• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which SSB did you start with first?

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
As you can see by the title I am asking the simple question: Which Super Smash Brothers did you start off with first?

My answer is the first one breifly. I started at a friends house when I was very young. All I can remember is me totally owning with Yoshi. I really enjoyed the game and ruined everybody at it.(we were like 9 years old so I wasnt no pro)Excited, I bought a gamecube and Melee came with it, within the next few weeks. I tryed some yoshi but I blew with him in melee, but a new character lit right up when I looked around the character board. BOOZER. yup and I went from there.....Im not a bad yoshi but compared to my friends I own with my boozer..........I have only played brawl a few times but its and OK game I just dislike the hit lag and speed............So which Game did you start with first?
Thanx for participating,
Chriskikz

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wouldn't have been a poll far better for that ...?

Smash 64

And wow, you were 9 when you got Smash 64? O_o
I'm SO old.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
Super smash bros 64, i remember getting it as a kid, then all my friends would come and play it, then my buds sis would own us with pikachu :(

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Super Smash Bros. 64

At first I didn't want to play it, (not a fan of fighting games at the time), but then I saw Kirby, and I just had to play the game because he was in it. I played a few rounds, loved it and played my cosins in this game to whole day. I never got tired of it, and we always played all day.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
SSB 64.
I was so pumped when I finally got the copy, I hid myself in my room for 8 hours and played against some kids in my neighborhood.

Too bad they already had the game for 3 weeks and murdered me. x.x

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Smash 64.
I still play all 3. =P

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Mine was Melee I use to live in SoCal and played alot of street fighter competitively only at the age of 10 through 12 my mom got homesick so we moved back to my hometown eventually I wanted to start my nintendo fanboyism over again so I quit playing any competitive fighter that wasn't on a nintendo system eventually my friends always talked about Super smash bros melee I first thought the game was stupid (you only had four special moves and used items and the stages weren't really used for competitive play) but I always used the saying "Don't knock it until you tried it" so I tried it out after playing non-stop for about 3 hours I started to like the game and im glad I got to play the game but I have never played ssb64 ever.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I wanted 64, and that Pikachu N64, but I never got them.

My first game was SSBM, and the Gamecube was my first Nintendo console- I got it because I wanted to play SSBM.

Aww.. Spayed is an old man.
:)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Started with the N64 of course.

Then Melee

Then Brawl.

Just waiting the day until SSB4 is announced.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
We all gotta start somewhere
True.
I was more into Sega when I was younger, but I saw an article in a Pokemon magazine that showed that game and the Pikachu N64, and I thought "I must have it!"

I got a Playstation, then a PS2, and then found out they were making a sequel on the Gamecube. I ended up getting a Gamecube, getting Melee the following year- it didn't work properly and was the last one in stock, so I had to take it back.
I finally got it used around Feb-March this year, unlocked all characters, got SSBB on release day, and moved onto that.

Life History FTL :laugh:!

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
SSB64. I wanted it so bad that I got it before my birthday. It had Mario fighting other people and it looked cool.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I played SSB64 first, but the first smash bros game I played competitivly was Melee. Then I went back to play SSB64 competitivly, now I'm playing Brawl competitivly.

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
I started with Smash 64...(I actually had 2 copies for some reason, but one I loaned to someone and it mysteriously disappeared) then I never played Melee AT ALL, and then I got Brawl some 4 months after it was released..:laugh:
Im not trying to change you in any way but you should try melee its a pretty good game;)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I've played 64 since I was 7.
However, I didn't get into the competitive scene until Brawl.

Tricent

Smash Rookie
SSB64 scared so much when Jiggly puff came and no one knew about him it was NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING! I was like WTF

M@v

Subarashii!
Started with smash 64 the day it came out. I was nine too...lol. Now im 18 and in college, still playing the smash series.

Ange

Smash Lord
...Melee.

DONT KILL ME.

The first time I saw SSB64 was actually when I was gonna get Melee, so I was pretty much "Oh there is a Super Smash Bros. game on the N64? Well Im getting the one for Gamecube so I guess it isnt worth it."

Or I already had Melee, I really dont remember. In any case, I started with Melee.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I played SSB64 at my friends house but I don't even think I really knew what was going on when I played all I really remember is my friend saying Samus or Falcon was the best character in the game. I don't remember how old I was but he's two years younger than me.

Then I played Melee my freshman year, then got into it seriously a year later and now I play brawl.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Smash 64. My friend rented it for a sleepover party back in like 5th grade or something, and it was awesome. I had to have it, and soon did, mostly because it had Link in it. When I got my Cube, of course I had to have Melee, and loved it, though my friends all kind of stopped playing it after the original, moving on into shooters. I drifted away from it until college, when one of my friends played. We moved on to Soul Calibur 2, mostly because it had Link in it (pattern?). Went back to Melee more and more as Brawl came cloesr, and now we're big into Brawl.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
None other than the original Smash 64, although I got it a good while after release... Melee I played the most, but 64 was one of the 3 most used games in my n64(Smash, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark sharing relatively even time)

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
ssb64 baby!
yeah during the summer mt brother and i would go to our friends house like everyday cuz our parents worked, and thats when i first played smash and goldeneye
it was great 4 player brawls and 4 player split screen with goldeneye
so we soon bought both ssb and goldeneye for our 64
my main was yoshi, we got a gamecube, got melee...my main was yoshi
we saved up...got a wii...got brawl...my main was yoshi =P
so yeah those were the days, i was like 7 and m ybrother was 9 i think..?

Top Bottom