• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do you place your self in this Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
What I mean by that is are you in the top 3 lower classes or top 3 higher?
The top 3 lows are.
Noob
Novice
Intermediate

Top 3 Highers are.
Pro
Expert
Master or l_337 *as I like to call it*

What it takes to be noob is: Nine simple words, You have no Idea how to play this game.

What it takes to be a Novice: You played the game a couple of times you know how to play but you just don't know how pwn and you have no idea what a wave dash is.

What it takes to be a Intermediate: You own the game you play it alot you know how to pwn but you don't know how to pwn like the masters you know how to wave dash but you can't pull it off but when you do you use it wrong but you do know advanced offensive tech's like wall of pain L cancel.

What it takes to be a PRO: You know everything about game from bieng able to latch on to walls with your grapple beam or hook shot to making wave dash your normal move ment. You tell people to F off rather then give them help some times.

What it takes to be a Expert: You know how to play the game well but not as good as a master you know how to play mind games and you know the best defense and offense in the game against certain techniques. You give help but you ask for money first.

What it takes to be l_337 or a Master: You are both PRO and Expert combined together. You can not be stoped by any other class. Your controler is an extension of your self you never take the game seriously you just kind of play and let your fingers and mind do the work. But you do know when to play serious and when you do you unleash your full power and leave your opponent in a state to where he can't get out of. You offer help for free rather then telling them to go F off and pay for help.

I place my self in the intermediate lvl I know how to pwn but not as good as the masters. I know how to pull off all of the offensive tech's but when it comes to wave dashing I'm out.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
well i see myself atleast higher then intermediate.
when i look at way how you explained everything i consider myself expert.
but i actaully think thats a little too high

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna post vids soon about these 6 classes. And to you my friend above me explain to me the things you know how to do and the things you don't know how to do.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'm gonna post vids soon about these 6 classes. And to you my friend above me explain to me the things you know how to do and the things you don't know how to do.
I can wavedash somewhat.I'm a good sport after the match,not during it.I know how to use good mind games.I can seriusly pwn with falco,ganno,ness because i use mostly arial moves.
I'm a big trash talker.

Ooops i ment expert not master.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
According to this scale, I'm a "pro", and getting to that "expert" step, but I deffinitly wouldn't call myself that.

By the way, theres a flaw in your scale. I would bring the "pro" category back to "intermediate", because many, many, MANY people have good tech skill (grappling to walls is nothing fancy, just to let you know. Thats a pretty trivial movement for any Samus or Link player). What I consider an intermediate or above-average player has the same or similar technical skill as a pro. The big difference is that pros have mastered the mental game, not only the physical one.

Also, what's this stereotype of "pros will laugh at you if you ask them for help"? I know for a fact that many pro smash players are acually very friendly people who wouldn't hesitate to answer questions or show you things if you asked. I don't think it's fair to them to add those silly comments at the end of your category descriptions.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I'm intermediate. In fact, it explains me just about perfectly.

Hehe... I was jump canceling my upsmashes since my noob days. I didn't know it was an advanced tech XD

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
I definately don't consider myself a pro. I'm probably somewhere in the range of above average/intermediate. I can L-cancel and wavedash, but I'm clueless as when to use wavedashing. For me, it's still more of a mystery than an asset.
I know the skills but not how to use them. So the intermediate skill level sounds about right.
Ur scale might be a bit off tho...I secondary Link and I can sweetspot the edge with the hookshot consistantly, but I'm no pro!
:chuckle:

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes you are right Pye but what I ment by that is they know everything there is to know about the game.

This is Afro Justin vs Ka-Master

match 2 vs. Ka-master (Luigi) BF 2

This match up really depicts what a master is. 2nd match Justin plays like a pro. 1st match Justin plays like an expert. Ah link doesn't work oh well but good match!

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I can wavedash somewhat.I'm a good sport after the match,not during it.I know how to use good mind games.I can seriusly pwn with falco,ganno,ness because i use mostly arial moves.
I'm a big trash talker.

Ooops i ment expert not master.
You are at interemediate lvl from what you wrote down. Its just I need to know a little bit of info on how you use your wave dash. Do you use it to edge go gain speed mix it in with combos and other tech's its like your normal movement. Or do you use it as he look im wavedashing people *messes up on Dash Hog**wave dashing+edge hog=Dash Hog!*

Scar

#HarveyDent
So right, I'm at the pro level, sometimes I play at your intermediate level. But if I told anyone that I was pro in Melee they'd laugh in my face.

There are definitely tiers for players and we do fit into different classes, but it's way too complex to fit into those six.

For example, one of my buddies has never been on SWF, has no idea how to wavedash, and thinks that edgehogging is for cheaters. But he owns because he's basically mastered spacing and can play mindgames like nobody's business.

So the categories should distinguish between using and not using advanced techs (some people wavedash well but aren't great at SSBM) and an aptitude for the game separately.

I think.

Scar

#HarveyDent
What it takes to be a Expert: You know how to play the game well but not as good as a master you know how to play mind games and you know the best defense and offense in the game against certain techniques. You give help but you ask for money first.

What it takes to be l_337 or a Master: You are both PRO and Expert combined together. You can not be stoped by any other class. Your controler is an extension of your self you never take the game seriously you just kind of play and let your fingers and mind do the work. But you do know when to play serious and when you do you unleash your full power and leave your opponent in a state to where he can't get out of. You offer help for free rather then telling them to go F off and pay for help.

lol While I'm at it, what about people who play as well as a master but ask for money for help, THEN say "f off"? They need a category. Maybe call it, "Yoda-esque." He was pretty cocky.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
lol While I'm at it, what about people who play as well as a master but ask for money for help, THEN say "f off"? They need a category. Maybe call it, "Yoda-esque." He was pretty cocky.
*Chuckle*
Yeah your right. Well this was my first in deph game thread so I'm probably going to make another one with more info and vids of course.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I see myself as intermediate, since I can't train becuase my GC is down. Unfortunately I didn't find out how important advanced techs were until I lost the ability to play smash occasionally.

JNS

Smash Cadet
You didn't really define the categories well, but i'll say i'm intermediate because even though i can do most advanced techs consistently, and i can hold my own with any of the 26 chars, i have never played on a tourney . So until i go to a tourney and see how i do, i'm not going to say pro or expert

Mechab

Smash Rookie
If i had to, I'd categorize myself at around Novice/Intermediate. I know what most of the advanced techniques are, but i can't pull them all off when i want to, with the POSSIBLE exception of the wavedash.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Based on your descriptions, I'd say pro (though I'm don't act like a jerk when people need help >_<), but really, saying that makes me feel arrogant.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm traveling between the gap of Intermediate and Pro.

The space between those 2 levels is very wide, and a great # of people are finding their place in Smash while growing and learning new skills. It takes a lot of experience to climb even that high, so that little space inbetween is more like a Growth level.

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
I will modestly say that I am intermediate. But when I "place" myself in the game I try my best to get stuck INTO the game so that when I am done, I forget where I am. :)

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea behind this thread but your descriptions and classes are not entirely correct or accurate.Maybe someone with more experiance can make a proper chart or something.Its hard to get good advice these days and maybe the mods can implement something similar to known smash players who are advance or professional in melee.

As far as I know the only way to tell is by post count and join date also if you happen to know that they are active in the smash competition scence.

For example
1.Novice
2.Intermediate without tournament exp.
3.Advance without touranment exp.
-------------------------------------------------
1.Intermediate with tournament exp.
2.Advance with tournament exp.
3.Proffessional

I dont know maybe someone can think something up.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
I would be pro by the way you describe it. You should make an Average class.

Average- Know the techniques and can use the to some ability. You have combos to use and have some mindgame. You are an average skilled player all around.

Razed

Smash Ace
On there I'd be pro level, cause I know everything about the game and can pull of all advanced techs whenever. Cept change the thing about helping people, cause not all pros are *******es ;D.

I' m not ACTUALLY a pro though, just by this system =P

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't professional mean that you are being paid to play? If not than you are just an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom