• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where Do Your Golden Hammers Get Used?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Where do you use your Golden Hammers? I know some people are saving them for difficult challenges, but I'm using mine on tedious challenges like "Brawl on the Mushroomy Kingdom 10 times."

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
My Golden Hammers are going to be used as evidence of the fact that I actually accomplished every challenge. :)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Where do you use your Golden Hammers? I know some people are saving them for difficult challenges, but I'm using mine on tedious challenges like "Brawl on the Mushroomy Kingdom 10 times."
How is that tedious?

Stamina 1HP Flower Brawl. 10 times! lol.

Anyway, I'm not. I'll just get everything the old fashion way.

higgins

Smash Apprentice
i had no idea there was golden hammers in the game how do you get them
nvm i spoke too late

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'll try all the challenges first, and if anything is so impossibly hard I'll use one. Except, I think there's a boss battles one on Intense or something. I know for sure I'll use a hammer on that one.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I plan on doing all the challenges without the hammers. So far so good, the only ones that worry me a little are the break the targets speed runs. It took me quite a few tries to get level 2 done in 19 seconds, but I'm sure I'll get all of them done with patience.

Darkslash

Smash Master
urrrrggg hate level 9 CPU marth :(

2 C.D's poped on Castle Seige and then Marth does his Special twice. So i got Pissed and Kept Using Aether+eruptiion combo :laugh: at least i finished that goddam challenge

m3gatl20n

Smash Rookie
LoL the brawl 10 times one are cake. I would never waste it on things like that, how is that more tedius then like beating Classic or Doing Smash levels with every character UGHHHHH!!!!

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Was gonna use some on Boss Battle Intense and Very Hard, but that was a no go. So I used mine on crap I didn't feel like doing, such as All Star on Intense, endure 15 minute brawl, kill 100 men in endless brawl, beat 100 man brawl with every character, and one other challenge I can't remember.I think I've got another hammer hidden in a box, but I don't think I'll use it...All my other challenges are just a matter of time except the two boss battle difficulty ones.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I used two on the "build 5 and 15 stages" thinking that it would unlock parts that I would want to build with. But I was wrong. Man I want more stagebuilder parts T_T

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Can you not use Gold Hammers on those 2 squares? Intense Boss Battles is likely to be the only one I end up needing to use it on. :ohwell:
God I hope so, I'll need it for intense there. Also on the 400 max total combos in training mode... maybe. I haven't really attempted that one but I also don't want to.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
God I hope so, I'll need it for intense there. Also on the 400 max total combos in training mode... maybe. I haven't really attempted that one but I also don't want to.
You can't use golden hammers on anything for boss mode. I've beaten boss mode on intense, and let me say this: it is a pain in the ***. It's second only to Battletoads in terms of frustration.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Also on the 400 max total combos in training mode... maybe. I haven't really attempted that one but I also don't want to.
Choose falco. Opponent is a heavy fighter. Pick a stage with a permanent wall like Corneria. Do his jab combo and hold the attack button during his spins. That's all you have to do.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Spicy Curry + custom stage with non-passable wall, floor, and ceiling (dead-end, basically) = 150+ combo pretty easily.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
The 400 combo thing in training means, 400 when ALL the characters are added together. Not with one character. Its actually a very easy challenge to win, what with items you can spawn at will, setting up 3 CPUs that stand there, and custom stages.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't used any Golden Hammers yet, but I've heard that they're useless on boxes where you clear games modes on Intense.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only used one to unlock a stage I hoped was toon Links (Before I unlocked him) but turned out to be one of the Melee stages. Bleh. Dunno what I'll use the others on.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
I only used one, which was on the Main Theme (Super Mario 64) so I could have every song in the game :chuckle:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I used a couple on those unknown blue boxes, so that I could see what other chalenges I need to do, instead of spinning in circles trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do.. Luckily enough they were both songs! Which is awesome, of course.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i've used 2

100 hours of Brawls (psh, cant run my Wii for that long)
something else that i thought was hard....i forget what it was

The 400 combo thing in training means, 400 when ALL the characters are added together. Not with one character. Its actually a very easy challenge to win, what with items you can spawn at will, setting up 3 CPUs that stand there, and custom stages.
dude, its one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LI0IxCuUHU&feature=user
not me but i used his video to get that

Quab

Smash Rookie
i used 2
1 for the electro plankton stage
1 for the bob-omb battle filed cd

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
I only used one so far for the 75m stage. It's just really tedious to play as Donkey Kong 20 times.

Aberu

Smash Cadet
Anything that said intense, or even looked remotely intense, and I used one on this one that said do 500 for something, can't remember, it was pretty hard too. I just don't want to deal with the stress of playing targets all the time, I prefer to, actually, ya know, brawl or something maybe.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i don't really care for anything aside from stages and characters in the game.
so i'll probly just use my hammers for the stages. i couldn't care less about trophies, stickers, and what not.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
wonder if one can be used for the cruel melee to get 5 kills, because its almost impossible to do without them suiciding 2-3 times.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
dude, its one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LI0IxCuUHU&feature=user
not me but i used his video to get that
I actually did something similar not long after I posted about considering using a hammer on that one. Except I did it with Kirby on Shadow Moses Island. So easy

I am actually starting to think that there aren't any that are worth using them on other than the crazy 100 hours of Brawls type things. I wonder if it means combined or just the VS play time.

All I would really need them on is the frustrating Boss Battles on very hard/intense. I can get to Tabuu on very hard but he destroys me when he does that huge attack that covers the screen, where he gets the wings and the black circles expand from the center of the screen. Seems like a 0% kill... and I can never manage to avoid all three hits. And I can't even get to him intense.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You can't use hammers on Boss Battles (Intense). I'm fairly sure it's the same for All Star and Classic as well, but I'm not positive, because I just used them to break boxes in the middle of blues I couldn't see, so as to find out what every challenge was.

pirkid

Smash Lord
LoL the brawl 10 times one are cake. I would never waste it on things like that, how is that more tedius then like beating Classic or Doing Smash levels with every character UGHHHHH!!!!
Apparently sarcasm does not exist on the webbernetz.

I haven't used any Golden Hammers yet, but I've heard that they're useless on boxes where you clear games modes on Intense.
It's true. Sakurai said it himself (indirectly).

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
The 400 max total combos is actually really easy to achieve. There's a cheap strategy I found on youtube, I forgot who posted the video...

Basically, I picked Falco and set Bowser as my opponent. Set Bowser to control on Hyrule Temple and pin him against a wall. Set speed to 1.5, have Falco do his rotating slash neutral A until Bowser hit 999%. Up smash, finish, combo challenge complete.

But after reading the rest of this thread, I see that you've already done it! Heheh, that's what I get for quoting too quickly.

Oh well, not so difficult of a challenge. Mine will go to unlock all trophies I think. The others for target tests.

Top Bottom