• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who agrees that Melee>Brawl? (more inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Smash Lord
Okay. Seriously, Brawl can never measure up to the standards of Melee. I played it today, it is TERRIBLE.

First of all, the floatiness. Why does every float the exact same way? Marth feels like bowser and so does Falco. Falco sucks in this game.
This game is slow and non-fluid. Combos aren't really possible anymore unless you manage to pull off a two-hitter.

Now I know this isn't Melee, but still. Even if I adapt to this game more than Melee, I will like Melee more. It's just that the quickness of Melee was one of the things that made it so good. Perhaps balancing all the characters wasn't teh smartest thing to do. Now every falls the same speed and it is just sooooo slow.

Overall, Melee>Brawl.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Ofc you can pull of combos maybe u shux to much to do it? Falco is still good if played properly and floatiness is for mass air battles/combos.

- Overall, u failed

Death

Smash Lord
Im not saying you can't pull off combos, im saying you can't pull off long combos. Sure you can count 2 hits as a combo can't you? And no Falco is terrible. His laser sucks, his reflector is AWFUL.

And don't do that "u failed" ****, you look like a child.

Vijin

Smash Ace
I've pulled off some decent combos. With dedede I did a down air, to up air, to forward air. yeah, only a 3 hit combo, but that 3 hit combo racked up a good amount of percent. A lot more than a 3 hit combo in melee could.
And Not to mentioned, falcon is still a combo beast. My bro's been Nairing and Uairing me across the stage left and right.
I've seen snake combo online already. I can only imagine how good he's gonna get once people start learning how to use him.

And I dunno about falco. I'm not saying this to offend, but seriously, don't think of it like melee. Playing falco like you played him in melee might bring crappy results. Instead, think outside the box.

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
I like Brawl much more than Melee. Competeive players need to get over "teh floatiness!" and "no teh wavedshin plox!". Brawl is much more fun then Melee, and since I never was a competeive player, Brawl >>>>>>Melee.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
the formula for melee is: High Gravity x Final destination + fox trot/ tv output = melee 1.9

or you could just play melee again.

Kamyu

Smash Cadet
Holy crap. I don't know if its just me, but I'm totally sick of people making ******** threads like this one, I mean, there are like 40, why do you make a new one? Then they start to complain: "Brawl is slow, Brawl is floaty, I preffer Melee". Well, here is what I think: WE-DONT-CARE! If you don't like Brawl, why do you have to post it here? Go and play Melee, enjoy the advanced techniques from it, enjoy the speed and stop playing Brawl if you don't like it.

Kkthxbb.

FalconPunch

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap. I don't know if its just me, but I'm totally sick of people making ******** threads like this one, I mean, there are like 40, why do you make a new one? Then they start to complain: "Brawl is slow, Brawl is floaty, I preffer Melee". Well, here is what I think: WE-DONT-CARE! If you don't like Brawl, why do you have to post it here? Go and play Melee, enjoy the advanced techniques from it, enjoy the speed and stop playing Brawl if you don't like it.

Kkthxbb.
Apparently, you care since you're responding to his topic.

Kamyu

Smash Cadet
Apparently, you care since you're responding to his topic.
Nope, sorry but u fail. I'm responding in this topic because I want you all to know that we don't need more stupid threads like this. Its pretty simple, you don't like Brawl? Go and play Melee, its simple and you dont need to make a thread about it.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Well before the game came out I kept hearing a lot of crap from people like you that its sucks and melee is better
I was like wtf! when I played brawl dude seriously I cant believe people are actually saying melee > brawl
It should be more like brawl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>melee
Wth is wrong with you competitive morons???????????

higgins

Smash Apprentice
those morons just dont know how to cotrol their characters and are total noobs and Brawl is definately nominated for the best game of the year and melee didnt so why do people say melee is better just because YOU cant be quick other people can.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Nope, sorry but u fail. I'm responding in this topic because I want you all to know that we don't need more stupid threads like this. Its pretty simple, you don't like Brawl? Go and play Melee, its simple and you dont need to make a thread about it.
Don't lie.
You care.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Brawl is way better.

Brawl is more fun to play, more to collect (I loved collecting trophies in Melee), Awesome story mode, TONS of amazing music and more.

