• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

where do you put your right thumb?

fadedfyter

Smash Rookie
I normally have my right thumb hovering (but not touching) just slightly over the Y and A buttons and when I SH or do aerials, I quickly tap the tip of my left thumb on the Y or A buttons. However, I've been experimenting with resting (touching) my thumb on top of the Y and A buttons and pressing the A button with my first knuckle (the one closest to your fingernail) and SHing with the flat part of my thumb just right above the first knuckle. What do you prefer?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I don't really think about that...I actually grabbed my controller to see :laugh:

By right thumb is always on the right side of the controller, in general. That's the best way to explain it. It's never in one place because I am constantly using it to c-stick, jump and do all of my moves.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
My thumb is always hovering towards whatever I'm thinking of doing. I'm always thinking of somethin, so it's never in a general place on the controller.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
its always between A and B haha.. i suppose thats different.

TWO kinds of thumb movements ive nodiced

Precision thumb - always uses the tip of the thumb for every button

Lazy thumb - uses bottom part OR fingerprint to push buttons, lazy because thumb does not have to move as far

i am lazy thumb for life :cool: :cool:

Aiko

Smash Champion
its always between A and B haha.. i suppose thats different.

TWO kinds of thumb movements ive nodiced

Precision thumb - always uses the tip of the thumb for every button

Lazy thumb - uses bottom part OR fingerprint to push buttons, lazy because thumb does not have to move as far

i am lazy thumb for life :cool: :cool:
in that case, i have a precision thumb, never lazy.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
99/100 times It's hovering over the space between the X and A button for SHFFL and normal attackage.

fadedfyter

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that a lot of people use the X button for jumping.... interesting. I've always used Y and found it difficult to SH double fair w/ marth. I might give X a try.

Top Bottom