• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you play online what will be your preferred rule set?

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
Personally I will probably just make a lobby for doubles with no items, Team Attack on, and Hazardless stages. In general lobbies are probably what I will be playing in the most since I don't care about ranks.

Edit I forgot hat you can change stocks. I'm going three maybe four with my friends.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
1v1, no items, no hazards, probably 3 stocks and 6 minutes. We'll have to wait and see what the Back Room decides to work with regarding stocks and time. If there is an option for the stages to be as is, then I'll probably go with that as well.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
smash, stock, highest stock & time limit possible, hazards off
items: smash ball only & occasional everything but the last 2 (flag & everything else)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Smash, stock, no items, battlefield, 6 minute time limit. Hazards off.
Maybe Smash ball, battlefield, specific stages in original form, or 3-4 stocks depending on my mood.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Personally I will probably just make a lobby for doubles with no items, Team Attack on, and Hazardless stages. In general lobbies are probably what I will be playing in the most since I don't care about ranks.

Edit I forgot hat you can change stocks. I'm going three maybe four with my friends.
Pretty much this.

Has anyone here used the Nintendo Wi-Fi phone app? How terrible is it?

DT Raw

Smash Cadet
1v1, no items, 3 stock, anywhere from 6 to 8 minutes, no hazards

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Smash/Team Battle/1v1 (any works), 3 Stock or Stamina, No Items, 8 minute time limit (wish it went to 10 minutes but fine), and I'll wait and see for Stage Hazards.

Of course, this is all moot since I'm probably not bothering with online, but whatever.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
1v1 no items, 3 stocks, 7:00 minutes. I feel like six minutes is going to result in a number of time outs. It was the issue I had when they said 2 stocks, 5:00 minutes in Sm4sh. Games timed out more often, so we got six minutes instead.

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
4 stocks, no items, no hazards, and 6 minutes. I think 4 stocks will be good in Ultimate because Ultimate is a lot more fast paced than the last 2 games. If my assumption is proven incorrect, then 3 stocks. I can never see this game being played with 2 stocks.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
1v1, no items, 3 stock 6:00.
1v1, items, 3 lives, no time limit
Free for all, items, no time limit

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
1v1, no items, 3 stocks, 6:00 (I ain't 100% sure about the time.) and the same thing goes for FFAs and Team Battles. However, if online doesn't have a friendly-fire toggle, then I don't even wanna TOUCH team battles.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
1v1, 3 Stocks, 7 Minutes, Hazards Off, No Items

If possible, I would configure the stage list to feature only ones that are tournament legal.
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Smashville

Probably...
- Pokémon Stadium
- Lylat Cruise
- WarioWare Inc.
- Town and City

Last edited:

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Hazards off is going to suck since I didnt see any stage toggle option. That means hazardless great cave offensive, 75m, and hanenbow are going to be picked.

D

Deleted member

3 stocks, 6 mins, hazards off, Omega versions of stages only, and no items.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Depends on what I'm in the mood for, either:

1v1 3 stock 7 minutes no hazards no items

smash 3 minutes (because 4 isn't an option for some ****ing reason) no hazards(maybe all occasionally) no items

or team battle stock 7 minutes no hazards no items

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Haven't decided on all of the picks yet, but definitely going for hazardless: it might mean getting some stages which are rough even without hazards but just endless omega and battlefield stages get kind of boring after a while.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
-Oof...so many people here just don't feel the true spirit of smash. I want as chaotic as possible. 4 (or 8 if possible) players.
-Free for all
-Max stock (3 I think it is?)
-Max time or no time limit
-All items
-All stages
-All hazards

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
I plan to set my preferred rule-set for online play as follows:

1v1
Stock battle - 3 stocks
7 minute timer
No items and no FS meter
Battlefield or maybe all stages with hazards turned off.

Yeah I know, this looks boring. I will still enjoy being matched up with other players that have different and crazy rule-sets though.
Bought my LAN adaptor and counting the days until the games release!

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
This feature sounds very close to part of what I was hoping for ("Create"). It's not as meaty, but it definitely approaches what I had in mind.
https://smashboards.com/threads/things-you-want-announced-besides-characters.458695/post-22500542

To answer the question, I'm going to prefer whatever is closest to the main tournament ruleset. I'm guessing that will be 1v1, 3s, 7min, items/hazards/fs meter,

If only there were a "My Stages" feature. I'd add everything that I'd think should be legal
all backgrounds through omega and battlefield + a number of defaults + some defaults minus hazards
and perhaps from there it would match people up with at least two stages in common in their preferences, and take a vote between the ones in common. Oh, and stage morph would be on if it meant randomly putting together one of my stages and one of my opponent's.

Of course, if lag isn't an issue, I'll try other "for fun" stuff too.

Last edited:

fewmets

Smash Rookie
Stamina, items, all stages, free for all. Just to piss off the players I get matched with xD

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Most of the time I'll be playing Team Battle. Hazards would most likely be off. I honestly don't mind if the mode is either Timed or Stock, I'm not too picky. Though, I may lean towards Timed. I also don't care if Friendly Fire is off or not, but I might turn it on as to lessen spam. No items, but I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea of the FS meter being on.

Whenever I feel confident in my skills, I'll play 1v1. 3 stocks, 7 minutes sounds good. No items, no FS meter, Hazards off.

I'll leave the Free-for-alls to matches between friends.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
It depends on the connection... If it works as good as in the WiiU, I will be limited to 1x1 matches, cause matches with 4 players always had some terrible lag that made almost all matches unplayable and no enjoyable. I hope something will be different this time (I'm paying for this).

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
For me it depends on what I feel like. Usually, I do enjoy that 1-v-1 or 2-v-2 stock match with no items on hazardless stages, but I also enjoy just going into a free-for-all with items and more frantic stages. It will probably be about... 65 to 70% the former, 25% anything else.

Top Bottom