• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which DLCs did you buy? (Updated with September 30th DLCs)

Of all current released DLC so far, which of them did you get on either version?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 147 91.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 140 87.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 145 90.1%
  • Ryu + Suzaku Catle stage

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • Dream Land stage

Votes: 130 80.7%
  • Peach's castle stage

Votes: 111 68.9%
  • Hyrule Castle stage

Votes: 113 70.2%
  • SSB T-shirt Mii outfit

Votes: 32 19.9%
  • Link Mii costume

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Majora's Mask Mii hat

Votes: 28 17.4%
  • Mega Man X Mii costume

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Proto Man Mii costume

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Dunban Mii costume

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Cat Mii costume

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Monkey Mii costume

Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Isabelle Mii costume

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • MegaMan.EXE Mii costume

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • Zero Mii costume

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Inkling Mii costume

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • Inkling squid Mii hat

• Akira Mii costume

• Jacky Mii costume

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • Heihachi Mii costume

• Hoodie Mii outfit

• Bear Mii costume

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • King K. Rool Mii costume

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • Flying Man Mii costume

• Chrom Mii costume

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Black Knight Mii costume

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Lloyd Mii costume

• Samus Mii costume

• I didn't download any DLC

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Super Mario Maker stage

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Pirate Ship stage

• Business Mii outfit

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Toad Mii costume

• Viridi Mii costume

• Monster Hunter Mii costume

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Rathalos Mii costume

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Fox Mii costume

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Captain Falcon Mii costume

• Total voters

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm looking for data on which DLCs are the most downloaded among Super Smash Bros. fans, so I created this thread. For example, at which rate characters usually sell for? What about stages? What are the most popular Mii costumes?

Personally, I bought all the characters and all the stages. More characters in always fun, and I don't think I'm ever going to skip any specific character unless I have a strong distaste for this character in particular. I also bought all the stages, though while I bought Dream Land and Peach's Castle on both 3DS and Wii U because I like their layout and gimmick, Hyrule Castle has a harder time convincing me... The only reason why I bought it is because I have a friend who was very happy to learn that it was coming back, but otherwise I don't care about it, so it was only a purchase on the Wii U version for me.

For Mii costumes, I generally don't buy them because I usually don't like to spend my money on purely cosmetic DLC, but King K. Rool might be my first exception. I'm not sure on whether it's a deconfirmation or a way for Nintendo to gauge his popularity, but as a K. Rool supporter I'll buy it with the later mindset.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I haven't bought any DLC yet, solely because of lack interest of my part. Mewtwo was free because I have both versions of the game, but otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Lucas is nice, but I will not play him so why bother. Ryu is meh and Roy is literally garbage, so...

I do want the DLC stages, though :D but I am hoping for a "Stage DLC pack" or something to be released.

I have bought all the characters and Suzaku Castle (which was bundled with Ryu) for both versions and Dream Land for Wii U version only. I'll probably buy Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle when next characters are released.

Last edited:

LiX

Smash Rookie
I bought all the stuff (characters+stages+costumes), but that's just because I am a crazy completist type of person. I don't play many games on the Wii U, those I play I invest much of my relax time into. So instead of buying many different games I don't play long, I invest more cash into those that that have me busy long term. That's my logic, atleast.

I didn't get any DLC (except Mewtwo, of course) on my 3DS. I don't play that enough to justify spending the cash there.

Said

Smash Rookie
i hate buying DLC , if im paying 60$ for a single game i want everything , trying to get more money out of me nintendo. its just a nit pick though

_gold_

Smash Master
I've bought all DLC, and I plan on buying anything else in the future.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I still have yet to buy any DLC with the e-shop card I got last Xmas.
Waiting for Wolf, then maybe Mewtwo

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Stages and characters are the only DLC I care about. The only Mii costume I've bought was King K. Rool's, but that's it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Characters, stages, and Chrom costume for me. :D

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
I don't do DLC. Gonna get nickled and dimed to death.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I've bought all new stages and characters. Considering how much time I put into this game, it's a no brainer even though I don't plan to main any of the DLC characters. Plus I definitely needed Dreamland for tourney practice since it's tourney legal.

