• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which moves to use on ground/close combat?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm a day old d3 and I learned to chaingrab and infinite yesterday, but I'm not sure what to use up close especially against characters like sheik, and meta.

Nokon

Smash Apprentice
I normally only chaingrab if they make the mistake of approaching wrong, such as running up and dash attacking.

The CG is something that I don't run up and do since people either expect it or you become predictable.

As it comes to do when up close : Dtilt and F tilt. They both are fast and have less start up lag compared to his other attacks

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
upthrow to uptilt to uptilt to uptilt (and so on, depends how dumb your opponant is)

Juggle them balls!

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
My favorite way to find out things is to go to youtube and search for Dedede vs. *character matchup I'm interested in here*, and seeing how others play. See what the Dedede does wrong, and what they do right.

To answer the title though, try using jabs, your tilts, or perhaps Dsmash, or my favorite for people that try to rush me, Inhale.

tachyon34

Smash Rookie
uptilt whenever enemy is in air, downtilt when rolling/ preventing enemy fromr olling, f-tilt can be used very well for spacing. pretty much all his titlts are fast and have high priority

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
i have a question, is it better to play him defensivly or aggresivly? he has projectile, he has good range, he is not very fast on the ground or in the air. I'm not a Smash pro but it seems to be good to use him defensevly and let the opponent come to you? sorry if this is a stupid question/been asked before

CO18

Smash Hero
i have a question, is it better to play him defensivly or aggresivly? he has projectile, he has good range, he is not very fast on the ground or in the air. I'm not a Smash pro but it seems to be good to use him defensevly and let the opponent come to you? sorry if this is a stupid question/been asked before
Yeah DDD plays best as a defensive character but you can play him offensively too.

Playing defensively mainly consists of waddle dee spam, ftilt and dtilt to keep him away, up tilt, and shield grabs.

Playing offensively, is really reversed bairs, inhales, and trying to grab them lol.

But if ur just beginnig with him, you should defintley play defensively, its where hes at his best.

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Moves I would reccomend for ground/closehand combat are:

1. Weak forward 'A' attack
2. Weak down 'A ' attack
3. Forward smash
4. Forward 'B' special (waddle dees)

Moves I would reccomend if your opponent is REALLY close:

1. Down smash
2. Up smash (the hitbox for this move is an arc attack ofcourse)
3. Down 'B' special (rocket hammer)
4. 'B 'special (inhale)

Moves I would't use too much for ground/close hand combat:

1. weak 'A' combo attack - I really don't like this move because it's slow and once you start the motion you can't cancel fast enough. Best used only if your opponent is really close, high in damage, and if you know your opponent is going to charge you.

Top Bottom