• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which move is best to use when DI-ing with wario?

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
when I get hit off the stage I usually use fair then jump to slow down momentum. Am I doing it the right way, or is dair/ nair better?

Gichan

Smash Champion
OMG, your sig is incredible! I use dair cause it is an auto fastfall, which helps. but really, in the end, there is no difference between dair and fair.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
OMG, your sig is incredible! I use dair cause it is an auto fastfall, which helps. but really, in the end, there is no difference between dair and fair.
Thanks for the compliment :D

And I'll try Dair and Fair to see which one I like best.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dair is easiest to use b/c it autofastfalls for you. Fair and Dair have the same duration, and are Wario's fastest ending aerials, so they're interchangeable.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I use fair much more than dair for some reason... 0_o

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Bike Braking is a myth. You get the same boost backwards as all other B-moves. You pull out your bike while moving back in the blast zone, you die.
You have to regain control with a momentum cancel, then bike helps.
OR you're on the left side of the stage hit to the right at high percentage. You pull out your bike mid-stage, the boost back doesn't hurt, and you're in control again.
If your opponent hits you away from the stage, bike is a bad option.

Anyway, here is how to DI (with everyone):
During hitlag: Smash the control stick perpendicular to the trajectory, and the c-stick opposite. (Snake's up-tilt: control stick right, c-stick down)
During hitstun: Hold perpendicular to trajectory. Perform your fastest aerial and fastfall.
Wario specific: Mash down on the c-stick. It'll momentum cancel with a dair and auto-fastfall. Fair doesn't let you auto-fastfall and you'll have to sacrifice a few moments of proper DI to fastfall. Only use it if you'd hit your teammate with a dair.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Bike Braking is a myth. You get the same boost backwards as all other B-moves. You pull out your bike while moving back in the blast zone, you die.
You have to regain control with a momentum cancel, then bike helps.
OR you're on the left side of the stage hit to the right at high percentage. You pull out your bike mid-stage, the boost back doesn't hurt, and you're in control again.
If your opponent hits you away from the stage, bike is a bad option.

Anyway, here is how to DI (with everyone):
During hitlag: Smash the control stick perpendicular to the trajectory, and the c-stick opposite. (Snake's up-tilt: control stick right, c-stick down)
During hitstun: Hold perpendicular to trajectory. Perform your fastest aerial and fastfall.
Wario specific: Mash down on the c-stick. It'll momentum cancel with a dair and auto-fastfall. Fair doesn't let you auto-fastfall and you'll have to sacrifice a few moments of proper DI to fastfall. Only use it if you'd hit your teammate with a dair.
LOL that is bike breaking
Even for things like G&W bucket braking you still gotta FF a Nair first
You always gotta airdodge/FFAerial or it's no good lol

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
LOL that is bike breaking
Even for things like G&W bucket braking you still gotta FF a Nair first
You always gotta airdodge/FFAerial or it's no good lol
Yeah, but Fiction's answer of "Bike" was incorrect, or at least incomplete.
Also, you don't HAVE to FF a nair to bucket brake, it just lets you do it sooner. Bucket doesn't have the negative boost.
DO NOT bike out of hitstun.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
In that sense, your answer of "Bike Braking is a myth" was also incorrect / incomplete. And why wouldn't you FF a Nair if it lets you pull out the bucket sooner? There's no legitimate reason not to, so I'd say that you might as well have to or you're not receiving the full benefits of bucket braking. That's like saying you don't HAVE to DI to survive an attack, but it helps. I'd rather say you have to, just to build up that good habit.

Top Bottom