As for the mii costumes, I haven't bought any. I don't understand the point since I don't play the miis. And you can't even play miis on for glory, which is stupid. If I could buy additional cosmetics / alternate costumes that could be applied to any character and used online, I would actually be tempted.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Technically, I haven't "bought" any of the DLC put out so far since I haven't actually shelled out any cash for them. I have Mewtwo, yes, but that's only because of the free Club Nintendo offer. I might get the 64 stages, but that's the only current DLC I'm planning on forking over any bucks for. I'm completely boycotting DLC Mii Costumes because paying for simple aesthetic changes is just plain stupid (that and I literally never use the miis to begin with), and I'm only planning on picking up stages and/or characters that I think look fun, or they look like I'll actually use them. Some may think me a stingy *****, but I'm not going to just blindly throw cash at the screen for a character I know I'm probably never going to even put my cursor on in the CSS, regardless of how much I want to support the developers.

Last edited:

IKEMUTULI

Smash Rookie
NNID
CodeNameDexter
I only got the Roy and Lucas DLC (because Lucas was my Brawl main and I wanted to try out Roy). I'm planning to get Ryu and the Dreamland stage, though.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Like the OP and others, I only bought new characters and stages, though I only have the Wii U version, as I do not own a handheld newer than the GameBoy Advance. Mii fighter costumes seem pointless to me at this time.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Other than Wolf and Mewtwo, if I have any balance left, I'll get my hands on the Smash 64 Link course. Only other course than that I'd put money out for is he Corneria course from Melee.

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
I've got Lucas, Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu/Suzaku castle and all other stages released. I plan on getting all future character and stage DLC. I don't get Mii costume DLC as I find it pointless, Miis are quite boring for me.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
They should release ryu without the stage. It's garbage. I almost didn't buy dreamland but once I saw it had fountain of dreams, I had to buy it.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
They should release ryu without the stage. It's garbage. I almost didn't buy dreamland but once I saw it had fountain of dreams, I had to buy it.
Wait.....Ryu came with a stage?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I bought everything except for the mii outfits. Unless there's a mii costume of a character I absolutely want in Smash, I'll probably never buy them.

Last edited:

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but we bought all of it on Wii U aside from Mewtwo since he was free. I didn't put in a vote because I'm too lazy to click every single option :drfacepalm:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I got all the stages and characters since the add new gameplay, but gave the costumes a miss.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
All the characters, all the stages and all the MM-based outfits + Lloyd's costume

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I admit I bought all the bundles.
Everything.
Same here. Originally I didn't want to buy the costumes, but I couldn't stop myself from buying the first pack of costumes and now I buy everything only for the sake of completion. For both versions. :(

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I haven't bought any DLC yet, solely because of lack interest of my part. Mewtwo was free because I have both versions of the game, but otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Lucas is nice, but I will not play him so why bother. Ryu is meh and Roy is literally garbage, so...

I do want the DLC stages, though :D but I am hoping for a "Stage DLC pack" or something to be released.
Why is Roy garbage?

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I only got the characters and stages. Mii outfits don't interest me as much because they're purely visual.

ewItsBoo

Smash Cadet
Technically I didn't buy Mewtwo, I got his code from Club Nintendo since I registered 3DS and Wii U before the deadline. I bought the other 3 characters + Dream Land, and that's it. Peach and Hyrule didn't really grab onto me, plus, they're not tourney legal.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I bought all of the characters and all of the stages and a few costumes.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I got Mewtwo at no extra cost, as I bought both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game, and I've bought all of the character and stage DLC for both versions. I never buy the Mii costumes, but I did make an exception for the King K. Rool one (again, for both versions), in order to show some support for a much-missed character.

If they made some extra cosmetic/costume alts for the non-Mii fighters, and one of them was Masked Dedede (quite literally just the Masked variant for all of the existing eight colours, in the same fashion as Little Mac's wireframe set), I would buy that outfit, too, as Dedede is my main.

Top Bottom