• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who are the best and worst charecters to go against with ice climbers???

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna assume you're asking why Peach is the worst.

Simply put, her down-smash is the best way to separate the Ice Climbers, she is hard to edgeguard, and she harder to combo with the Ice Climbers than most characters.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Best: Fastfallers, they get comboed so easily, and pretty much the whole cast except Marth.
Worst: Marth :laugh:

Rage.

Smash Ace
Worst would have to be Peach and Marth.
Maybe a good Captain Falcon or Fox if they Are REALLY REALLY fast

Best would be Sheik, Falco and a bunch of low teirs :)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I think difficulty goes like this

Peach
Samus
Marth
Jiggs
Ganon
Fox
CF

Only the first three give me any serious trouble though.

I think my best matchup is vs. Falco. Most of what makes Falco destroy the other characters just doesn't work on ICs, and they can kill him at very low damage.

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Well then again if you can grab a peach you can charge Usmash for an 80% kill =P

hardest is a samus or Jiggs IMO, i can do decently against marths just because ive played them so often...

BTW yeah fast fallers easy kills from grabs for like 70damage comboes which are not chains

Brox

Smash Rookie
Peach and Samus are always nightmares for ICs. However, a well played Captain Falcon is absolutely terrifying, I mean sure, he can be grabbed from 0 - death. The problem is that against a good Falcon, there are about 0 openings for the ICs to grab.

Dunno if that tops Peach, but falcon is seriously a force to be reckoned with.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
peace is made to beat ice climbers pretty much

I have trouble with some really good CF's as well

But then again i'm a boozer player so what do i know

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
I use ICs to counter my friends' Peach... I'd say until you develop some mindgames and a shamelessness for projectile spamming you'll have a tough time against swordsmen in general.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Marth is pretty easy imo, since there will always be fsmashes, which you will just-shield to wavegrab/wavedsmash so that´s not that hard, I´ve got some problems with CF though since they always has their comboability and I even get KO´d by dair to knee(any good techs for those?!) or uairspam always along with the knee, but it seems that I just need to space utilt and usmash for good KO combos, peach is hard since the Dsmash is always a pain, especially when you try to get a grab.
Samus missilespam makes it hard to reach her to get a grab...

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
peace is made to beat ice climbers pretty much

I have trouble with some really good CF's as well

But then again i'm a boozer player so what do i know
Yo thats what im talking about low tier that **** son, i barely beat a peach with my kirby :chuckle:.

PB&J

Smash Hero
first of al marth is not hard to fight using ic's just wavedash out of ur sheild and grab after an opening........ill put samus or peach first(they give me the same amount of trouble) a good link is hard to play and a great falco....watch pc vs. chu....but if the falco's make mistakes u can always kill them the quickest......ganon is not easy to fight either...and jiggs is not hard just don't get rested...everybody else ic's can beat....and if you have a problem fighting fox get him in an utilt then grab him...chu dis

Gray

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Falcon was fairly easy for the IC's due to his comboability. At least, that's what I've heard from most IC players.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
If the Falcon is really good he's pretty hard, because he can kill Nana with knees, uair=> knee really easily. It's very hard to get a grab against Falcon because he can attack with impunity. He can do bairs and land behind you, space nairs to avoid being grabbed, and there's too much stun from dair to shield grab. Also his raptor boost murders ICs, launching them up to perfect knee or combo height. And if ICs shield it there's too much knockback and shield stun to shield grab him. Falcon can avoid wavesmashes by dashing away and pivoting f-smash.

4BDN_Skillz

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to counter a fox that seperates nana and popo and then just shines nana so iam stuck with ust popo. Cuz evrytime i vs a fox thts all they try to do in da beggining

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
fox is one of my hardest opponents with ic's cuz 2 shines and im dead, but here is the key. fox is very heavy so its easy to juggle him with almost every char (falco too) only problem is they're too fast to grab but if u manage to pull it off punish them to death with cgs.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Peach

I hate facing peaches with ice climbers due to her annoying as h*** downsmash.
I

PB&J

Smash Hero
cf players get them into the dash attack to and uptilt to a grab..he should be dead after u grab him...move around alot too for u can play mindgames with desynces..yeah foward tilts and neutral will lead u to a grab..do this to fox too..

xEnvYx

Smash Cadet
climbers vs falcon can go either way. If the falcon is good though, then its def. in falcons favor. Falcon comboes ic's pretty **** good and seeing as how nana doesnt di, she just seems to get hit with random comboes ending in knees. IC's can also combo falcon well but just not as good as falcon does to climbers. If falcon knows what he's doing with spacing and he can get out of the cg (which isnt hard) then the match is easily in cap's favor.

