• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller will you use?

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
that's the one I signed the petition for.
yeah i kinda like it better but missing a power button otherwise its good even though the gamecube dident sell well they can still make em

Dread Fighter

Smash Rookie
NNID
pammygayle
3DS FC
0130-3036-4347
I don't mind the Pro Controller though or even the gamepad works.

Last edited:

RODO

Smash Ace
The beauty of Nintendo is that they give you so many control options. Let's all rejoice in playing smash with the controller of our choosing.

D

Deleted member 245254

The beauty of Nintendo is that they give you so many control options. Let's all rejoice in playing smash with the controller of our choosing.
Smash 3DS fans have bone to pick with you...

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Ehhhhm i was planning to get a pro controller for ssb4 but now the gamecube adapter is relesed i might get one of those. Everyone say that the gamecube controller is awesome but seriysly the pro controller seems to be better. Help anyone?

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Ehhhhm i was planning to get a pro controller for ssb4 but now the gamecube adapter is relesed i might get one of those. Everyone say that the gamecube controller is awesome but seriusly the pro controller seems to be better. Help anyone?
Crap dubble post, sry.

Last edited:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
I'll try with the Pro Controller. I'm looking to get Pro Controllers for general Wii U games. If it turns out the GC controller works best, I'll look to get that later.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
WiiU Pro Controller or the Gamepad. Unless they announce a GC 4 port USB dongle. But still probably Pro Controller so I don't lose too much in transfer from WiiU to 3ds and vice versa.
Welp. Looks like I've been adjusting with the classic controller for no reason haha.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Smash 3DS fans have bone to pick with you...
Not every handheld can claim to have 3 controller options :v
2DS, 3DS & 3DSXL

Also, I'll still be using the glorious Gamepad since I own zero GCN controllers, although I might be tempted to get one just because of the amazing Smash logo.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't understan how the GC controller is better then the pro one. Can someone pls explain?
It's not better it's just how it feels that is better for more poeple. I like it because of the grop and the button placement but the pro controller is very good too. You can enjoy more the pro controller which doesn't make the GC controller better for you. Actually the better is what you like not what is popular.

I was going to use the pro controller which was good enough but now, I will use the GC controller because I like it more therefore it;s better for me.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
ill still be using wiimote+nunchuck, but ill keep a pocket gc controller.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Since Nintendo went through the trouble of making a Wii U Gamecube adaptor and new GC Controllers...
And since I'm pretty much buying a Wii U for SSB4...

It's only natural that I go with a Gamecube controller.

I had considered switching to Classic Controller Pro U, though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm getting very attached to the Wii U Pro Controller ever since I got it so I'm DEFINITELY going with that.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Is it fair to say this thread's obsolete? I mean, now's there's no limitation to what anybody can play, but GC is the most optimal.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Isn't there? While the response time between a wireless and wired are pretty close, wired controllers are technically faster, right?
Objectively they have the fastest response time, assuming that there is no input lag from the adapter. (It won't have any most likely)

But optimal comes down to preference because of what people are used to.

Individual B might be more proficient with the Wii remote + Nunchuk, making the Gamecube controller not optimal for them.

Individual C might be fixated on using the Wii U controller Pro and will drill that controller into his hands. This will make this controller his most optimal.

Individual A might of never owned a gamecube controller and only have Wii remotes and the gamepad. This one will probably be optimal with the gamepad.

Individual D has 7 different colors of gamecube controllers and bought 4 mayflash adapters for Smash 4 in advance. I think its safe to say that his optimal controller is the xbox controller.:troll: Gamecube controller.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Isn't there? While the response time between a wireless and wired are pretty close, wired controllers are technically faster, right?
If by "pretty close" you mean "pretty much indiscernible to human senses" then sure, but it's a non-issue. Several fractions of a millisecond are not even enactable by a humans perception of timing.

It basically eliminates that as an argument.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
If by "pretty close" you mean "pretty much indiscernible to human senses" then sure, but it's a non-issue. Several fractions of a millisecond are not even enactable by a humans perception of timing.

It basically eliminates that as an argument.
Objectively they have the fastest response time, assuming that there is no input lag from the adapter. (It won't have any most likely)

But optimal comes down to preference because of what people are used to.

Individual B might be more proficient with the Wii remote + Nunchuk, making the Gamecube controller not optimal for them.

Individual C might be fixated on using the Wii U controller Pro and will drill that controller into his hands. This will make this controller his most optimal.

Individual A might of never owned a gamecube controller and only have Wii remotes and the gamepad. This one will probably be optimal with the gamepad.

Individual D has 7 different colors of gamecube controllers and bought 4 mayflash adapters for Smash 4 in advance. I think its safe to say that his optimal controller is the xbox controller.:troll: Gamecube controller.
While I agree that optimal is not always the best for everyone, I do believe people should adapt to the best possible option when needed. If the GC does have more lag in Smash 4, I'll switch to whatever has the least, despite how negligible it seems.

I'll take any advantage I can get. Even one that I can't notice. :grin:

Sojuman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sojuman
I will be using the GC controller. I'm going to buy 2 of them when they release because my brother and I have an on going rivalry since SSB 64 and like me, he feels most comfortable with the GC controller.

D

Deleted member 245254

While I agree that optimal is not always the best for everyone, I do believe people should adapt to the best possible option when needed. If the GC does have more lag in Smash 4, I'll switch to whatever has the least, despite how negligible it seems.

I'll take any advantage I can get. Even one that I can't notice. :grin:
It's not a matter of noticing, it quite literally has zero effect on your performance.

Gamecube controller is great, but calling it "optimal" is simply your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
It's not a matter of noticing, it quite literally has zero effect on your performance.

Gamecube controller is great, but calling it "optimal" is simply your opinion.
Not trying to pick hairs, but it's technically not zero. Yes, the chances of this affecting a single frame is extremely miniscule, but it's still there. That's all I'm trying to go for, whatever is technically better.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
For me optimal is wiimote and nunchuck, but i a gc controller.
However, each has its own pros and cons.
, for me i find it easier to rar, short hop, fast fall, and b reverse with a gc controller.
But i find it easier to dacus, chain grab, camp, and insta-throw with a wiimote and nunchuck.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I'm definitely going to use the Gamecube adapter but I still plan on giving the Pro Controller a chance to impress me when I finally pick one up. I just wish the buttons were a little bigger.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'll be sticking to my good 'ol GameCube controller, but I might try the Pro controller now and then.

Top Bottom