting better with all the things I've been teaching him. What's Olimar's input for getting out of the CG?
Well, we've had this discussion before. I think the conclusion we reached was:

-Olimar is very hard to chaingrab.
-Olimar can be chaingrabbed if you do it perfectly, but if your timing is even a smidgen off, Olimar will escape. Olimar has a smaller margin of error than other characters.
-Olimar's best bet to get out of a chaingrab is to spam the jump button.

Alopex

Smash Ace
So Zelda can never, ever be CG'd, even with good timing?

What about ZSS? Samus can't be, but what about the suit-less variety?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i always walk to avoid tripping and it seems to work fine. if you space the walk right you can even cover alot of distance.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, on fast falling characters, you dont even need to move, lol. (assuming they dont DI)

Top Bottom