• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Which character has the best B Air?**

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
It seems to me that in Brawl Sakurai wanted people's B Air to be there best aerial. While there are obvious exceptions to this, it is usually the case. That being said I think I've narrowed it down to the top 5 ( in no particular order).

Game and Watch (the turtle)
Toon Link (comboalicious)
DK ( the awesomanator)
Ness (Shock Kick)
Ike (Shoopdawoop)

If you have any other suggestions feel free to say but I think these are the top 5. Say which character you personally think has the very coveted award for best B Air!

I'm gonna have to say G&W on this one, one of the if not the best shield pressurer in the game. Add to that it's huge range, can outrange a Marth btw, Its great damage and awesomeness knockback and I think we have a winner.

jokey665

Smash Ace
G&W's is really nice for just about everything, but I can't help but think Ike's should be up there somewhere. It's so quick and so strong. <3

And I don't even play Ike. :þ

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link I'd say because it's decently strong and can combo well

Ike would be second for two reasons
1. It's really fast, especially for Ike
2. It has tremendous knockback for its speed and range that it can often kill at 70-80% if the opponent is towards the sides of the areana. Pretty much guaranteed to kill oponents who are trying to recover.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
The shock kick has been nerfed a lot.

And you forgot Ike's bair. His is awesome. :p

???????

Smash Journeyman
From your list it sounds like you're looking just for power or damage putout, I think you should consider more factors.

*I think Jigglypuff probably has the best Bair in the game*

*Mario’s Bair is pretty awesome too*

lismore

Smash Cadet
'OMG, WOULD YOU STOP USING THAT **** TURTLE!!!'

Seriously, when you turn on the turtle spam, people get mad! G&W's Bair for the win on this one. Pure annoyingness for the opponent and awesomeness for the user = WIN!

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
I would put Zelda and Pit's Bair's in the running but with that sweetspotting hitbox it is hard to label them as 'best,' even if they are those characters most powerful kill moves.

So if your adding points for 'if utilized to the fullest' then both Pit and Zelda's should be up there.
And if that then Lucas, afterthought here, needs to be in there for wonderful meteor. I haven't seen anyone cancel it yet, so is it a spike or no? *wanders off to Lucas forums*

Shanky

Smash Cadet
I would put Zelda and Pit's Bair's in the running but with that sweetspotting hitbox it is hard to label them as 'best,' even if they are those characters most powerful kill moves.

So if your adding points for 'if utilized to the fullest' then both Pit and Zelda's should be up there.
And if that then Lucas, afterthought here, needs to be in there for wonderful meteor. I haven't seen anyone cancel it yet, so is it a spike or no? *wanders off to Lucas forums*
This. Pit and Zelda's bairs are monster KO moves if you sweetspot them.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
This. Pit and Zelda's bairs are monster KO moves if you sweetspot them.
Thats why i asked, if Blistering Speed is labeling best in reliability or best in optimum usage would be the deciding factor for this competition.

Best is rarely as definative as the definition states, usually it is best in what way.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zelda's Bair KO's at around 80% even with DI if it hasn't been Stale Move Negated. Marth's Bair is really fast, has a big disjointed hitbox and tippered kills at, like 95% or something (not sure). It also turns him around, so it's quite useful.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
I agree, what is the criteria for best exactly? For example if it was you could say Snake since his entire body is pretty much the hit box.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm agreeing with the maker of the Love Combo. G&W's Bair is the best. Turtle chompin'.

edit: also agreeing with Burntsocks a few posts after this one. Yoshi's is very nice too. My old mains have very nice Bairs indeed. ;]

D

Deleted member

G&W is the best, then toon link, yoshis is just amazing and is one of the reasons hes playable and has more uses than all of these others except G&Ws, wolfs is good, ikes is a good kill move, robs is pretty beastly as well.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
this is biased, king ddd has a very good bair, quicker than dks, lasts longer, and similar to dks in the way that you can do 2 of them in a short hop

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
a RAR bair with ike could be one of the more deadly moves in brawl and toon link's bair combos like marth fair into an easy spike, the G&W is just really good
Its really difficult to say beacuse they all use there bair for a different cause

BISON

Smash Rookie
Well I'm going to be the odd one out and say kirby has the best bair. Simply because of all the setups that it can have. It's also really decent damage and knockback-wise

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
who has the top 5 backairs of all time?

Dylan -Dylan - Dylan - Dylan and Dylan because he spits hot fire.

all seriousness Game and Watch, Luigi has a good one too

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
yeah wolf definately does not have the best B-air

its between Ike's (omg so strong and fast)

G&W's(stupid turtle...)

and Zelda's (most powerful of the 3 but hardest to sweetspot)

Top Bottom