• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character from each weight class is your favorite and why?

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
FEATHER WEIGHT: PICHU

Pichu will probably gain back the title for lightest character in smash ultimate. Unlike Jigglypuff and Kirby, Pichu has the speed and size that'll greatly help him dodge attacks. He was definitely terrible in melee but he looks solid in ultimate and hopefully gained alot of buffs. Oh did I mention he looks so cute!?
LIGHT WEIGHT: PIKACHU
Pikachu has been my main since 64. Ultimate gave my boy a great buff followed by an adorable icon. He can now aerial spike and has a new nair.
MIDDLE WEIGHT: PEACH
Peach feels like a Jack of all trades. She has great recovery, has a counter, decent range with her turnips. The only thing she lacks is speed but still pretty decent.
HEAVY WEIGHT: WARIO
Wario is really fun to use. Similar with pichu's case, unlike other heavy weights wario has the speed and has great aerial movement
SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT:GANONDORF

Ganondorf design of ocarina of time was just genius. He's like a slower captain falcon but obviously way more stronger. Even tho I think it's awesome that he finnaly uses his sword, it looks easy to dodge and has ending lag.

So those are my picks. I'm really interested to hear everyone else's faves.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Lightweight: Jigglypuff. She's just so fun to jump around with and her aerials are satisfying to hit.
Middleweight: Zelda. Most underrated Smash character. Lightning Kicks, all of her specials, her up smash are all great. She's in a good place between being dainty and hard hitter.
Heavyweight: Samus, I guess. She's a very basic but still good fighter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am gonna use more weight classes tho..

Super Heavy: Donkey Kong :ultdk:

Been a solid semi main character of me in all the games. King K.Rool is great but he's not taking his nemesis' place any time soon. Great combo potential, aerials and speed as well. Feels very fluid and solid to play.

Heavy: Ike :ultike:

Loved his games, adapted myself to suit his Smash playstyle as well. Great range and spacing tools, every hit feels very rewarding and it's awesome to taunt and intimidate your enemy with his strenght. Ike will teach your read skills.

Middle Weight: Am not sure who all count here cause there are tons of light weights. Am gonna say Lucina here. :ultlucina: She's heavier than Diddy so..

Yeah I like Lucina and took me a while, and Fire Emblem Awakening, to appriciate her. Was never too great with Marth anyway, but Lucina fits me well. Awesome character in Awakening as well.

Light Weight: Diddy Kong :ultdiddy:

No explanation needed. My most wanted character for Smash ever. My username predates his Smash inclusion. And my most used character ever.

Feather Weight: Mewtwo :ultmewtwo:

Mewtwo was my main ever since Melee for a long time till I discovered Captain Jack's DK combo videos and made the switch. Still my favorite Pokemon and like his playstyle a lot.

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Am gonna use more weight classes tho..

Super Heavy: Donkey Kong :ultdk:

Been a solid semi main character of me in all the games. King K.Rool is great but he's not taking his nemesis' place any time soon. Great combo potential, aerials and speed as well. Feels very fluid and solid to play.

Heavy: Ike :ultike:

Loved his games, adapted myself to suit his Smash playstyle as well. Great range and spacing tools, every hit feels very rewarding and it's awesome to taunt and intimidate your enemy with his strenght. Ike will teach your read skills.

Middle Weight: Am not sure who all count here cause there are tons of light weights. Am gonna say Lucina here. :ultlucina: She's heavier than Diddy so..

Yeah I like Lucina and took me a while, and Fire Emblem Awakening, to appriciate her. Was never too great with Marth anyway, but Lucina fits me well. Awesome character in Awakening as well.

Light Weight: Diddy Kong :ultdiddy:

No explanation needed. My most wanted character for Smash ever. My username predates his Smash inclusion. And my most used character ever.

