• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who actually plays as Ice Climbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Does anyone ever really main Ice Climbers? I suck as them, and everyone I know sucks as them. They have no high-power moves, aren't insanely fast, and overall have no advantages besides being 2 players in one. Who mains Ice Climbers?

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? ICs are full of high power moves. You just don't know how to use them. The smash attacks are very powerful. They have TWO recovery moves that they can use (if that's not advantageous then NOBODY in melee has any advantageous moves).

Desynching? Need I even say more about that?

Infinite grab.

And who needs insanely high speed when you can have two of the same character at different parts of the stage at once?

If you don't know how to control them, that's fine, but don't dismiss any character as "sucking" until you actually know how to play as them. All characters in Melee have their advantages and disadvantages. You don't need high speed to be an amazing character.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I don't necessarily main the Ice Climbers, but I do play as them more than Yoshis. I don't master the frosty duo, but I'm descent with them.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers are only as good as the player in general, if your new to the game its hard to use them effectively, on the other hand if your a advance technique lover they can do sick things.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers are only as good as the player in general, if your new to the game its hard to use them effectively, on the other hand if your a advance technique lover they can do sick things.
Exactly. And like Kirbynator, I mained with ICs, Kirby [and shiek] and owned with all of them.

If you aren't good with a character, that doesn't mean they suck. It just means they're not your piece of pie and you need to move on to a different one, unless you are willing to put in the time and effort to master them.

Joybuzzy

Smash Rookie
They're like great characters and all but I can't play them well without killing one of them so I just stick to the sword fighters [Link/Pit/Marth/Roy] I guess Ice-climbers are a character you play with your friends and laugh like crazy when you die and then you shove them off the edge for laughing.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I must be much better at Melee than I think. Why does everyone find it so hard to play as the Ice Climbers..?

Ice Climbers are my main, and their Smash Attacks are incredibly strong. I guess the reason why I'm so good as them is because of my recovery techniques.

And hasn't anyone ever heard of Chudat..?

JellyJiggler

Smash Cadet
I play the Ice Climbers, mostly for the different experience from the other characters [2 in 1]. Also because their game was pretty fun.

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ice Climbers are such a bad character. Who in their right mind would ever main them? :/

Supa_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I like the ICs a lot but I would probably use them more if i figured out how to get back on the ledge with just one. But there is no way I would ever main them over fox:)

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
No offence intended, but that is common n00b misconception.

They will be crappy characters only if you don't know how to use him.

Example, I think Ganondorf sucks because I can't use him well.

The Ice Climbers have very powerful smash attacks, so I have no idea what you're saying about the IC's not having strong attacks.

They are average in speed. Sorry that they aren't as fast as Fox. :ohwell:

Binx

Smash Master
I main ice climbers, one of the main reasons why is that no one uses them and they are cute and hillarious, they are actually pretty **** good too, wavedashes infinite grabs, desynchs to do rediculous combos and edgeguards. Ice Climbers are too(two) good.

I hope the Ice Climbers counter Peach in brawl....
ROFL wouldnt that be brutal.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I main the IC along with Ness and Marth, and i use them when i really need to stress the point to my friends that i'm better than they are (cause all my friends think their unplayable)

Frogla

Smash Ace
After Jiggypuff, I secondary main Ice Climbers and third main Marth.

So you better believe that Ice Climbers will be somewhere on my main list.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Ice Climbers are very good characters in the RIGHT HANDS!!!

the only thing i have agianst them (play them a lot myself) is that your partner can be a bit retarted sometimes, other then that its cool. (no pun intented.)

fums63

Smash Apprentice
theyre my secondary and i always prove everyone who says that they suck wrong. their smashes are insane

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Good ol' brawl forums. Just when you think that everyone on smashboards knows what the heck is going on in the world of smash the brawl forums come along and provide a nice, disgusting, breeze of reality.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I can tell you don't play as Ice Climbers...

Almost all of their moves are power moves. Smash FWD, Smash DWN, Smash UP, Tilt A, AUA, AFA, ABA, etc...

And I'm not even considering the fact that Nana delivers the second powerful blow as well. (Popo alone is deadly enough, in the right hands).

I main the Ice Climbers along with Peach.

I 3 stocked a Captain Falcon in the last tournament I went to.
Sure, that C.Falcon wasn't very good... But after he KOed Nana, I handled the rest of the match with Popo alone.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
this thread makes me so very sad...

@the kid who made this thread: you are the reason bad things happen in this world.

plenty of people main the IC's, try checking the Melee IC forums. Also, you're either completely ignorant or you've never played melee before. Not only are they really powerful, they have an infinite, and the 2nd longest and fastest wavedash in the game.

please go die. thanks

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
yeah ICs moves are all very powerful, each of their smash attacks do at least 20 damage fully charged. I main them, alongside Peach and Zelda. I also think they will be better then they were in brawl too, their FS makes them more powerful already!

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
Yes. They have become my mains in the last week (After being secondaries to Marth) now only stand above Yoshi in "Most Used". I love the duo feeling, and I've got alot of skill with them (Eleminated Samus, Zelda, Ganondorf and Link, all controled by torny-attenting friends. I don't know what kind of show of skill that is though). You're a lamer if you don't play as Ice Climbers in my book.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
They are really fun to play as and I'm pretty decent with them, only use basic moves like desyncing them, I do the grabs for a bit, but never the inescapable. Just a few whacks and a smash. But I will give them a shot to see if I can win with them from the start. Pretty cool to own with them right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom