• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Version Do You Think Will Be More Exciting To Watch?

Which version was most exciting to watch

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
We've now seen a tournament for both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. Which tournament do you feel like it hyped you up the most/ was more exciting to watch than the other. For some reason I found the grand finals for the 3DS version to be more more exciting than the Wii U version even though I'm looking more forward to the Wii U version.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Wii U definitely, it's more visually appealing just from being HD and on a bigger screen IMO of course

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I dunno I found it pretty intense not being able to see the percent for the 3ds, and then the steam comes and you're just like oh snap so and so is already above 100% already!? But yea them HD graphics are quite beautiful.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
The Nintendo 3DS version, because of it's superior art style and better stages.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wii U no doubt. I had much more excitement watching the Smash Wii U battles at Comic Con rather than the 3DS tournament.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just watching, and not playing?

The one that you don't have to creep over someone's shoulder to watch.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945

It was more along the lines of which stream would be more exciting.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Since they play the same, I'm pretty sure both would be exciting to watch. Though generally the Wii U version has more of an advantage due to the big screen, high-definition quality, and visible damage gauge.

Pretty much this, especially for local multiplayer purposes.

Thor

Smash Champion
We've now seen a tournament for both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. Which tournament do you feel like it hyped you up the most/ was more exciting to watch than the other. For some reason I found the grand finals for the 3DS version to be more more exciting than the Wii U version even though I'm looking more forward to the Wii U version.
There may be some sort of argument along the lines of "Wii U Grand Finals would've been more exciting if it's wasn't CT Zero camping with side+b on Hbox's Kirby" but I don't agree with that sentiment and enjoyed both a ton. I think each are very exciting to watch, but on Wii U you can see damage percents so it depends on if you want to be left guessing as to what is a KO move and how far down someone really is - if you want to just watch them duke it out with no gauges in the way, 3DS for sure, but if you want to know the status of the players at all times at a glance, Wii U will be more hype.

I also hope they are each as exciting to play too.

Beats

Smash Cadet
I dunno I found it pretty intense not being able to see the percent for the 3ds, and then the steam comes and you're just like oh snap so and so is already above 100% already!? But yea them HD graphics are quite beautiful.
I actually hated this most about watching the 3DS version. Not being able to see what the player sees means it's harder to notice all the little decisions they might make. Understanding the human element is the most important part of spectating. Otherwise you might as well just watch combo videos. This is an exaggeration, since you can obviously still understand most of the decisions a player will make without the %. But still, the lack of information irks me.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i liked to watch the Wii u version more just because i could not see the percentage or the stock i wanted to be able to watch that i remember when at the 3ds tournament they played a Wii u match and it was zero suit samus and pickachu on that FE stage that was so intense to watch and i just did not get that feeling in the 3ds tournament probably because in every match i saw bowser

-quinfordmac-

Smash Rookie
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Came here to say what everyone else has already said. The Wii U version will, for sure, be more exciting to watch.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Accidentally misvoted, but probably the U version, just because of bigger screens and flashier effects.

Basically, if I thought the 3DS version was really watchable to begin with, it would be a closer tie. But I've never thought it very easy to spectate a handheld.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The Wii U version is prettier, certainly. But that's not where the excitement comes from; it will likely be just about as exciting to me for both versions.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
None of the other Smash games were in HD and they were fine to watch, so goig on which version had the more hype finals, 3DS.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sorry.
While the 3DS version will be fun, I'll only be watching it when there isn't a Wii U tournament or event going on.
That's just how it's going to be for the most part. Bigger screen, better graphics....annnd....GCC.
Yeah...

Booster

Smash Lord
Wii U version easily, you get to play it on a bigger screen in 1080P, the 3DS is on a smaller much ****tier screen that can only display 240P (PSP had better resolution then this), the Wii U version will also have better graphics and the ability to play with the Gamecube Controller which is the only real way to play Smash Bros, making for more exciting gameplay in the longrun. I don't see how people think they would be equal or the 3DS is more exciting to watch, at a definition of 240P, I think Super Smash Bros Brawl at 480P would be more exciting to watch.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Both will be exciting, considering they both offer a different variety of matchups based on stages.
Could care less what the graphics look like. My hype doesn't deteriorate just because what I'm looking at isn't pretty or "ZOMG HD."
Last time I checked, those Wii-U GFs were a snore fest, as opposed to the manly bowser dittos.

Last edited:

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i also feel like it has to to with the stages if i was going only by the stages then 3ds would be more exciting just because they have better stages than the wii u

Renji64

Smash Lord
Both will be exciting, considering they both offer a different variety of matchups based on stages.
Could care less what the graphics look like. My hype doesn't deteriorate just because what I'm looking at isn't pretty or "ZOMG HD."
Last time I checked, those Wii-U GFs were a snore fest, as opposed to the manly bowser dittos.
3ds finals were great meanwhile the wiiu's was a stall fest smh.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
you know whats more exciting to watch then both combined?
the hype before release. then theres no more fun

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Aside from the graphics/visible damage count, the Wii U version will also have a bigger variety of neutral stages than the 3DS version, which primarily relies on being more gimmicky in its stages (and, thus, will have more banned).

you know whats more exciting to watch then both combined?
the hype before release. then theres no more fun
...are we talking about the same game here?

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
So the 7 people who voted for the 3DS are basing it on the excitement of two grand finals lol.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So far, I think the 3DS version will be far more exciting to watch, undoubtedly.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Well, I mean, the 3DS version so far has better stages.

I feel like that, alone, would make it better to watch if there was a screen attached or if it was streaming in some way.

Obviously the Wii U has a bigger resolution, is easier to output, and has HD and all that, but I feel like the stages are what will allow for the more interesting, fun & exciting matches. Not the graphics.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Normally I don't care about graphics at all but during the SDCC stream I finally saw the huge difference between the Wii U and 3DS version. The 60fps were really nice on the 3DS but the Wii U version looks so much better.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well, I mean, the 3DS version so far has better stages.

I feel like that, alone, would make it better to watch if there was a screen attached or if it was streaming in some way.

Obviously the Wii U has a bigger resolution, is easier to output, and has HD and all that, but I feel like the stages are what will allow for the more interesting, fun & exciting matches. Not the graphics.
The "better stages" will most likely not be allowed in tournaments. Remember that.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Wii U version because of the vastly superior graphics and the ability for the players to use GC controllers that is not in the 3DS version.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I know I will watch both, but the Wii U one will be mostly used and will be "balanced."

But the 3DS version has so many random variables.

I will enjoy the Wii U version but I will have more fun watching the 3DS one.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I think the Wii U will win out in the end, due to ease of use alone. The 3DS would be exciting to me only because of the "Wow they actually managed to do that?" factor, but the Wii U does look better and I don't like the fact that you can't see the percents. I'm not really aware of the progress of the battle unless there are visible percents.

Top Bottom