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
peach and luigi are pretty hard opponents for ice climbers to face.... both are hard to combo and they both have so powerful prioritity and moves those works against IC very well. And pillrushing doc is also pretty hard opponent.

IC is very good against almoust any othe low tiers than luigi but IC is also very good against fastfallers and sheik... I myself think that C. falcon is pretty easy opponent for IC, mostly bacause C.Falcon ispretty easy to egdeguard with edgehog. jjuts load smash with nana and egdehog with popo =).... but that depends so much about players skilllevels bacause good C.falcon might be very tuff opponent for IC.... =/

maybe I haven't face any "supergood" C. falcon bacause I have beaten C. falcons pretty easily this far =)

once again: just my opinion

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
ICs>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dk.
I've discovered this in the most difficult way possible.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Are you saying that ICs can beat DK or the other way around? I'll assume from your pic that you think they can't.

Unfortunately, a simply ice block chaser followed by a dash a with a (double) jump up a will finish off DK pretty quickly. Also, DKs big size makes it an easy target for both the IC's a attacks and neutral/smash b attacks.

However, if you were saying that they could beat DK then i apologize for taking your time.

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
I think ICs has a bit of trouble against Mr GaW. Just from my experiences it seems like GaW is good at keeping ICs away and seperating them.

psicicle

Smash Ace
I personally have trouble against the usual peaches and samuses and more unusually, mario.For mario I can't figure out what to do from grabs. I find falcos, marths and shiek particularly easy.

clowsui

Smash Legend
yeah, you find it easy to play falco/marth only because i can't friggin di from your grab D: but meh, ICs are good against them regardless
anyways to be on topic...
since i don't play ICs i dunno but i've seen some fairly good ICs lose to marths and samuses on a consistent basis....as much as i hate to say it ICs are ridiculous against FFers

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Are you saying that ICs can beat DK or the other way around? I'll assume from your pic that you think they can't.

Unfortunately, a simply ice block chaser followed by a dash a with a (double) jump up a will finish off DK pretty quickly. Also, DKs big size makes it an easy target for both the IC's a attacks and neutral/smash b attacks.

However, if you were saying that they could beat DK then i apologize for taking your time.
No he's saying the Ice Climbers are WAY better than DK, and he learned it the hard way because he's a DK player who got owned by some Ice Climbers.

psicicle

Smash Ace
yeah, you find it easy to play falco/marth only because i can't friggin di from your grab D: but meh, ICs are good against them regardless
anyways to be on topic...
since i don't play ICs i dunno but i've seen some fairly good ICs lose to marths and samuses on a consistent basis....as much as i hate to say it ICs are ridiculous against FFers
Heh, marth can DI out of any CG I think, but careless f-smashes are easily punished by shielddashing, and in addition to that his grab game is largely negated.

I'm not sure if falco can get out of d-throw to d-air because I havent faced any that have.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i probably don't tilt/shl on you enough anyway, it might be why i'm losing
especially with marth, utilt and ftilt are amazing but i can't shffl into them which is why i fail (lol i'm afraid of accidently uairing or usmashing after i shffl)
with falco it's just a matter of beign able to time my pillar and utilting/jabbing/ftilting more often

pockyD

Smash Legend
you can't CG marth

on the other hand', i've recently had some trouble with a marth smartly grabbing me/nana (when we're not completely synced), then either just throwing her into me (taking advantage of marth's really fast throws) or waiting for me to attempt to punish, THEN throwing (marth gets invincibility frames during his throws)

wd punish right after he throws is too slow because he can throw -> jab, and plus sometimes the thrown climber will hit you (esp since nana won't DI up to avoid you)

Top Bottom