• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do peope get this crazy idea that Fox...

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Me and Holy both can beat G-reg's Snake, but when he CP's Fox, we lose.

Fox beats ROB.

It's 55:45 Fox, or 60:40 Fox.
I never played G-reg Snake offline unless you mean on wifi? I've beat both his Fox and Snake recently on wifi.
I however lost to his fox a long time ago at Cot4 due to lack of matchup experience, but I really doubt he would beat me now. Matchup is 55-45 ROB favors imo.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Its mainly cause Fox can combo a untrained rob from 0 -> 70+ easily.
Fox Has no safe approach vs rob. Our U-tilt and U-air eat through his dair.
Our F-tilt eats through his fair.
Our Laser>His laser.
Make it easier stand under a platform it completely eliminates 1/2 his game.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I never played G-reg Snake offline unless you mean on wifi? I've beat both his Fox and Snake recently on wifi.
I however lost to his fox a long time ago at Cot4 due to lack of matchup experience, but I really doubt he would beat me now. Matchup is 55-45 ROB favors imo.
I just heard you lost to his Fox, I didn't know when/where. lol

Fox is soooooo much easier to fight than Snake it's not even funny.
Well, duh....

T0MMY

Smash Master
The R.O.B.s haven't stepped it up ANYWHERE (maybe HolyNightmare though?). That tier list is based on the meta-game of Japan and North America (but only the greatest players in the U.S., not the community in general), not Mexico's. Mexico's horrible.

About Fox on R.O.B.:
R.O.B.'s apparently easy to juggle, his shield is very easy to shield-poke and has more trouble KO'ing than Fox does. It's also not as easy to gimp Fox as you make it out to be if the opponent recovers well.

I'd like to play a "good" R.O.B. player. I'd never know where to find one though.
If it's based on Japan and North America then the list has major oversights.
Mew2king told Uchiha he was the best Fox he's played.
I wreck Uchiha with R.O.B., I believe even 3-stock him.
I've never lost to a Fox, not Uchiha in WA, not CA foxes, nowhere.
Since I've done this with R.O.B. and the list is based on the meta-game it would be more like 70:30 in R.O.B.'s favor.

And might I add, you may have played a good R.O.B. let me recap: one of my favorite comebacks in teams was taking you and HugS out both in a 2v1 final round, and at the end I was completely out of fuel upon my recovery so I kamakaze'd you with a B-air headbutt stage spike before I fell to my death. I don't think a bad R.O.B. could have pulled that off ([^^]

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
imo matchup is 55-45 robs favor

not that it matter but i think i have the most fox/rob experience cause of Holy...some games i win barely,some games he beats me,most of the time he wins last stock little bit above mid %(yes im talking about offline lol)

rob is so good at punishing and poking at fox,not to mention offstage you can get ****ed over easily...you guys better learn to di foxs fair though or else yer done

Last edited:
Top Bottom