Overall, Brawl>Melee.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I wonder if any tried doing this for Wolf

Fsmash,Grab,Upthrow,Nair,Uspecial,Upsmash?

I have yet to try this. I heard its a good combo starter with His Fsmash+grab as the guy trips :laugh:

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
Brawl is a different game from melee. It's going to take time to figure out how it works. What I gather from the OP is that he played only top tier characters (falco, marth) and got used to being better than everyone. Now that things are more balanced, he complains.

Anyway, the mechanics are different. You can't expect characters to work the same way they did in melee just because they have the same name and similar moves. Maybe wavedashing and L cancelling are gone, but what people don't realize is that brawl has opened the doors to a completely new style of play. If you don't like change then, by all means, continue to play melee. Comparing brawl to melee in terms of which is better though is something you just can't do.

M.K

Level 55
Who needs combos, they only help to get the job done. Does that matter if the job can get done anyways?

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
Im not saying you can't pull off combos, im saying you can't pull off long combos. Sure you can count 2 hits as a combo can't you? And no Falco is terrible. His laser sucks, his reflector is AWFUL.

And don't do that "u failed" ****, you look like a child.
No. YOU look like the child in this thread, crying about how this game should have been Melee 2.

LONG combos can be pulled off easily now, btw.

Actually play the game for longer than 10 minutes before you start whining about how this game is somehow bad compared to an almost completely different game.

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
In regards to the combo comment. I have no idea what you're talking about. I know for a fact that samus at least can combo very well.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't it say a lot to all of you smallvilles comp. players whining about the ruined melee metagame that all of the big name comp, melee players are on here actively trying to find new tactics and adapting to brawl?

Shouldn't it?

DrewB008

Smash Lord
anyone who pulls off combos plays against people that dont know how to play, or dont understand what combos actually are. you cant even dair to bair with samus against most characters, combos are gone.

All you noncompetitive kids who say that we should get over the lack of competitiveness, its more fun, etc. dont realize that the quality of this game is a lot more important to us than it is to you. we played melee a lot more than you did, and this game will inevitably replace it as kids like you are going to put money into the pot at tournaments for good players to win.

and most big name brawl competitive players are looking for strategies because as of now the game sucks, and their lifestyle of winning hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month will disappear as well.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
Who needs combos, they only help to get the job done. Does that matter if the job can get done anyways?
why read a book if someone can just summarize the plot?

and btw, brawl characters can't combo. the game mechanics don't allow it. if you combo often, your opponent sucks

spyk90

Smash Cadet
I think Nintendo slowed down the game speed of Brawl to make all characters seem even or what not.

In my opinion, I don't mind the major changes. Despite the things I'll miss in Melee, it's a brand new game to own my friends in! lol

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
and most big name brawl competitive players are looking for strategies because as of now the game sucks, and their lifestyle of winning hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month will disappear as well.
I actually think that the big name competitive players will start making 30x more money. Half these idiots think combo's are possible in brawl and the second they enter a tourney and try to combo against someone who know how to hold a controller their money might as well been stolen from them.

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
To claim combos aren't possible 3 days after release is ridiculous. Dair --> Bair with samus works on certain characters. I haven't played other characters much, but I do know samus can combo.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
yeah brightside my point was that they need to find out how to get good at the game to keep making money, while those of us that didnt make money find ourselves wasting time on a game thats not as fun.

also hellbourne its a simple matter of being able to jump or run fast enough to hit people again before they airdodge or do a move. ive been playing for over a month several times a week, im 100% confident im significantly better than you because i realize that people will airdodge out of my combos. its ok, i thought combos existed for a little while too. youll see they dont.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is way better.

Brawl is more fun to play, more to collect (I loved collecting trophies in Melee), Awesome story mode, TONS of amazing music and more.

Overall, Brawl>Melee.
Everything you said about Brawl is just extra little features. Yes, I agree, I think that in terms of the sheer amount of things you can do and accomplish, Brawl completely destroys Melee, but in terms of actual GAMEPLAY I like Melee a lot more.

Razed

Smash Ace
Stop crying because brawl isn't identical to melee, and you can't adjust.

