• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the characters that D3 can small-step CG?

JST

Smash Apprentice
I know DK and Bowser can be done in by this. It's been said that D3 can do this to Wario, Ganondorf, and Wolf, but I really, really doubt that it actually works. From what I've heard, though, D3 can small-step CG all the infinitable characters save for Luigi.

I can't really go test this out myself cause i don't even own a Wii, but think I could get any verification on this?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Small step CGing does work on Ganondorf, Wolf, and Wario, though the timing is hardest for Wario. Wolf is the easiest to small step cg because the pieces of metal make a clinking noise when he hits the ground, at which point you can grab him. I believe the small step also works for all the characters who can be infinited like you said.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Small step CGing does work on Ganondorf, Wolf, and Wario, though the timing is hardest for Wario. Wolf is the easiest to small step cg because the pieces of metal make a clinking noise when he hits the ground, at which point you can grab him. I believe the small step also works for all the characters who can be infinited like you said.
Actually wolf is the hardest to do it with(has to be frame perfect). Here is my video showing how to do it on Wario, Ganon, and wolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOk8WWA8ik

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention that D3 CANNOT perform walking chain grabs on all who he can infinite grab(I tested all characters before submitting the video). Meaning he CANNOT do a walking chain grab on Mario, Luigi, Samus.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Actually wolf is the hardest to do it with(has to be frame perfect). Here is my video showing how to do it on Wario, Ganon, and wolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOk8WWA8ik
Yes but the timing is easier since you just grab when you hear the "clink" sound of the chains on his pants when he hits the ground. The Waft has a good point about the reflector though. I'll have to test this against a Wolf player friend of mine the next time I see him.

Top Bottom