Feather Weight: Mewtwo :ultmewtwo:

Mewtwo was my main ever since Melee for a long time till I discovered Captain Jack's DK combo videos and made the switch. Still my favorite Pokemon and like his playstyle a lot.
Cool choices! And yeah I forgot about feather weight and super heavy. I'mma change it

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
My boi is kinda..... weird when it comes to weight classes. Technically he's a heavyweight, but he has the BEST aerial game in the series but also lacking in kill potential...
You gotta love that super armor. I always have a hard time killing anyone with yoshi...

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Lightweight: Jigglypuff. She's just so fun to jump around with and her aerials are satisfying to hit.
Middleweight: Zelda. Most underrated Smash character. Lightning Kicks, all of her specials, her up smash are all great. She's in a good place between being dainty and hard hitter.
Heavyweight: Samus, I guess. She's a very basic but still good fighter.
I always get my ass kicked by zelda and she's suppose to be low tier. Honestly I feel like any character is good as long as you learn there strong potentials.Buff the Jiggles please XD.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I always get my *** kicked by zelda and she's suppose to be low tier. Honestly I feel like any character is good as long as you learn there strong potentials.Buff the Jiggles please XD.
I don't get tiers. I've always beat Bayonetta easily but Yoshi destroys me every time.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't get tiers. I've always beat Bayonetta easily but Yoshi destroys me every time.
Well, they could simply not be good Bayos. As much as people go on about her brokenness, it does take a good amount of skill to get her to be very hard to hit, otherwise players tend to have exploitable patterns using her. And of course lag can hurt her pretty bad too.

Yoshi does technically have power befitting his weight class, especially in terms of damage, it's just very hard to actually land those power moves due to lack of setups.

Anyways my picks...

Featherweight: In Smash 4, this goes to :4mewtwo: for being everything his Melee incarnation was meant to be with great style and feel. But for the rest of the series it goes to :4gaw: for his very unorthodox moves with great potential (and silliness).

Lightweight: :ultzelda:. I don't care much for all-out speed which most lightweights go for, I'm more methodical and Zelda delivers on that front.

Midweight: You don't get more midweight than :ultmario:, and he's a solid pick for me in every game. The cape is especially fun and no one else has truly managed to capture it's greatness yet.

Heavyweight: :ultryu: is a surprise addition, but you just can't argue with having so many tools at your disposal, even if you sometimes have to work a bit to get into position to use them. Also can serve as a first step to learning more traditional fighting games.

Superheavy: :4bowser: really became much more fluid and threatening in 4 and looks to be even more fun in Ultimate, but he's currently looking to have fierce competition in the form of :ultridley:. I do like all superheavies in general though.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Super Heavy Weight:
Probably would have to be :4charizard: Charizard, because dragons..... Yeah that's pretty much it. Almost put Ganondork on here though because his character design and laugh is just so perfect for "dishonorable" play, especially because he has his side B.

Heavy Weight:
:4link:Link for gameplay. Lots of projectile play, and is decent up close. :4lucario:Lucario for the character. Honorable Mentions to Cloud :4cloud2:, Samus:4samus:, and Dark Samus :ultdarksamus:, Shulk:4shulk:.

Middle Weight:
Surprisingly most characters in middle weight I do not care for. I love Robin's :4robinm:Style (needs his hood though,) and his gameplay (Little too slow compared to Link though). Sonic :ultsonic: for his character and speed.

Featherweight:
:metaknight:Meta Knight is the closest thing to a "loyalty main" I have. I have a bunch of history with him, and I think it's pretty hard to be cooler than Meta Knight as he's one of the few tough dark characters in a bright cuddly world. He has very fun gameplay as well. Though I do miss his mach tornado and glide from Brawl because I love having more ways to be maneuverable. Though :sheik: Sheik does compete with Meta Knight for being my favorite of the fast characters to play, and while I like ninjas and such, Sheik is a really shallow character as Sheik doesn't do much in Ocarina and I dont really have any fond memories of Sheik which doesn't let her be #1 for me.

Edit to add in non-smash 4 characters:
:ultridley: Like Charizard, but Ridley's cooler and more intelligent dragon.... even if he chooses to fight in a "primitive" way. I forgot to mention him earlier. Thing is I don't know what weight class he is since it doesnt seem he's a super heavyweight despite being so big. I've heard some people say he's even as light as a middleweight. So I'm curious what his weight actually is.
:ultpichu:Probably wouldn't change featherweight category though he might give Meta Knight a run for his money when Ultimate comes out, he's easily my favorite of the few Balloonweight characters (He's lighter than even Jigglypuff!). I've always felt awesome when playing Pichu. Playing Pikachu in Smash 4 definitely warmed me up to the idea, but I want something a little more interesting, and Pichu is definitely going to be a little more interesting. Pichu is probably the cutest thing ever that I can handle. If Pichu was any cuter, I'd probably hate Pichu. Also helps that Pichu has big floppy ears, and I'm a huge sucker for floppy ears.
:ultrichter: I don't know Richter's weight but he'd be the main one for middle weight if he became a middle weight. Heavy weight there is too much competition, but he's probably going to be heavy weight.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Featherweight: ZSS.
Middleweight: Toss-up between Villager, Lucina and Robin. Villager has a bunch of tricks, but I often find myself spamming the specials and turnips because he spends way too much time airborne for anything else to be interesting. Lucina's the most simple, but I can't stand the way I use her Side-B; same problem with Marth and Roy. Robin is a nice mix of the two, but I can't tell when her weapons are broke and when they're ready to use again.
Heavyweight: Samus for the deliciously satisfying KOs.
Super Heavyweight: Ganondorf. He's like Samus, except no range attacks and literally everything can be made into a kill move if you're stubborn enough.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Feather Weight: ZS Samus
Middle Weight: Corrin
Heavy Weight: Cloud
Super Heavy Weight: Ganondorf

As I have mentioned before the 3 fighters I tend to play as are ZS Samus, Cloud, and Corrin, as for super heavy weight it was a tough choice but I went with Ganondorf, I used to play him and falcon a lot before brawl.

Last edited:

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Feather Weight: I don't know, falco I guess? I don't really play feather weights.
Middle Weight: Mario
Heavy Weight: Bowser Jr.
Super Heavy Weight: Bowser

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
Featherweight: :ultpichu:
Lightweight: :ultkirby:/:ultfox:
Middleweight: :ultcorrin:/:ultgreninja:
Heavyweight: :ultlink:/:ultike:
Super heavyweight: :ultbowser:/:ultganondorf:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Featherweight: :ultlittlemac:
Middleweight: :ultmarth:
Heavyweight::ultike:
Super heavyweight: :ultganondorf:

I like how almost all my mains are in different weight classes. XD

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Featherweight: :ultkirby:
Middleweight: :ultlucas: :ultgreninja: :ulticeclimbers:
Heavyweight: :ultlucario: :ultike:
Super heavyweight: :ultbowser:

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Super Heavyweight: :ultkrool:

This is very much a prediction on his weight, but not on his placing. King K Rool is my most wanted newcomer and I will make him work. On top of everything else, I'm a fan of zoners anyway, and he has tons of fun wrapped up in his kit to explore.

Heavyweight: :ultrob:

ROB is my Smash 4 main and likely the same in Ultimate. I think he's got a really fun kit - Gyro is the most interesting move in the game - that's only enhanced by being given what is probably the best throw in the game with a burying D-Throw.

Middleweight: :ultsimon:

This is kind of a prediction based on me not particularly liking any of the current middle weights. The Belmont's look like great fun zoner characters and I'll definitely be taking them for a spin.

Lightweight::ulticeclimbers:

ICs are my old main from Brawl. I was ecstatic to see them return, but admittedly fairly pessimistic about all their mechanical changes. I will never agree with Nana being unable to act when Popo is grabbed. Nonetheless, I tried them during my time with the demo and they're still good fun with some silly things yet to be explored. For example, Blizzard now freezes people in such a way they will fall straight down, making it substantially more potent at edgeguarding.

Featherweight: :ultjigglypuff:

I haven't used Puff seriously since Melee, but she is still the OG featherweight to me and a hilarious character.

Top Bottom