• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Capcom character would you like to see in Ultimate (no echoes)

Choose your character

• Total voters

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Strider would be perfect for Smash. His moveset in MvC works out so well.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'd honestly be down for most Capcom characters that could be brought up.

Arthur from GnG. Jill from RE (maybe with Claire as an Echo or Regina from Dino Crisis if they really want to go the extra mile). Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, X & Zero (if they weren't already in as AT/FS), Tron Bonne, a Monster Hunter, etc, etc. DARKSTALKERS. It'd never happen, but I'd love it if it did and we got Morrigan or Dimitri. I'll take as much Capcom content as I can get.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
My pick would be either Chun-Li or a RE rep considering the legacy of said characters. Phoenix Wright would be a close runner up.

My unpopular Capcom pick would be Alex from Street Fighter, mainly because he's my favorite SF character and he's just so fun to use.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Although I want to see Nathan Radd Spencer the most, I voted for Chun Li because I'm kind of sick of being let down by characters with awful recoveries. And Nathan Spencer has probably one of the worst recoveries in videogame history. Heck, in most of his games, he can't even jump.

Chun Li is one of the most popular female characters in gaming. Next to Samus and Lara Croft. I know this might seem like Street Fighter overkill, but... there's usually no Ryu without Chun Li.

I would also love to have Roll around, tbh. And she could sport her moves from TvC.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Although I want to see Nathan Radd Spencer the most, I voted for Chun Li because I'm kind of sick of being let down by characters with awful recoveries. And Nathan Spencer has probably one of the worst recoveries in videogame history. Heck, in most of his games, he can't even jump.

Chun Li is one of the most popular female characters in gaming. Next to Samus and Lara Croft. I know this might seem like Street Fighter overkill, but... there's usually no Ryu without Chun Li.

I would also love to have Roll around, tbh. And she could sport her moves from TvC.
I support this notion. Having Ryu and Ken in a crossover but not having Chun li is extremely odd.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I support this notion. Having Ryu and Ken in a crossover but not having Chun li is extremely odd.
Ya might as well complete the quad and put in Akuma as well.

And if you add Akuma, might as well add the rest of the SF2 characters.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ya might as well complete the quad and put in Akuma as well.

And if you add Akuma, might as well add the rest of the SF2 characters.
I'd say Morrigan should be next in line after her, she would be the next most iconic character after Ryu and Chun in terms of Capcom crossovers. And Bayonetta showed us she's certainly not off bounds.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Resident Evil is the biggest Japanese series still not in, and I want Jill Valentine.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Amaterasu on my own personal biases as well as being reasonable. I'd actually rather have Albert Wesker, but I want him for the wrong reason (endless Proton Jon memes) rather than any legitimate experience with Resident Evil.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Here's my Jill costumes, moveset, FS, taunts, and stage.

Costumes:

- RE1 STARS gear

- RE3 appearance, or alternatively her Revelations wetsuit (hey maybe she's Jane).

Moveset:

- B: Grenade Launcher. Jill has to collect explosive, fire, ice and acid rounds that appear on stage for the weapon, and they all have different damage properties. Explosive has the best knockback, Fire has the best damage, Ice freezes the opponent, and Acid has a DoT effect like Joker's Eiha. Jill can cycle through the ammo types the same as Shulk's Monado Arts.

- B>: Dog. Summons a zombie dog that runs forward. Can be knocked out.

- Bv: Zombie. Summons a zombie that slowly lurches forward to grab the opponent and holds them, inflicting damage and setting them up for a combo. Only one of the zombie or dog can be out at a time.

- B^: Crow. Jill grabs onto the crow and flies upward. Functions like Duck Hunt and Olimar's B^.

- Final Smash: Tyrant/Nemesis. Cutscene FS where they rise from the ground and attack the opponent, and Jill finishes them off with a rocket launcher. Which monster attacks depend on whether Jill is in her RE1 or RE3 costume.

Normal moves:

- A moves and tilts use the Samurai Edge and Survival Knife.

- Neutral A is a spammable range attack using the Samurai Edge.

Smash Attacks:

- A>: Taser. At max charge it crumples the opponent.

- Av: Grenade. Jill drops a grenade on the ground that explodes later, ala Snake's B.

- A^: Vertical Shotgun blast.

Taunts:

- Taunt v: Jill grows a green herb (which heals a pittance of damage and can't be spammed),

- Taunt ^: Jill poses with her pistol like in the original opening FMV

- Taunt <>: Jill reloads her pistol.

Stage:

The Spencer Mansion main hall with a variety of traps and monsters appearing like the Hunter, Plant 42, and Crimson Heads.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Oh boy, now that's my kind of thre-
There's no option to vote for Jill Valentine.

Phoenix Wright & Jill Valentine are my top picks (And Leon would be amazing too :p )

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I voted for Leon, but I voted as if it were Jill

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I hardly play Capcom games so there aren't many characters I'd care for but I I've played Chun-Li a few times and she's a lot of fun to play so I'd like to see her make an inclusion in the game.
That said, you can make a convincing enough Chun-Li with the Mii Brawler and their overall moveset/customs.
Though, I'd be happy with just about any character's inclusion.

Top Bottom