• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Mega Man X game is your favorite?

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I just got that Mega Man X Collection game for the PS2, and I have Mega Man X (1) for my SNES and I love it. I just beat Mega Man X 2 and it was really hard (I forgot how hard the series is lol), and now I started Mega Man X 3...I don't really care for it (but I only played it for about an hour, so I can't judge it yet). But the music isn't as good (you can notice when the song repeats which is annoying :(), and the bosses are a lot bigger than the bosses in the preceeding games. My point of this thread is, noted by the title, which one is your personal favorite and please state a reason why, not just the classic, "cuz I said so." A reason could be the music of a specific level, a favorite boss, power, color of Mega Man X w/ power (cheesy but some colors look cool on him), etc. You get the point; discuss!!!

~rh

Smash Lord
Rockman X5 = <3

Well, because it was my first X game on the PSX, and I just love the music. The bosses are awesome as well.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
X5 baby. it was my second megaman game after rockman 3 for NES. the replay value is tremendous since you can just go back and collect all the pieces for other suits and such. plus black zero is awesome.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Mega Man X(1) for the SNES, it was the only one I played. I had a lot of fun with the game, and now I'm playing the Battle Network series.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Megaman X5. Bosses weren't half as stupid as they normally are which is a plus for a Megaman game, music was above average, had plenty of collectibles, good stage design for the most part, and Zero doesn't suck. Not to say X5 didn't have its faults, all the X's had their faults let me tell you, but this one seems to have the most pluses out of them all to make up for it.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
X4, because playing with Zero from the beginning was pretty cool, there's a boss named Dragoon that uses Ryu's moves, also, X's plasma gun was own, win and **** at the same time.

Oh and there's some anime-like cinematics with horrible voice dialogs that you just gotta see.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
sounds like X3 is horrible, and X5 is epic win; looks like a got a lot to forward to...good discussions/comments, keep it up :)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Hmm.....I haven't quite played all the MegaMan games; but out of them all for me it' a tie between X1 for SNES and x4 for PS1. The bosses were a blast in both games. In X1 my favorite was Spark Mandrill and in X4 I'd have to say either Slash Beast or Magma Dragoon. X2 is the most difficult for me; I still have to get past all 3 of the side bosses before the big one which I think is Sigma. Bosses were also very tough in this one (Crystal Snail, Magna Centepede) X1 I'm stuck on Sigma where his head goes in the machine and X4 is the only MegaMan game I've beaten. I haven't played X5 but it sounds like a classic. Too bad I no longer have a Playstation; just a Wii.

I might be able to beat these games now though if I still had the systems. Last time I played X2 was around 1998-1999 and X1 was around 2000.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
A tie on X5 & X6 for me.
-Both had a cool soundtrack & some tricky levels(Awesome classic & X game remixes used for boss levels)
-Tougher bosses are Xtream/Hard difficulty
-X5 had different paths for the story which makes different endings.I thought that was very cool.X6 like X4,X5 & all above (not X8) also had different ending based on who you start a new game as.Sigma was insane looking on X5 & X6 in his final form. :psycho:
Love the Ultimate Armor & the Black Zero armor.

@SharkAttack - You do know that the X Collection is on the Gamecube as well,don't you?You can play it since the Wii can play Gamecube games.Just wondering.

Top Bottom