• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where can I buy CRT TVs CHEAP!!!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know where to buy a bunch of crts cheap? Maybe used?

Same model of tv would be awesome! I've been looking for months for to buy 8 of the same kind for my store... and I may buy up to 40...

Please help I can't find any cheaper than 100 bucks online!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I'll let you know if I hear anything Jamie, apparently theres some funny business going on with GPX, so im currently looking into alternatives for my October tournament.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah criagslist.

Or in the trash. Lol, I find like 1 Tv a week, not all of them are big but a lot of them are. I'm up to 11 TV's total and only 2 are small.

Banks

Smash Hero
i'm into dumpster diving but i can't believe you guys actually take and keep stuff you find in there

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm looking through craigslist and there is actually quite a few listings for free TVs...time to start a collection perhaps :bee:
And frankly if I saw a 10 inch TV outside in the dumpster I would be all over that ~_~

Sails

Smash Ace
Craigslist is absolutely your best bet for quality used TVs, but for Gods sake just make sure they have remotes if they can't by default be switched to the input channel. The first tourny I went to had some TVs that couldn't do it without a remote and friendlies night blew for TV availability.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i'm into dumpster diving but i can't believe you guys actually take and keep stuff you find in there
doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of dumpster diving...?

UNLESS YOURE A WINDOW DIVER!!! :O

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, I've never gone in a dumpster. People just put them at the end of their house on the curb like the regular trash.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eggm thanks for the craigslist tip
Found 2 TVs for $20 total, they're nice and portable :bee:
Should be good for Shell Shocked because we never have enough TVs ~.~

Exalador

Smash Lord
i bought 25 of the same TVs (52cm/ 21" screen) at a hotel a couple of months back, for the Dutch smash community, they work great and cost me €10 (+/- $13) a piece....

I suggest taking a look around at some hotels and see if they still have CRT TVs, and are planing to replace them with LCD/Plasma/LED any time soon. Or: if they already have that, ask if they still have the old CRTs lying around somewhere in storage. You'll have a good chance of getting a nice deal.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha, every hotel I've been to seems to only have TVs without the inputs. It's pretty annoying on road trips...

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I got 2 of them for $10 ($5 each) at a yard sale driving home from work yesterday :) .. it's yard sale season so be on the lookout!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Good will and local thrift stores. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. The best kind of thrift stores are the non-profit ones. I think I got 8 working crt tvs(None of them were smaller then 23") for $100

Top Bottom