As you've said, you've played the game only once, yet you bash it this much? Such a 10 year old.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Real competitive players aren't moving on because they're worried they'll lost their lifeblood in melee tournaments. They're moving on because they're actual professionals who know about things like evolution and adaptation. What I'm saying is, the professionals are out there learning the new game - they're not in here, whining incessantly.

If you worked at an office, and one day they decided to migrate from Windows PCs to Macs, and instead of learning the new PCs you went to your boss's office every day and went on rants and tirades about how YOU miss your PC and about how YOU'RE so sure they were better... This despite all of the research the company did and how the Mac will work out just as fine if not better in the long run - you'd be fired. Quickly.

Hay guys! Guess what? Brawl says you're fired.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Real competitive players aren't moving on because they're worried they'll lost their lifeblood in melee tournaments. They're moving on because they're actual professionals who know about things like evolution and adaptation. What I'm saying is, the professionals are out there learning the new game - they're not in here, whining incessantly.

If you worked at an office, and one day they decided to migrate from Windows PCs to Macs, and instead of learning the new PCs you went to your boss's office every day and went on rants and tirades about how YOU miss your PC and about how YOU'RE so sure they were better... This despite all of the research the company did and how the Mac will work out just as fine if not better in the long run - you'd be fired. Quickly.

A New Challenger is right. The pros who've decided to move on to Brawl are out there playing the game. The pros and the "pros" that can't move on are in here *****ing like babies. It's like watching a butterfly with its wings plucked off, just pathetic and useless.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
give someone a computer. then take it away and give him a typewriter. call him a baby for complaining

people like you need to understand the opposing side before making assumptions about them

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i know for a fact mew2king is only playing brawl to take your money. he has stated this 100's of times. i know thats why several other people are going to local tournaments this weekend, and i would go to local brawl tournaments as well to take your money. but a whole lot of good players willing to do this do not think brawl is nearly as good as melee, and i talk with them about it regularly.

kevincow25

Smash Rookie
yeah brightside my point was that they need to find out how to get good at the game to keep making money, while those of us that didnt make money find ourselves wasting time on a game thats not as fun.

also hellbourne its a simple matter of being able to jump or run fast enough to hit people again before they airdodge or do a move. ive been playing for over a month several times a week, im 100% confident im significantly better than you because i realize that people will airdodge out of my combos. its ok, i thought combos existed for a little while too. youll see they dont.
Wait, you're complaining that it's now possible to break out of combos, so instead of learning a few combos and repeating them over and over again, you have to improvise based on your opponent's percentage and how they react?

You heard it, guys, game ruined. This guy knows what he's talking about. He's 100% sure that he's significantly better than all us stupid kids, which proves that he's right. And he's got Mew2king on his side, who, as we all know, totally ISN'T a whiny little brat who started complaining about Brawl the second he realized it wasn't identical to Melee way back at E4all.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
Wait, you're complaining that it's now possible to break out of combos, so instead of learning a few combos and repeating them over and over again, you have to improvise based on your opponent's percentage and how they react?
that isn't the problem. the problem is that even if you do everything perfectly, the decrease in hitstun and the floatiness of all the characters barely allow combos. in melee, you have to improvise. in brawl, you have to rely on your opponent messing up

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace

Yeah, hate to break it to you, but Brawl's critics include a ton of great players, all of whom will still own you even if you think "they can't adapt."

You heard it, guys, game ruined. This guy knows what he's talking about. He's 100% sure that he's significantly better than all us stupid kids, which proves that he's right. And he's got Mew2king on his side, who, as we all know, totally ISN'T a whiny little brat who started complaining about Brawl the second he realized it wasn't identical to Melee way back at E4all.
In Melee it's possible to break out of combos. In Brawl it's not. This is because combos just don't exist, so logically you can't escape something that doesn't exist. The only combos in Brawl are the preset ones, like Ike's jab combo or Metaknight's ftilt combo. Brawl's critics include way more than just Mew2King.

Mr.Shmearo

Smash Rookie
I don't agree with everything you said but I do agree with Melee> Brawl sadly. I own Brawl and yes it's fun but I can't see myself playing it for 4 years competitively like i did Melee. I just can't. You can barely edge guard well in Brawl =\

And yes I can adjust and blah blah blah. But everything that made Melee a great competitively played game was taken away. Let's be real. They couldn't even leave in being able to edge guard well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom