• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character is the most unique?

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Snake is in no way unique. I mean really, what's so unique about him?

Think about this look back at all snakes game rated for blood and violence and then think about all the other characters in this franchise and you will see none are rated for these types of things making it a miracle that he's even in this game there for snake is the most unique character in SSBB.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Snake is in no way unique. I mean really, what's so unique about him?
He's the first character to have a projectile and a trap as standard, not special attacks.
I think that already makes him rather unique.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I don't think strength or coming from an M rated game makes him "unique", but I think the part about creating traps does. But that's about it.

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
Your right, snake is soo unique. He may look like your average character but he's hard to use at first. To me I think he's unique cuz of a. explosives and b. ulilts:)

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
Zamus is more unique than both lucario and IC. She has more recovering options 3 total if used right. Upb, Forwardb, and Downb:)

ragnellrager

Smash Rookie
I would say Olimar, because he's really a very specialized character, and Wario. Because he's unpredictable.

day-day

Smash Ace
Snake's the most unique to me. He comes into brawl with a nikita missle, grenades, a rocket launcher, and don't forget mines. Trying to use all of those plus his tilts make his unique in my book. Don't forget using the grenades at the right time and planting mines/c4 at the right time is hard too. Snake's the most unique out of my main's in my opinion.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
IC is kinda unique cuz there is two of them and desyncing methods are endless...
but honestly snake and olimar has moves like no other. and sonics playing style is pretty unique.

'V'

Smash Lord
Zelda's all about defense and baits.

Lucario's got his aura thing going on, so you gotta use different moves at different times depending on his damage rate.

Olimar's pikmin aspect is definitely the newest thing in smash, so he at least definitely gets the award for the weirdest character.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I don' think G&W can be called unique - he's a basic weapon-using melee character, bar hammer.

ICs and luigi are the most unique from the old guard. Snake & Lucario are my pick from the new characters.

lkyx3

Smash Rookie
ZSS c'mon. She has a stun gun and can throw pieces of her suit at oppenents.

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
Nobodys says PT? Isn't it unique to fight with three different characters?
PT really is the only character were you must have 3 mains, all other characters in Smash history can be used with 1 main.

Other than that most Brawl characters are kinda unique.... Olimar needs to draw Pikmin whichc is kinda unique, Snake with his 5 specials and only Smash(Dsmash and Upsmash are more like specials IMO), and maybe Zero Sluth Samus for getting items at the start of the fight.

PeachRose

Smash Cadet
Oli is definitely a unique player because of his pikmin.
Snake because of his various bomb attacks.
Sonic cause he is super fast.
PT cause of the 3 different players you must get used to playing as.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Wario is a unique heavyweight, but not a unique character. He is similar to Jigglypuff and Squirtle, but better.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic. I dont think anyone plays like he does, and people do, there arent that many. Sonic has the most unique to me. I guess snake and olimar are pretty unique too. this is kinda similar to that learning curve thing, more unique they are, the more time u have to spend on them to make them good.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer is the most unique character hands down, I mean its three in one, also the character fatigue, and they have strengths and weakness based on elements which means it was the only character designed to counter itself. Plus have you seen some of the platforms that trainer will apear on in some levels, it's hilarious. As far as the individual characters go:

Charizard's Rock Smash, can be used as a counter, and a killing move. He has a glide that is hilariously slow. Flame thrower, and a ton of armor frames.

Ivysaur is the only character that can literally jump directly out of a meteor smash. Bullet seed is awesomeley unique.

Squirtle's side B hogs invincibiltiy then randomly gets hurt by certain moves. Has watergun, and a teleporting fair. Its hard to notice but he literally teleports forward with this attack if you are moving forward.

And all of them share a down B that can cause some whacky stuff to happen in the right situations. Castle seige trick, and on Halberd you can transform while the stage attacks you.

Riickable

Smash Cadet
Olimar, Pokemon Trainer.

I would say Snake if everyone didn't ****ing main him :@

Oh and Fox, he's the only character with a newcomer clone that's worse than him <3

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Most unique Char? Don't need to ask it.

IT's KIRBY!

Why? Ability to copy skills, nothing better than that.
Unless the other characters nspecial sucks. That is unique, but I think most unique is a bit of a stretch.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I have to say Princess Peach and my reason is..................................I have no reason:confused::confused:

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
This entire thread just proves that EVERY character is unique in their own weird-*** way. That's why the game is called SUPER Smash Bros. Not Boring Smash Bros.

Every character has some strange quality that sets them apart from the rest.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
This entire thread just proves that EVERY character is unique in their own weird-*** way. That's why the game is called SUPER Smash Bros. Not Boring Smash Bros.

Every character has some strange quality that sets them apart from the rest.
And yet we must all play Meta Knight because any character blow B tier can't do **** to him.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Definatly PT. Three Pokemon in one, strategy, amount of use with each one, pretty colors, cool guy in background= awesomeness

Frain

Smash Rookie
I'd say ness. One of the few characters that can kill with a throw, usmash and dsmash that doesnt charge but protect him from projectiles and attacks, PK thunder mindgames. He also has a fair that can be used in so many different ways and few characters has an attack that comes close to it.

Olimar isnt that unique, he has attacks to the sides, and attacks upwards, and that's it. His pikmins doesnt make that much difference except for the power and range of the attacks being a bit more random.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people just look at aesthetics. Based on their movesets, I actually think Olimar and G&W are incredibly plain characters.

I think the most unique characters have the most unusual playing styles. Sonic, Snake, Falco, and Diddy really stand out in this game.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
God ****

Every character is unique, if they weren't we'd all be playing the same character. God

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Most popular answers: Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Game and Watch.

The correct answer: Luigi.

All of those characters share a common trait(s) that makes them common. In comparison to Luigi.

Last time I checked, this board is god-awful at getting people that come up with original ideas or think for themselves. "Hey guys, lets just say ICs since tharrs two people lawl. Or pt cuz thers 3 diffrent pokemons rofl. or olimar cuz he has other people do his work hahha."

Analyze their movesets for all their worth. Think about what makes a character unique, what really sepeartes them from the cast in a way that no others do. The same can apply for all characters above, but moreso for Luigi than anyone else. Alright, let's take a look at what we have on the table.

He looks pretty similar to Mario. So you might think "oh but straked, there moves are practically teh same. you r wrong."

Well... no. Luigi does not follow the same mechanics other smashers do. To start, his most noticeable attribute is his traction, fall speed, and aerial movement. He is the only character in the game that has this feature. It can be good in some cases, bad in most. Luigi cannot shieldgrab or punish laggy moves because he gets knocked back far. This eliminates his strange ways of killing, and doesn't even set up for shieldgrabs. Luigi can't do anything. He is, however, immune to gamechanging things like Diddy Kong's banana combsz, or jab locks. Now, let's take a look at his moveset. He has some things that are completely unique in the regard that no other smasher has something like this.

When saying someone like Olimar or Ice Climbers are unique because they rely on others, they aren't unique. There's a select few characters that have these similar qualities. Olimar needing pikmin to fight can be compared to Nana. Without the partner, you'd be fighting an uphill battle with a character doomed to be bottom tier trash. You also might say Pokemon Trainer is unique for having 3 different characters you play as. I'll give you that once since it's entirely it's own, like being able to use Nana and Popo at once. But it follows the same rule that "you're using more than one character in a single game." They're similar in the sense that you have to use an extra no matter what.

Moving onto his moveset, play as him one game, and tell me you aren't surprised. His recovery is extremely strange. Keep this in mind. All Fire Jump Punches are Super Jump Punches, but not all Super Jump Punches are Fire Jump Punches. It's hard to understand if you haven't already done it. Now, the move itself is very odd. If used up close, you'll imitate the sound of a bat cracking, fire will shoot up, and they'll be sent spiraling upwards. If you don't connect properly, it'll do anywhere from 0.1 - 1% damage. Misfire. 1/8 chance of shooting a considerable distance with absolutely amazing damage and knockback. Nothing in the game is like it. And Judgment is much different, though I'd love to believe they have similar properties.

Every move where you have to input "down" on the control stick sends them... well... down. They're all meteors, and it's obvious they don't work in traditional ways. His Dtilt has some odd properties. At higher percents on stage, it pops them right off the ground in a silly animation. When used offstage of a platform, it's a weak semi-spike. His Dair is a quick attack that's more than meets the eye. If you land it on a specific point on his body, it'll send them straight down. Good meteor that nobody can truly master, though that's up for debate. Even his Down Taunt can do this. Snake is the only other character in the game with a damaging taunt, and Luigi has the good one. It's fast, kicks them straight down, but still techable. You'll never land it, but **** if it isn't rare.

Luigi's Nair. Quite possibly the best sex-kick in the game, it's very high priority and hella fast. It sends your opponent toward the sky. Straight up. No other move has this odd knockback property, and it's extremely good for the man in green. And his dash attack. Pause during his dash attack. That's all that really needs to be said.

As for smashes, his do some pretty strange things in terms of where they go and how the get there. Fsmash can be angled to kill earlier or lower, and the other two are fairly standard.

His Ftilt angled down has absolutely no knockback. It is the only move in the game that does this. (nittpickers, have at it.)

Aside from that, he's the only character to have 1% high trip ratio that everyone else.

He's just different.

:pt: - 3 seperate Pokemon with average movesets you'd expect.

:olimar: - Relies on pikmin that are plucked at random. SA frames at kind of unique.

:popo: - Two fighters at once.

All 4 can be considered unique. It's in the eye of the beholder, if you think someone other than Luigi is weird (you probably will), then far be it from me to tell you you are wrong.

EDIT: You are wrong.

There's probably 30-odd characters that are unique.​
Agreed, smart summary.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
TBH, when I saw this thread I instantly thought Yoshi.

-Is the only character with a shield that can't be poked, but can't be acted out of. His basic shield mechanic is entirely unique.
-Is the only character who gets super armor on a basic mechanic - jumping.
-Egg Lay is an entirely unique mechanic in and of itself (the result of the egg lay).
-Egg Roll has very strange traction properties.
-Egg Toss has very unique properties (height gained lowers with each toss, slides strangely on ground, etc.).
-Completely hides the character he grabs while pummeling - his pummel is chewing!

I'd say he's easily the most unique at a basic character level. Luigi is unique too, but Yoshi's basic properties are so different from the rest of the cast that I have to say him.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Wario because of the Fart or the Ice climbers because they are the only characters where theres more then one person.

Top Bottom