• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who beats link?

bluelion20

Smash Ace
You might be right. If Link crouches, the icicles will probably just hit his shield. And if Link knocks them off the platform he could just launch an arrow at Nana and then she would probably get too far out of range to do the recovery move. Now thats not saying that he couldn't just do the over B move, but he might not be able to make it.

Hmoob Koob

Smash Apprentice
Me being a Link player, I would say that from my toughest battles, I've had, their where two characters who really gave me a tough time, Marth, and Samus. Marth's range is what really makes him have the edge over Link, I seem to have a rather difficult time trying to get in hits on him, and since Link is rather heavy, his fall is good for Marth to juggle with, and end in the Forward Smash...so yes, I have a tough time with Marth, probably for me, my worse heel when I'm using Link.

Samus isn't that hard to outgame, but it's the mere fact that Link has a rather difficult time trying to knock her out. However, Link can be easily K.O. by Samus, so that is where it poses a problem for me, where I have to literally get Samus to 140% or over to kill her, she can easily kill me lower than 140%.

Link is one of the few characters who can play well against the majority of characters, he doesn't have a big advantage nor a big disadvantage. I also agree, that before some people go on blabbing that everyone can own Link, then you probably been playing Link player's who DON'T know how to use Link properly, he is a very good character, sure he has to really sweat for his wins, but a win is a win.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Im known as a great Link player in my area, and I would have to say that these characters counter Link:

Marth=Spacing+Tip Advantage+Air Attacks+Grab Range
Fox=Reflector+Up Attacks+Fast Execution Speed
Falco=Reflector+Up Attacks+Fast Execution Speed
Sheik=Fast+Tilts+Harder to Edge Guard cause of disaspearing act+Air Attacks

As you may notice, Link has weaknesses mainly to the high tiers, people use these characters the most in tournys therefore making Link look bad. However if you are a different character player than what I named above, you will notice that you cant take Link down as easy I these people say on this Thread, unless of course your facing against a non-competitive Link. And of course there are moves Links knows that can counter every character in the game with the right timing and skill, including the 4 I mentioned above. You have to take into consideration their fall speed, run speed, movesets, throws, before you can consider characters that counter Link.

Dark Schneider

Smash Apprentice
Fox destroys Link. Although Link is well balanced having alot of attacks to use. I'd also say sheik as well, One needle im sure of this maybe now but, can bring him down on his recovery. And lastly Gdorf, For his strong moves, And great spikes.

stilettotrap

Smash Ace
Sheik is the most obvious "counter," I guess one could say, but since she has the same advantages against a lot of other characters, I don't think it's a character-specific matchup. Her ability to chain grab Link to 70%+ is definitely nothing to scoff at, and then there's the fact that she can follow that immediately with a f-air. That usually amounts to Dead Link, after edgeguarding with needles and more forward aerials. Link's best bet is to play a stage where Sheik is forced to prematurely end the chain throws, at which point he proceeds to play projectile/priority *****. It doesn't guarantee success, but freak chance is better than down throw to almost guaranteed death.

Fox also kicks Link's ***, for the most part. Theoretically, Fox COULD just do the inverse shine combo until 100% or as long as he likes and end with an up smash for the KO. Unfortunately, it's not that easy in practice. Even without the infinite shine, however, Fox has plenty of other reliable, guaranteed combos that can easily deal quite a large chunk of damage to Link, and most of them WILL end with up smash.

Yeah, anyhow.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
I'm not even going to talk about Fox/Falco.

DR. MARIO is a good match-up to take down link.

I find from constant matches between my link and my friend's dr. mario. that if dr. mario spams the pills, it cancels out link's projectiles. His cape can also reflect them, no matter the direction (from above, below or the side). The cape lasts much longer than it looks like it does. If doc capes right, while an arrow comes at his back, he is STILL protected.

So force link with pills. Then punish his slow offense with a speedier one.

I am forced to resort to close fighting. The sex kick, tilt up-A and nuetral-A give link decent priority, and are his fastest moves. They allow you to slip in more deadly moves.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
dude i beat link >.>
Lol. :[

Well, basically, the entire high and top their sections can beat link save for Peach.

HOWEVER.
If played right, Link > Marth, and Link CAN break pretty even against a Fox.
But you have to be a ****ing amazing Link to overcome Fox.

Falco is a lot tougher because Falco's pressure game > Link.

Sheik is easily the best against Link.

Falcon is pretty hard to beat, depending on how well you can advance and defend.

Check the Link forums for a few really good Link guides.

Link boards: http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Doc. Mario doesn't really beat Link =/

But yeah, Link hates space animals

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco. Definetely. Those were probably my most hardest to kill, because they juggle all the time against me.

Sliq

Smash Master
Shiek vs. Link is one of the most one sided match ups in the game.
QFT

Seriously, Fox and Sheik are hard matchups for Link.

Just go Sheik and CG him from 0-100 and then judo chop him in the face.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Shiek vs. Link is one of the most one sided match ups in the game.
So true. I've seen mediocre Sheiks destroy fairly well-skilled Links with just CGing the hell out of them, then comboing for a finisher. Bull****, really.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
i skimmed through the first page of this thread and was shocked. i think only one person mentioned sheik. sheik is, without a doubt, links hardest match-up by far.

edit: lol. i just noticed how old this thread is.

Top Bottom