• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which items that weren't on SSBBrawl would you like to see in SSB4?

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see the return of red shells, the cloaking devices (invisibility). Also Blue Shells and Vega's claws (if possible)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
A Rock.

Like just imagine, amongst all the craziness of Mario throwing fire around and Link tossing his boomerang and Bowser slamming all over the stage, Marth randomly picks up a ****ing rock from the ground and knocks Mario in the head throwing it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
A Rock.

Like just imagine, amongst all the craziness of Mario throwing fire around and Link tossing his boomerang and Bowser slamming all over the stage, Marth randomly picks up a ****ing rock from the ground and knocks Mario in the head throwing it.
It stuns Mario for a second. Mario Glares at Marth, smashes a soccer ball in Marth's face. :troll:

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
A Rock.

:XD:
Anyways, maybe in addition to the rock, we can have other crap from mother nature. Instead of picking a Light Saber (y'know it's a light saber), have Luigi use a friggin' treebranch! The difference can be the treebranch will snap if it gets attacked too much.

splat

Smash Lord
I would like to see the Parasol return. Same for the Red Shell.

For something more original, here's something I came up with the other day:

Iron Boots (Legend of Zelda)
An item that the player can pick up and equip much like the Franklin Badge or the Bunny Hood. The Iron Boots give the player a bit more traction and keep him from tripping.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
^tripping was a lousy mechanic from the get-go and rather than have an item that stops it from happening, it needs to be removed permanently.

unless you mean tripping caused by something like diddy's banana's, but as far as the random tripping goes, that should be the first thing sakurai removes from the game.

splat

Smash Lord
^tripping was a lousy mechanic from the get-go and rather than have an item that stops it from happening, it needs to be removed permanently.

unless you mean tripping caused by something like diddy's banana's, but as far as the random tripping goes, that should be the first thing sakurai removes from the game.
I don't think Sakurai sees Smash as the competitive game as most of the people here do, but more of a fun game where you should laugh playing it. I've had too many funny moments due to tripping. While I too would like to see it being less random, I don't think Sakurai agrees (though I can never know for sure, he and I never exchanged thoughts).

I would love to see tripping because of dashing removed, but keep the tripping possibilities on the moves that have them now (most dtilts, bananas etc.).

I thought the item would be a nice touch.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I want to see the Party Block (Mario Party games) in smash 4. It could give you a certain amount of items ranging from 1-10.

Also I'd like to see the Red Cap from Super Mario 64. It would give the whole cast the ability to glide until the red cap theme ends.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Carlo_H.Luz: We already have a thread for item suggestions, but this thread could be treated as a returning items thread if it got renamed.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sakurai has full understanding that the game is competitive; his idea of how to build around that is skewed though. To Sakurai, the goal of competition is "To let long-time veterans and newcomers alike compete on the same field," which is just an impossible goal as the metagame revolves not around technical level, but around decision making skills and deeper-level thinking that requires a long-term commitment to understanding the underlying principles of the game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Bring Parasol back please. I love that thing so much.
Yup. Parasol was awesome. I'd also like to see the Screw Attack work like it did in Melee, i.e. as a pickup item rather than a badge. If Balloon Fighter appears, I could see the flipper maybe making a comeback as well.

I don't miss the Red Shell. Or the Invisibility Cloak. Or the Barrel Cannon. Those can stay gone.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I loved the Parasol since I enjoy falling slowly, it really should be brought back. Though I think you should be able to grab the ledge backwards with it. :p

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I just wonder what the new major Item for SSB4 will be, Brawl's major item was the Smash Ball. A new item that has abbilities for each characters.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If Snake (either MGS2 Solid, Old, Naked/Big Boss) make's it into Smash 4 then I'd like to see different types of food rations as healing items, and one spoiled ration that will damage you.

:phone:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I also want enemies to randomly pop out of containers again, like in Melee.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Microphone from Kirby would be an epic item. Blow into it and everybody on the screen will be damaged like Mike Kirby's ability.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
What about enemies randomly appearing out of boxes when you break them? Happened in Melee.
That's exactly what I said. Perhaps they could be added to the Item Switch. That way they can be turned on/off and increased/decreased in frequency.

The Microphone from Kirby would be an epic item. Blow into it and everybody on the screen will be damaged like Mike Kirby's ability.
That would only work with the Wii U GamePad though, wouldn't it? A lot of people don't plan to use that. Unless you're talking about the 3DS version, in which case that is entirely possible.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I think he means your character blows into it :urft:

On that line of thought though, a POW block would be pretty cool. Like, how it is in Mario Kart where it appears above everyone but you, then after the block bounces up twice, everyone but you takes a mild amount of damage and trips/falls out of the air/ground bounces/whatever unless they're shielding/dodging. It would be a cool way to set up frame traps or force situations without being an instant, unstoppable thing.

It would pick up like the metal box, where you can either directly pick it up, or hit it with an attack.

Oh, and if you get hit by an enemy before it goes off, the POW above their head disappears.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I think he means your character blows into it :urft:

On that line of thought though, a POW block would be pretty cool. Like, how it is in Mario Kart where it appears above everyone but you, then after the block bounces up twice, everyone but you takes a mild amount of damage and trips/falls out of the air/ground bounces/whatever unless they're shielding/dodging. It would be a cool way to set up frame traps or force situations without being an instant, unstoppable thing.

It would pick up like the metal box, where you can either directly pick it up, or hit it with an attack.

Oh, and if you get hit by an enemy before it goes off, the POW above their head disappears.
Derp. I took it far too literally. Whoops.
Anyway, POW Block is also a wonderful idea. I want it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I already said parasol should some back, but I'd also love to see the flipper return, especially if Balloon Fighter becomes playable.

I think It'd be cool if there were regular weapons that could be picked up, like Bows/arrows and swords and stuff. It's the only way I can think of to bring in an item from Fire Emblem.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd like all items from Brawl plus the removed ones: Flipper, Barrel Cannon, Red Shell, Cloaking Device and Parasol.

Of course, I also want new items to join those already in.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
There's a ton of Zelda series items that could be crazy.

How much fun would it be to have the wrecking ball from Twilight Princess?

Or the Wind Waker to mess with people who spend too much time in the air?

Top Bottom