• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Update WOW'ed You The Most?

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Stage builder and Wif-fi (BTW can more than one person per household play online at a time?)

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
......DEFINATELY not teh dec 3rd update wich should have been the best. in fact it was the worst by far!

sonic update and stage builder i suppose.

dangitbobby

Smash Rookie
i would have to say it was
Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items

RedKnight

Smash Ace
i would have to say it was
Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items
HERE HERE

HAHAHA THE REAL MEN WILL CONTROL SMASH BROS NOW *laughs maniacly*

:)

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I would say Pokemon Trainer made me VERY suprised. I mean... Charizard playable!?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Mine was Sonic. I was with some friends and I tell one of my friends to go to smashbros.com on his laptop. I kept telling him to refresh and then out of nowhere he's like. "Sonic!" I didn't even believe him, and t hen he's reading his description and I go to take a look and I'm like ZOMGZZ!!!!111111onehundredeleven

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
well im not gonna lie, it was def. sonic for me. now i had a strong feeling he was gonna be in it but just to wake up and check the dojo to see sonic and his video was just amazing. i swear i watched that sonic vid at least 15-20 times that day haha. pkmn trainers update was nice too cause i really wanted to play as squirtle and i got my wish, sort of

L1F3

Smash Cadet
I was utterly [wow'd] when I saw the 2 players in single player mode. I was like, "Wow. Did the creators of Smash forget to count or what; Single player=2 players....?" Nyaoro~ X3

srsly, it was the new color palettes. I was like, "ZOMG! Black Fox, Dark Link, "Fusion" Samus, and badass Ike colors this game is f*ing win!!!"

Thus I finally starting saving money for this game.

lol.
~L1F3

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I'm keeping an eye on the RSS feeds for this thread lol

Sonic wasn't a surprise for me actually. Once I saw Snake [after learning that he was supposed to be in Melee] I knew that the ever popular blue hedgehog would make his appearence. So when the update came, I was like, "Wow, I almost feel like I'm psychic."

That was the scariest update in my l1f3.

~L1F3

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Well, now I can certainly say that today's update has wow'ed me.

This is perfect! Even online tournaments will be a piece of cake with this system!

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
  • The additions of Ike, Diddy Kong and Sonic to the cast
  • Subspace Emissary (Finally, a decent adventure mode that has a story line and with co-op)
  • Stage Builder
  • The Star Studded cast of composers and the excellent music samples we've heard so far (my favs have been the Zelda, Metroid, and Star Fox ones).

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
THE Sonic update was like a nuclear bomb.

WE were all the week expecting him that say... because the false prophets and a lot of people said that sonic was coming up that day.

That was also the only update that made me to connect to internet before going to work... just to check if the sonic rumour was true.... and then...
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!
I was speechlesss............

by far the most dramatic one.

Others which came near were.... subspace emmisary, poke trainer and i dont know which more.

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
THE Sonic update was like a nuclear bomb.

WE were all the week expecting him that say... because the false prophets and a lot of people said that sonic was coming up that day.

That was also the only update that made me to connect to internet before going to work... just to check if the sonic rumour was true.... and then...
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!
I was speechlesss............

by far the most dramatic one.

Others which came near were.... subspace emmisary, poke trainer and i dont know which more.
Agreed. The Internet exploded, and many gaming blogs exploded. IGN, Gamefaqs, Joystiq (I'm a member there), thousands of gaming forums, and the list goes on and on. I got a heart attack with that update.

Though personally, the King Dedede update is tied with the Sonic update, at least for me. He has this charisma that somehow makes him be one of my favorite baddies, just like Ganondorf.

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Trainer—I never expected such a creative character, and Bulbasaur has always been my favorite pokemon, so when I saw Ivysaur on the brawl stage, I couldn't stop grinning.

Stage Builder is definitely up there, but as soon as Snake was announced, I expected Sonic and wasn't "wowed" when I saw him, though I was certainly happy.

On a side note, your "Nintendo 64 Kid" signature is epic, Sieged Eagle.

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
My fav would have to be Stage Builder. It WOW'ed me just because this game's never going to get old. Eva!
2nd place update for me. This is a feature that most people wanted since the very first SSB, and now it became true. Really, I won't be surprised if IGN gives Brawl a masterful 10/10 rating to this game, Game Trailers gives more than an usual 9.5/10, and the list of MetaCritic is full of 9/10-10/10 ratings.

Stage Builder has taken Replay Value to a whole new level.

EDIT: Vadorojo: Haha, thank you for the compliment! I'm glad to hear a good comment about it! :P

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I can't really think of any one update that really wowed me the most, so I'll just put up what I think are 3 of the most wow-tastic updates for me, in no real order, I guess...

1. Sonic the Hedgehog confirmed + Sonic video
This honestly goes without saying, especially since I've pretty much been stealthily rooting for his inclusion and also grew up during the Nintendo/Sega wars... this was pretty much a dream come true. Sonic looks awesome as well, he blends right in with all the other awesome mascot characters, plus they also used one of the best Sonic tunes ever for the video.

2. Stage Builder
This ALSO goes without saying really... I'm a total customization nerd, so having the ability to make unique stages in Smash Brothers is also a dream come true for me. I already have quite a few plans for oldschool Nintendo arcade stages as well, which is just divine if you ask me.

3. Lucas: Moveset
This one might make a few people angry, but I always thought this update was a real killer of an update... I've always wanted to know what kind of moves Lucas had, since he actually interested me somewhat. And lo and behold, Sakurai more than delivered... we got all of his special moves, plus a few ordinary ones too! The sheer impact this update made is also amazing too, it seemed like everyone had something to say about Ness's chances... people are still talking about it, even.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I've gotten tired of collecting trohpies, i wanted something new and stylish. Then came the stickers...
it was love at first site

But in all seriousness, i'm going to say the announcement of Snake part deux was just orgasmitron

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Characters updates: i will go with PT (cuz nobody saw him coming) and Sonic ( i knew he will be in but i never thought they will reveal him so early)
Stages updates: Stage bulider( i love it, but i probaly won't make any boards)
other update: SSE ( I hope its good)

Top Bottom