• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which aerial for edgeguarding?

K 2

Smash Lord
I've just started using Ganondorf recently, and I was wondering about his edgeguarding abilities. Edgeguarding has always been a major part of my game. The characters I use well (Pika, Gaw, and Marth) all have either quick aerials or good recoveries that allows me to edgeguard off the stage. Ganondorf's aerials are kind of slow and have lots of end lag, and his recovery isn't that good. Which aerial should I use for off stage edgeguarding? I tend to SD everytime I try to kill them off the stage. Should I just resort to edgehogging?

noobslayer

Smash Apprentice
D-air is a fantastic spike, reverse U-air has a very low trajectory (Tipman Spike), F-air is a great aerial kill move if kept fresh.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I've seen Finn7 do really fancy stuff with the Wizard's Foot. While a good attack in itself to get people off the stage, he uses it to actually get himself off the stage to chase people down.

The key to ledgeguarding with Ganondorf is mainly getting in a hit. Chances are if you hit someone that is off stage, they won't make it back.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Dair is best if you manage to hit them with it, it works wonders on Snake in particular. You can also use the up special to grab them while they're on the ledge, which will surprisingly send them down to their doom. If you have more damage then they do and you know they're going to make it back, just Ganoncide.

K 2

Smash Lord
Does he use wizard's foot on the stage (to propel him straight forward off the stage) or in the air (going down at a steep angle) to try to meteor smash the opponent?

spades

Smash Cadet
Just running right off the stage and Uair'ing seems to catch most of my friends off gaurd and knocks them too far off to recover.

But nothing feels better than landing a dair.

K 2

Smash Lord
I agree. My and my friends joke around about the moves that causes the game to pause slightly before sending the opponent flying. When you land ganon's dair, everything freezes for half a second and the other guy goes flying downwards at a million miles per hour.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Reverse upair if they come from above, dair if they want to sweetspot the ledge. And Down b to shoot of stage to double jump to fair is also awesome (and suprisingly not suicide).

K 2

Smash Lord
Is a reverse upair just doing an uair while your back is facing your opponent?

K 2

Smash Lord
yes, another good move other than aerials is his uptilt, it destroys the edge
lol, "utilit destroys the edge" >.<

thanks a lot guys for you helpful tips! I shall now be a edgeguarding for to be reckoned with!

Top Bottom