• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Custom Moves would be the best?

They missed an oppurtunity to call Lazy Fruit Sneaky Fruit, right?

• Freaky Fruit and Sneaky Fruit!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • They should of just kept Freaky Fruit Crazy Fruit .

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It's fine as is.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Multiple votes were an accident.

I really don't know, i use 2112, but which ones are the best in your opinion?

Bonus Fruit: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Bonus_Fruit explains it perfectly.
1 is normal, straightforward, easy to control and generally the strongest per hit. Like fast spinning key, slwo moving strong melon, and straight->loop->45 degree ship.
2 Takes longer to charge and is slightly weaker, but moves in the most WTF and stupid ways that you'll have a fun time avoiding them. LIike super bounce apple, sniping orange and insta-meteor key.
3. (it was Lazy to call them Lazy fruit).The weakest, but usually can hit more than once, and lingers, meaning it's just locking out a part of the stage unless you like constant damage.. Holy crap the key and ship are epic. like the looping trapping ship, the slow spinning key, and the rising bell(rising up slow then falling down quickly)

Power Pellet: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Power_Pellet
1. Goes far, does good damage, damage scales with pellet amount, and the boost afterwards is the perfect stall.
2. More pellets come out in the same time, meaning more navigation. At the end, your boost in ay weaker in damage and range, going almost nowhere.
3. The move takes twice as long to deploy and makes 2 pellets max. They are surrounded by a vortex with a vaccum effect. this move with all pellet deployed can K.O at 80% (O_O)

Pac-Jump: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Pac-Jump
1. Jumps pretty much go from a small jump to one twice, then 3 times as high, after which you just drop helpless. gr8 stage control, lets you charge vitamin C.
2. About 2.5 times as high as the first jump, but doesn't stay and never goes any higher.
3. All three jumps are like the first jump, but the red trampoline meteor smashes you.

Fire Hydrant: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Fire_Hydrant
1. Upon contact dbegin spraying 2 spouts of water that afects Pac-Man. Has 12% before is goes flying.
2. (They should call this one Liar Hydrant) Being hit by this does fire damage and more damage. sends out 3 bursts pof fire, one last one literasly an instant before disappearing. Hurts Pac.
3.Upon contact explodes, or after a set drop.

Which ones are the best? If my description is too bias or not descriptive enough, ssbwiki may help.

Last edited:

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
The only custom I'm using currently is On-Fire Hydrant; it increases the overall survival ability of the Hydrant, since the opponent is much less likely to rush blindly into it if the penalty is damage and knockback rather than simply being pushed backwards.
Distant Power Pellet is also an option if you'd like to chase your opponent farther down the stage; however, this severely limits its use as a potent killing move, since the Power Pellet at the end of the move gives you super armor, and thus very hard to counteract.

Dire Hydrant has an interesting niche; it decreases Pac's overall zoning ability, but increases his offensive capability. This also lends to his ability to gimp opponents off the ledge, although I'm not too sure about the actual necessity of this ability; with his amazing recovery, he shouldn't particularly need a projectile to do it.

SN3AK

Smash Cadet
I think its a toss up betweeen 1 and 3 for the down B, Dire Hydrant is nice off stage, but the combos that can be pulled off from a water burst from fire hydrant are pretty hilarious

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
NinjaLink seemed pretty down on the On-Fire Hydrant, but personally I like that one best for stage control. Default is good against poor recoveries or poor mobility in general, but I think the On-Fire is more threatening, especially because it lasts longer. I'm not a world-class player by any means, but that's been my impression.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Only custom that's been worth it for me is On-Fire Hydrant, especially in doubles. The fire it spouts has surprisingly good knockback, making it another KO option. When it's sent flying, I think it has slightly more knockback than the regular hydrant as well.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I found with testing, that custom three is a good choice for up-B. Granted it does shorten our awesome recovery going deep, but, with option two of the side b, it is a non issue. I also found that the meteor effect more effective on stage then the default as it allow you to follow up and rack damage, and when not burying them, it still knocks them in a good spot for a fair. You can also set it up off stage and knock them into it, but this is a bit more difficult to achieve and would be easier in doubles.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Aether Drive = Improves Ike's recovery options and STILL combos from Dthrow and Uthrow at medium percentages.
Close Combat = Essentially a much more safer version of quick draw. And that means that Ike has more options for a more aggro or read gameplay.

