• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Ryu color will you use?

D

Deleted member

I'm just really dissapointed they didn't fit in a couple colors based off other gi-wearing fighters in Street Fighter. When i was checking Ryu out i was digging his first alt color (blue) though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kulty

Smash Ace
My top 3 colors for Ryu without counting the default (which is my true favorite) are 2, 3 and 4. Basically the first four palettes.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
His alt colors are so boring. ;-;

I'm not a big fan of orange that much, so that one is out.

I'm not particularly fond of the 2 blue colors he has as well so they are out.

Silver/grey one has potential but the blue headband kills it for me.

Black on also has potential but I hate that yellow headband.

Salmon one is okayish and I really dig that purple headband.

Green one is also okayish but I'm not sure if I like the headband.

As a result I just stick to default, though I might switch to salmon later.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
black gi yellow headband... for camouflaging downb purposes mainly

shame he has no red skin... oh well, i love the orange 1 cause it resembles dbz characters somehow, but i would rather have that 0.0002% advantage on camouflage haha

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
Haha gotta go Original. I was also hoping, back in the days when only Roy and Ryu's win music was leaked. That Ryu would have model swaps like Bowser Jr and Olimar. You know people like Akuma and Ken. They are roughly the same height and all know the same moves. It would just be getting the different voice clips and different effects. Purple hadoken for Akuma and Flaming shoryuken for Ken. I guess the Final smash would have to change but oh well still happy he got in.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
I always use default Ryu in a Street Fighter / Capcom Vs. title.

But in Smash, I go Gray. Sometimes White or Blue.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I can't decide between goku, black, grey and the salmon color. I might stick with the salmon color just for the purple headband.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just like with my mains, I'm sticking to his default color. I'm not too fancy on using their alt colors.

Although I will say that the lack of Ken's color disturbs me.

Kaneki164

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thawk164
3DS FC
5127-2247-5437
I use orange because of.........well.......Goku.

Someone just had to use the joke already

Last edited:

RyuFan1984

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, new here... Massive Street Fighter and Smash Bros fan so glad to see Ryu in the game.

Anyway the reason I joined was to debate this point. My favourite Ryu colour which was his SFII HF / Turbo colour is Number 3. I have seen this referred to as White / Vanilla in various places... What colour is it meant to be as I always thought he was wearing a Sky Blue outfit?!

Oh also I see number 2 referred to as Grey, but I thought in Championship Edition it was Black with a Blue head band (it just looked grey to show up against dark backgrounds), sort of an opposite to White & Red?

Thoughts?

:) Jim.

Last edited:

RyuFan1984

Smash Rookie
And for what it's worth I only ever used Ryu's original, CE and Turbo outfits.

All the multi colours only came about because Capcom made every button combo a different pallet swap. Most of them don't look very karate like, except maybe Black / Yellow which I think was Ryu's main swap in SFIV.

Top Bottom