• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which stage suits Yoshi best?

Zench

Smash Cadet
like the title says, i wanna hear opinions and explanations
(just in case, sorry if this is an old subject)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I hate every field

the only one I like is battlefield

I think it suits Yoshi because of the low ceiling and platforms.

Scala

Smash Ace
I think the question should be rephrased "Which stage makes for a general yoshi counterpick stage?" Is there any level that an opponent should heavily consider banning when playing against yoshi in a tournament?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Delphino is absolutely the best stage for him IMO, because he gets AMAZING slope play there leading to insane combos that wouldn't even be possible at other stages.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It depends on your playstlye, there is no one correct stage.

My CP stage would be Norfair, and my reg would be FD.

Scala

Smash Ace
I think yoshi's island is a pretty terrible yoshi stage actually. the curving ground messes with his grab

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I've started up with Yoshi again and I'm really enjoying Yoshi's Island for the slope play with down B on the edges and the floating platform. Other than that, FD and Battlefield, occasionally Frigate Orpheon.

Is there a thread dedicated to discussing Yoshi's slope play, and all the different places you can do the Bomb Cancel? Swarch function isn't working for me right now.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Omg, are you kidding me?! Corneria ftw! lol First of all, you have a large stage to spam on. Low ceilings allow for fast kills because of usmash, uair, and eggs. I've done uair -> uair -> egg for the kill. Works wonders. The only time you don't want to choose Corneria is if you face someone that has a stronger upwards kill, like D3 and Snake. Also, take in mind you have a infinite on characters against the fin wall of the ship.

peeup

Smash Lord
Omg, are you kidding me?! Corneria ftw! lol First of all, you have a large stage to spam on. Low ceilings allow for fast kills because of usmash, uair, and eggs. I've done uair -> uair -> egg for the kill. Works wonders. The only time you don't want to choose Corneria is if you face someone that has a stronger upwards kill, like D3 and Snake. Also, take in mind you have a infinite on characters against the fin wall of the ship.
All very true.

As far as nuetral stages go, though, I would say Yoshi's Island (Brawl) is the best. Sloped ground is perfect for yoshi bomb, you can't get caught under the stage using your second jump, and the shyguys can help deal with characters that can out-camp you (for instance, I believe falco can shoot faster than yoshi can throw eggs). Basically, pick corneria, or hope you get yoshi's island as the first stage.

Kress

Smash Rookie
Banned, yeah, the best for yoshi, yeah. I'm Talking about Bridge of eldin. Why? Well, just apply dash chain grabs against the characters you can ^^! But if the oponent is not chaingrab-eable, just use ETS or SHBairs. ^^!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Really? Nobody else thinks Delphino is great? Was that stage banned and I just didn't hear? I dunno, I haven't gone to a tourney in a long time.

I'll post a video one day to show off the capabilities of that stage.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Oh my where to start. I know I like Castle Siege and delfino due to the ability to chain an MK to a cheap kill =P (I hate MKs)

as far as nuetrals go, I'd have to say FD due to lack of platforms...oh how I hate level platforms.

Top Bottom