EDIT. Oh crap wrong thread.

Last edited:

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Aether Drive = Improves Ike's recovery options and STILL combos from Dthrow and Uthrow at medium percentages.
Close Combat = Essentially a much more safer version of quick draw. And that means that Ike has more options for a more aggro or read gameplay.

EDIT. Oh crap wrong thread.
Yep we are on to you -_-

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I'd keep the normal fruit, but Freaky Fruit might be good to trip them up for a single match.
My friends, some of which play competitively, manage to recognize which Special i'm using by color and i completely whiff my normals, but have yet to get around any of the fruit other than Key and Apple. I think it can confuse or trouble people even after they get used to it. You might be right, but why exactly should i choose normal fruit? Damage?

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
My friends, some of which play competitively, manage to recognize which Special i'm using by color and i completely whiff my normals, but have yet to get around any of the fruit other than Key and Apple. I think it can confuse or trouble people even after they get used to it. You might be right, but why exactly should i choose normal fruit? Damage?
It is picking your effects for the fruit. You may prefer the default over the meteor key for example because of its straight shot and range. Damage is a part of it too of course. If you have people able to read what you are doing with default though, it might be as simple as using Hydrant to influence the trajectory.

As anyone tested how the custom fruit are influenced by hydrant? This is an important thing to know.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
@Poll: I just wish they had named one of the options "Juicy Fruit".

Anyway, I use all defaults primarily, but I have extra loads with the two hydrant variations that I use on occasion. Pac-Man's one of the few characters who I think has all perfectly viable default specials, while still having incredibly useful custom options.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
@Poll: I just wish they had named one of the options "Juicy Fruit".

Anyway, I use all defaults primarily, but I have extra loads with the two hydrant variations that I use on occasion. Pac-Man's one of the few characters who I think has all perfectly viable default specials, while still having incredibly useful custom options.
I agree. Apart from Meteor Trampoline, they're all really good at something. Crazy Fruit will give you af un time running around trying to dodge it, Lazy Fruit will lock down a certain part of the stage, Distant Pellet makes dodging easier, Enticing Pellet K.Os at 80%, Power Tramp is extremely high stuff, Dire Hydrant is very strong, and Liar(On-Fire) Hydrant burns the for good damage and pressure more since the price to pay is damage not a windbox.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Meteor Trampoline also spikes people who are below the trampoline whenever someone bounces on it, and is thus the most convenient meteor smash Pac-Man has access to, albeit a rather weak one.

His recovery is plenty good enough with just side B alone, so the loss of extra height on the repeated jumps isn't too big of an issue.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
The Meteor Trampoline is also extremely good as another zoning tool on stage. Up-B out of shield suddenly becomes a very large threat.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
NinjaLink seemed pretty down on the On-Fire Hydrant, but personally I like that one best for stage control. Default is good against poor recoveries or poor mobility in general, but I think the On-Fire is more threatening, especially because it lasts longer. I'm not a world-class player by any means, but that's been my impression.
I have no issues with the on-fire hydrant. Its just at the time I kept getting interrupted while explaining pacmans moves that it was irritating me. I had to constantly start over to explain.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Lazy fruit has the potential to make Pac a hyper-offensive threat since all the fruit can be easily grabbed and z-dropped to pressure shields along with his hydrant and spaced arials. The orange does 10% when dropped and the melon does 15%, not to mention the Galaga ship hits twice! I'm going to do more testing with this custom set.

Last edited:

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Has anyone tried a "stage control" set with Lazy Fruit, On-Fire Hydrant and Meteor Trampoline? It's a bit hard to master, but I can feel the opponent being much more careful.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
On fire hydrant definitely feels like one of his better customs. It has wayy more knockback than the normal hydrant when launched at the opponent, and makes the opponent respect our space more. Also, even the fire has excellent knockback

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Distant Power Pellet is brill and should have been the default.
Not really, you have no super armor, and your whole path is telegraphed. It is ridiculously easy to punish or avoid. The only advantage is as a tech chase as it is faster, but a well used default side b is much much stronger. It also kills.

Spirst

Seeing as how there's a sticky to discuss Pacman's custom moves, I don't see the point in having this one still be around and open. Going to lack it for organization sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom