• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you've got your opponent int he air

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
I need a little help on this area. Dumb me kept trying to dash cancel u-smash and I'd miss 99.99% of the time.:mad: lets say you hit your opponent with peachs dash attack. and there slightly above you. i remember when i first started practicing w/ peach i used u-air alot because the comps make it so easy.:urg: obviously it doesn't work that well against competition. i think about jumping after them with a neutral air but im pretty sure they can hit me before i get it off. any tips on this situation? should i just let them fall / tech and take it from there or what?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
There's lots of options you could do when they're up in the air.

You could...f-smash them or f-tilt. Or a U-smash if they're directly above you. Or you could jump in the air and do a nair or bair, or even a dair with a nair. Nicely effective as well.

Really, it all depends on what character you're facing. With fast fallers, you could start a chain grab and end it with a U air if you want.

Or you could wait for them to tech and then attack them again.

Really, you gotta learn to mix it up. If one move fails, try another move/combination.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Watch the first few sects of this video where I combo my friend in the air when I dashed attacked him. This is something you can do. And its possible to get 2 up-airs in. and the last 2 are videos where I did some other air combos, but without dashing. Im no pro or anything but I think this will help. You can also check out avdnace players to see what they to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46aF1ESuQZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyQDaGySzxM&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1_-jyViCk

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
There's lots of options you could do when they're up in the air.

You could...f-smash them or f-tilt. Or a U-smash if they're directly above you. Or you could jump in the air and do a nair or bair, or even a dair with a nair. Nicely effective as well.

Really, it all depends on what character you're facing. With fast fallers, you could start a chain grab and end it with a U air if you want.

Or you could wait for them to tech and then attack them again.

Really, you gotta learn to mix it up. If one move fails, try another move/combination.
yeah thanks.
its not like i dont know moves that can be done while your opponent is temporarily tumbling in the air at your will lol. just i played a samus recently and i kept spamming a dashed u-smash and kept getting either n-air, b-air, or bombs and it was annoying me. thanks for the tips thoo. i know of em but its good to see them laid out in front of you.

timbu

Smash Apprentice
the most reliable and easiest option is likely the short-hop neutral air.

it covers a lot of ground, has high priority, and is very quick and if done on the rise and you float after, you can pull another aerial off.

but yeah, mix it up, all aerials work, and if you're feeling adventurous...UP TILT! sick.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I'm experimenting with the f-tilt for people who like to hover right in front and above you. Like when they're too close to jump and attack and you don't want to risk pulling out an incorrect f-smash.

Top Bottom