• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Link will you favor most?

Which Link will you favor most?

• Link

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Young Link

Votes: 81 49.1%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 32 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yes it appears Young Link is a heavy favourite. Well good for him deserves it I guess.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Poor Toon Link being wrecked by public opinion.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Not the biggest fan of BotW as a Zelda or the new design, and Young Link may be closest to the original moveset.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I've always been terrible with Toon Link, so he's definitely off the list. As for Young Link, I did like him better than Adult Link in Melee, so I'll consider giving him a shot.

The Link I'm most looking forward to trying is Breath of the Wild Link. Not only does he have the Remote Bombs, which I like better than the timed bombs, he can also pick up the arrows he fired and throw them. I also think it's interesting that he grabs normally now. Gale Boomerang is gone, but oh well; time passes, things change. I've never been the aggressive type of player; I very much prefer the zoning-based fighters.

So yeah, I vote Link.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I'm guessing the reason people are picking Young Link is because they missed him from Melee.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link was my preferred Link in both Brawl and 4, so I'm sticking with him for Ultimate. Guess it also helps that my favorite Zeldas are ones that have Toon Link, like Wind Waker and Minish Cap

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
I really like Link and Young Link as characters in there respective games. So it will be one of them. Toon-Link was always to annoying in my opinion. The reason Link only was a secondary in Smash4 for me was because I didn't like his projectile based gameplay that much. But in Ultimate he seems to be more sword based which is my favorite playstyle so I give him the edge over Young Link. Of course I will try out both for some time. But for now Link is my preferred main besides Wolf.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Toon Link is last place? Why do my favorite characters of all time always get left in the dust?
Hey... at least your favorite character got to be in more than one Smash game in a row.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The way I see it, Adult/BOTW Link will the heavy hitter that sets up traps and spaces with his sword, Young Link will be the most aggressive Link with faster movement speed and projectiles more suited to a direct assault, and Toon Link is still the floaty zoner that uses projectiles to set up combos.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I'm guessing the reason people are picking Young Link is because they missed him from Melee.
That and I liked playing Young Link way more than Link back in Melee. Link was very fun to play for me in 64. He was very fun there. Only time I ever played regular Link often.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Most excited for Young Link.

BotW Link looks really interesting and I'm glad they have taken such liberties with the character, but I'm far too nostalgic with Young Link. At least I have two that I can pick up, get a feel for, and choose from. Sorry Toon Link, I love Wind Waker but he's just not for me.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If I had to pick one, I would go for :ultlink:. However, I do not mind using him along with :ulttoonlink: & :ultyounglink:. I really do not want to be a part of the Young Link bandwagon (nothing against his fans, I just do not want to see him be a reason top Links in SSB4 want to ditch him, aside from T, Scizor and Cat in particular).

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'm going with regualr Link, but I'd use him in the more traditional green costume. I never cared much for the blue outfit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Toon Link as usual, but BOTW Link is looking extremely fun to use

D

Deleted member

Looking forward to using Link and all his alternate costumes going to be a blast, to try and figure how he plays. But going to have fun trying ha.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Not Toon Link. I tried to use him in Brawl and Sm4sh, but he's just too floaty for me. Link is looking pretty cool in Ultimate, but Young Link finally made a return. I was never any variation of a Link main, so I'll try out Link and Y. Link, and that'll determine if I even plan on using either of them.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Link has been a consistent main throughout the whole series for me and this game will be no different. Young Link I will use to go back to Link's old play style.

Toon Link, I don't like him at all.

D

Deleted member

I will try to use Young Link and Toon Libk heck I'll try to use all the other characters. I know Mario and Link will be my mains, Olimar too. But Link will be a blast to use, as ever.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll be sticking with Toon Link like always. Never really liked the feel of Link's weight, but Toon Link immediately clicked for me. Although, I may pick Link to play casually here or there this time around because his exploding bombs are a lot of fun. I'm very curious about Young Link. I'll have to try him out too, but I'm pretty sure I'll still main Toon Link above all else.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Extremely difficult for me to pick tbh...In smash 4 I occasionally used both Links every once in a while and I've never played Melee so I'm not sure about Young Link. I do really enjoy the Young Link has the infinite though, so maybe young link?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Genuinely curious about Young Link’s rapid sword swing and whether it’s gonna be on more than what seems to be his jab combo.

He’s probably my number one of the three but I think BotW Link’s new tools are neat too, and I love Toon Link’s unique explosion animations.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Young Link since i’ve always been a big Majora’s Mask fan, i just wish he was more inspired by that game, i mean Young Link does not uses hookshot or bow in OoT and would have made more sense to give him his MM weapons.

Link’s changes look very cool too so i will try him out.

\\ArT oF wAr//

Smash Rookie
NNID
GibleLikesToBite
I have never mained link in smash history, but this link from BOTW seems much better for me to try out. Remote bombs allow me to be more creative. Picking up an arrow to fire 2 arrows is nice. The damage, range and sound effect from boomerang is crazy. His ariels have no lag. The best thing for me is he has an option to get closer now with a regular grab. After watching Otakunis link, link fights like a gladiator. He’s gonna be so hype. He’s my next main.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
For me it's too early to say, to be honest. In Melee, I've always preferred Young Link. In Brawl and Smash 4, I've always preferred regular Link. But regular Link has been changed quite a bit now, I think the changes will make him feel like a completely different character now compared to Young Link and Toon Link. I doubt I'll be playing Toon Link all that much still, so it'll depend on how it feels to play regular Link compared to Young Link in this one, though I'm currently more interested in trying Young Link as the Hero of Time was always my personal favourite incarnation of Link and I'm just happy to have that version of him back in Smash Bros. But regular Link could still be more played. And who knows, maybe Toon Link will surprise me enough in that I'll play him more instead. It's really too early to tell.

For now, my vote goes to the Hero of Time.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
In melee for whatever reason I was terrible with Link but was really good with Young Link and it was the same in Brawl too (but with Toon instead of Young)

Nakamura

Smash Cadet
Toon Link for sure, his fast playstyle suits me and his buffs are better then BOTW link IMO

D

Deleted member

Well good too see all the Links doing well nice Shinsuke Nakamura picture. Nakamura Yeaoh!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I was torn between using Link and Young Link, but now that I've actually got the option to try the new Link, it's most probably gonna be Young Link. I want something closer to the old Link moveset I'm used to using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom