• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't be hatin

We're not Meta Knight players. ^^

:phone:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
To anyone having trouble against Thunder/Dsmash Pikas, follow these easy steps:

1. If Pikachu uses Thunder, run up to him and hold shield. Thunder hits only once, regardless of whether or not it hits you or your shield, so as soon as it clanks your shield, just go ahead and proceed to punish Pikachu with w/e you want.
2. If you know Pikachu is going to use Dsmash, hold shield beforehand and wait for the 6(?) hits to hit your shield, then just grab him.
3. If Pikachu actually HITS you with Dsmash, proceed to repeatedly flick up on both the Control Stick and Cstick, and you'll fall out every time with minimal damage.

This should be one of the first things players learn how to do when playing Brawl, so enjoy!

Oh also, in response to the thread, Olimar is absolutely the worst, gah >.<;

AaronDesu

Smash Rookie
To anyone having trouble against Thunder/Dsmash Pikas, follow these easy steps:

1. If Pikachu uses Thunder, run up to him and hold shield. Thunder hits only once, regardless of whether or not it hits you or your shield, so as soon as it clanks your shield, just go ahead and proceed to punish Pikachu with w/e you want.
2. If you know Pikachu is going to use Dsmash, hold shield beforehand and wait for the 6(?) hits to hit your shield, then just grab him.
3. If Pikachu actually HITS you with Dsmash, proceed to repeatedly flick up on both the Control Stick and Cstick, and you'll fall out every time with minimal damage.

This should be one of the first things players learn how to do when playing Brawl, so enjoy!

Oh also, in response to the thread, Olimar is absolutely the worst, gah >.<;
Oh, there goes my dsmash tactic.

Azula

Smash Cadet
Pikachu's thunder is only a huge problem if you are snake trying to recover back to the stage.
Olimar is by far the worst, barring except maybe MK on Brinstar or RC.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or Donkey Kong, Pika likes to predict where I'll try to land with DK.

Olimar, Ice Climbers, Snake and Meta Knight are all the most annoying to me. But I'm playing Diddy, so I can get around them by being just as annoying in return. ^^

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Marth. Marth so much. I hate fighting him. So damn much. :(
He is so boring to play against.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like fighting Marth as Diddy. It's quite fast paced, and I enjoy disturbing his flow with bananas. Not sure if Diddy runs faster, but most of the time I can escape Marth quite easily.

:phone:

azn_tony_908

Smash Rookie
Let's see; G&W for his B neutral and A neutral attack, MK (Obviously), Pit, and a little bit of DK and wario annoy me too. :smirk:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ice climbers for me.

That death grab.....just the thought of possibly screwing up one time and then getting grabbed and losing a full stock from one mistake.....

Sure others can seriously punish you hard from just one mistake, but you get a feeling of hopelessness against the icies cuz just one grab and you might as well just put the controller down and wait for em to take your stock :(

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
ice climbers for me.

That death grab.....just the thought of possibly screwing up one time and then getting grabbed and losing a full stock from one mistake.....

Sure others can seriously punish you hard from just one mistake, but you get a feeling of hopelessness against the icies cuz just one grab and you might as well just put the controller down and wait for em to take your stock :(
I think the 0 to death chaingrab alone should make IC's god tier

Probably could have added more than "bump".
But I have always disliked the ICs. You hit one IC, then there is another to come back and hit you right back.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Probably could have added more than "bump".
But I have always disliked the ICs. You hit one IC, then there is another to come back and hit you right back.
tell me about it, yesterday i fought a friend who is new to the game yet he beat me by button smashing with the ice climbers, note that i was using jiggs BTW.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
OLIMAR. OMG, you can't even get close to him without being bombarded by fsmash's and if you get past those your grabbed e.e

-J-

Smash Rookie
Giant Samus on Intense Mode during Classic Mode... Mother of God, that gets annoying for me.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
PIKACHU!!!!!
He so damn tiny and quick and that Friggin Down B is such an overkill attack! Half of the attacks characters have can be easily ducked under by him and if you manage to get close enough to him hes got those lightning quick smash attacks which cover his whole body!

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
PIKACHU!!!!!
He so damn tiny and quick and that Friggin Down B is such an overkill attack! Half of the attacks characters have can be easily ducked under by him and if you manage to get close enough to him hes got those lightning quick smash attacks which cover his whole body!
agreed man...agreed...i´ve already lost 2 tourneys because of a damn pikachu....and in front of my GF D:

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
Wario.

• Every time I get hit by one of his attacks I ask myself "how did i get hit by that?!?!?!?"
  • I can't play aggressive against him or I get destroyed; my favorite playstyle
  • His half waft KO's at stupidly low %'s on my main (like 50% WITH DI WTF)
  • Good warios can do some pretty stupid stuff with tires
  • I find his recovery hard to gimp it is pretty good if he has at least his bike. The only recoveries harder for me to gimp are
    and

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Wario.

• Every time I get hit by one of his attacks I ask myself "how did i get hit by that?!?!?!?"
  • I can't play aggressive against him or I get destroyed; my favorite playstyle
  • His half waft KO's at stupidly low %'s on my main (like 50% WITH DI WTF)
  • Good warios can do some pretty stupid stuff with tires
  • I find his recovery hard to gimp it is pretty good if he has at least his bike. The only recoveries harder for me to gimp are
    and
wow i´ll admit that tough not being a wario main i do stupid things with the tires, i got used to use things like these in strategy means, like using the L-canceled granade of snake, my second main being snake i know how to make the stage a hell of bombs.

Top Bottom