• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Amiibos do you plan on buying and what new features do you hope are included in this game that can use Amiibo?

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
I plan to get Richter and probably Simon along with characters that I'll play.

As for what I think an Amiibo could be used for, I'd think that they could be used as a partner in single player modes like All-Star, Spirits, and Classic assuming that it is still in. I would make it so that they only have one life so it won't make things too easy, and that new ones can't be added in on the fly. Amiibo Squad Strike would be cool too especially if they added it to online, as would online Amiibo tournaments and lobbies. The only real problem I can see is getting people to follow the rules that were set up since there will be that one guy who has a super buffed Amiibo when everyone else has a normal one.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I plan add K. Rool, Roy, Piranha Plant, Meta Knight, Little Mac, Olimar, and Marth to my collection if I can find them.

For features, I hope that we can use them in tourney mode. Having an auto-made amiibo tournament would be great!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yes! Finally! An amiibo thread!

All of the newcomers and returning fighters, for starters. Probably the entirety of the original cast, however I prioritize non-smash versions first. I'd rather have the Super Mario versions of DK and Diddy than their smash ones.

I hope we can use amiibo online in friend matches like we can use custom fighters.

D

Deleted member

Just need the following: :ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultdarksamus::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultjigglypuff::4bayonetta: (not :4bayonetta2: since I have this one and it looks better anyway). Also considering :ultbowserjr: and :ultpiranha: as well.

I am on a mission to collect all the female fighters for a Girl Power theme. But since the artwork on the package is good, I will not remove them from the packaging from whence they came.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have the entire 3DS/Wii U series in card form. Still undecided if I'll get the entire Ultimate series in card form. But for actual figures I'm really thinking of getting Snake (mainly because he's a total bad ass).

As for special functions, I'm not expecting much beyond what 3DS/Wii U did. But I wonder if Best Buy's removed statement of unlocking characters with amiibo is true (though I won't be doing that since unlocking characters is fun unless one's unlocking criteria is stupid like Melee Mewtwo).

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
:ulticeclimbers::ultkrool::ultridley::ultpiranha::ultwolf::ultdarksamus::ultpichu::ultincineroar: are the new Ultimate ones I need/want. I got K.Rool, Wolf, Ridley, and Ice Climbers pre-ordered already. Pirahna Plant keeps selling out quicker than any other amiibo so far so I'm having a hard time nabbing one. Oh and I got Octoling Girl too pre-ordered from Japan she's currently in the mail.

I still need to get :ultbayonetta: from the Smash 4 line. I missed out on her back then as honestly I didn't give a crap about Bayonetta back when she was released. Then I played her games on Switch and fell in love with her and now I need her amiibo but don't want to spend $40 on her waiting for a reprint (hopefully). I actually prefer her Bayo 1 look to her Bayo 2 look but her Bayo 1 amiibo runs like $60-70 and I'm not paying those prices (I already did that for a LOT of amiibo during the Smash 4 days).

Current owned amiibos (79 currently):

