• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Nintendo characters would make good Pokemon designs?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Which Nintendo characters, SSB characters or other non Nintendo video game characters would have made good Pokemon designs?
(Assuming they never exited before becoming Pokemon ofcourse).

I think Bowsers' design would have made a great final evolution for a fire Pokemon.
Yoshi seems pretty Pokemon like too. Although I'm not sure what element type he would suite.

Any other ideas?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Mario & Luigi series with it's plethora of unique enemies can provide a ton of pokemon. The Zelda series can also contribute with Wolfos, Bombchus, gorons, dekus etc.

A bit off topic, but when I was thinking of pokemon based on enemies of other series, I tried to imagine Mario, Luigi and Toad as pokemon trainers by editing the trainer sprites. :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They could make the designs inspired (as in, not exactly equal, but similar enough) on such generic enemies.

Kid Icarus had an enemy similar to a Metroid, the Komayto, so it wouldn't be far fetched (pun intended :p) to make something like that in Pokémon. Also, Lakitus have appeared in some Zelda games, although with a slightly different appearance.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I always imagined Bowser to have stats like this-

HP 110
Att 130
Def 140
Spa 100
Spd 45
Spe 45

The 100 spa would simply be so he could use his trademark flamethrower and fire blast super effectively. I imagined him to be a fire/dark type.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Boo should be an alternative evolution for gastly or something. Then evolve into king boo. Idk...

Boo stats

HP: 50
Atk: 60
Def: 50
SpA: 70
SpD. 80
Spe: 70

King Boo

HP: 70
Atk: 70
Def: 80
SpA: 110
SpD: 120
Spe: 100

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I always imagined Bowser to have stats like this-

(snip)

The 100 spa would simply be so he could use his trademark flamethrower and fire blast super effectively. I imagined him to be a fire/dark type.
That spread is very similar to what I imagined for Bowser too! Though, I always thought he should be Fire/Dragon, not Fire/Dark (though he would be capable of learning Dark moves)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
That spread is very similar to what I imagined for Bowser too! Though, I always thought he should be Fire/Dragon, not Fire/Dark (though he would be capable of learning Dark moves)
He's not a dragon though, he's a turtle, which is why I don't think it'd make sense to have that typing.

Dark makes sense to me because he's cunning and he uses dark magic. Plus there's a lot of dark physical moves that make sense on him (eg. crunch).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I always thought Metalun and Big Metalun had a very Pokemon-ish aesthetic. They could evolve into each other.

->

(Note that these pictures are not scaled to size.)

Rollodillo and Sorbetti from Mari Galaxy 2 also have a Pokemon vibe going for them. Rollodillo would be a Rock-Ground and Sorbetti an Ice. Also, Sorbetti's head alone has quite the Gen V vibe, don'tcha think?

Top Bottom