- Mario (Smash 4)
- Luigi (Smash 4)
- Peach (Smash 4)
- Bowser (Smash 4)
- Wario (Smash 4)
- Yoshi (Smash 4)
- Rosalina (Smash 4)
- Bowser Jr. (Smash 4)
- Waluigi (Super Mario)
- Goomba (Super Mario)
- Boo (Super Mario)
- Koopa Troopa (Super Mario)
- Toad (Super Mario)
- Daisy (Super Mario)
- Chibi-Robo
- Duck Hunt (Smash 4)
- Mr. Game & Watch (Smash 4)
- Olimar & Pikmin (Smash 4)
- Lucas (Smash 4)
- Ness (Smash 4)
- Shulk (Smash 4)
- Captain Falcon (Smash 4)
- Little Mac (Smash 4)
- Donkey Kong (Smash 4)
- Diddy Kong (Smash 4)
- Villager (Smash 4)
- Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
- K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
- Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
- Kapp'n (Animal Crossing)
- Timmy & Tommy Nook (Animal Crossing)
- Mable (Animal Crossing)
- Blathers (Animal Crossing)
- Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
- Kicks (Animal Crossing)
- Rover (Animal Crossing)
- Fox McCloud (Smash 4)
- Falco Lombardi (Smash 4)
- Inkling Girl (Splatoon)
- Callie (Splatoon)
- Marie (Splatoon)
- Pearl (Splatoon 2)
- Marina (Splatoon 2)
- Link (Super Smash Bros.)
- Zelda (Super Smash Bros.)
- Shiek (Smash 4)
- Toon Link (Smash 4)
- Wolf Link + Midna (Zelda series)
- Ganondorf (Smash 4)
- Toon Zelda (Zelda series)
- Guardian (Zelda series)
- Bokoblin (Zelda series)
- Kirby (Smash 4)
- Meta Knight (Smash 4)
- King Dedede (Smash 4)
- Waddle Dee (Kirby series)
- Samus (Smash 4)
- Zero Suit Samus (Smash 4)
- Metroid (Metroid series)
- Pit (Smash 4)
- Dark Pit (Smash 4)
- Palutena (Smash 4)
- Pikachu (Smash 4)
- Mewtwo (Smash 4)
- Greninja (Smash 4)
- Lucario (Smash 4)
- Charizard (Smash 4)
- Jigglypuff (Smash 4)
- Female Corrin (Smash 4)
- Marth (Smash 4)
- Roy (Smash 4)
- Lucina (Smash 4)
- Ike (Smash 4)
- Robin (Smash 4)
- Chrom (Fire Emblem series)
- Alm (Fire Emblem series)
- Celica (Fire Emblem series)
- Tiki (Fire Emblem series)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Smash 4)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Want:
Smash 4 series: :4bayonetta::4bayonetta2::4corrinf::4cloud::4cloud2::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucario::4marth::4megaman::4mewtwo::4gaw::4pacman::4pikachu::4pit::4darkpit::4rob::4robinm:(Wish :4robinf: had an amiibo) :4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4shulk::4sonic::4villager:
Ultimate: :ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultken::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu:
Super Mario: :ultluigi::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdaisy:
Zelda: :4link:(TP) :4link:(SS) :4link:(OOT) :ultyounglink:(MM)
Kirby: :ultmetaknight:
FE: :ultchrom:
Metroid: :ultsamus:
...and the list goes on.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I would've bought KKR so I could unlock him immediately after getting the game (which BestBuy says is doable), but he's releasing in Feb for some reason.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I have 18 so far: Link, Luigi, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Bowser, Pit, Palutena, R.O.B., Mr.G&W, Dedede, Villager, Mega Man, Ness Fox, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, and Samus in addition to the Wolf Link and Midna Amiibo.

I've preordered Ridley and am strongly considering preordering K.Rool when I pick up the game. I would like Simon's when it comes out and maybe Richter.

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
So I have been thinking about a few things such as worrying about scalpers buying Amiibo in bulk again just like they did with Smash 4.

If online Amiibo tournaments do become a thing what do you think would be the best rule set? Since we are talking about the computer I feel a lot more stages should be legal since they won't abuse certain things like a human can. I'm also debating between three and four stock, I think four will be better overall but we don't know how smart and stupid the A.I. will be.

Also you guys own a lot of Amiibo.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I have most of the base game roster for Smash 4, but I know I am missing some of them. Can't remember which ones, but I know I have the ones for :4zelda::4wiifit::4littlemac::4charizard::4palutena::4robinm::4lucina::4darkpit::4pit:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'm such an amiibo freak it's not even funny. I literally want every one.
You're telling me...

I want to use Amiibo in a special Amiibo For Glory mode. I want to be able to scan in my amiibo (without any spirits attached, to keep it fair) and to be matched up with someone else's amiibo (also without spirits) and make them fight. Amiibo tournaments in Smash 4 were terribly difficult to hold, and even though they got somewhat easier as time went on they still required a lot of money and technology to participate in. I want Ultimate to fix that so I can have an easier time with amiibo tournaments.

Pk_Samus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pksamus
They did confirm that you can save your controls on an amiibo right? I might get my hands on an amiibo card and keep it in my wallet for tournaments

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
:ultbowser::ultcorrin::ultdk::ulticeclimbers::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultpeach::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultdoc:
The ones I don't have

And :ultzelda::ultlink::ultganondorf: if they get new amiibos with their new look.

And female Robin if that ever comes out

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
They did confirm that you can save your controls on an amiibo right? I might get my hands on an amiibo card and keep it in my wallet for tournaments
I never saw that anywhere, but I doubt it. Amiibo are very tiny, only clocking in at a few hundred bits. NTAG215 chips don't have hardly any capacity, and most of it is taken up by the amiibo's name.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Y'all ever heard of Powertags? It's how I completed the rest of my collection. If you don't want those, you can just buy replacement NTAG215 chips online and write the amiibo to them.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I only plan to buy the Amiibos of my mains so here's a list of who I have and the ones I want to get.

Amiibos I already have: :ultpeach::ultfox::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultroy::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultfalco::4charizard::ultzelda::ultbayonetta::ultgreninja:

Amiibos I want to get: :ultwolf::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::4bayonetta2::ultrobin::ultdaisy::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultkrool::ultcorrin::ultken::ultmetaknight::ultduckhunt::ultisabelle::ultike:(:4roy::4ludwig::4wiifitm:if they ever release alts I will definitely buy these three)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I already own a lot of amiibos from the smash 4 (about half the roster), so I've lost interest on buying the rest at this point, but I sure do plan on getting :ulticeclimbers:.

Top Bottom